Ask the Characters

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends

Pages: First page ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Butterfree

Post #881
Ugh. Been letting this rot for way too long.

If I forget anybody's questions, by the way, it's not because I'm deliberately ignoring them or something; it's just a mistake because I didn't see it or accidentally skipped past the post when I was looking through for questions.

Mitch and Sparky: What makes rainbows?
Mitch: Light refracting from raindrops in the air.

Sparky: Anyone who wants to! 8D

May's Blaziken: Could you briefly summarize your oldest / first memories, please?
Blaziken: Being in the nest with my mother and siblings. It was warm and comfortable, but not very interesting.

Mark's Gyarados: How did you make/learn/get your Dragon Beam attack?
Gyarados: One day as I was trying to get to Suicune, I felt something charging inside me and released a beam. At first it was weak, but once I'd discovered it I started to train myself to do it better. It came to me naturally.

May's Stantler: Do you think you will miss your herd in the Safari Zone, traveling around with May to defeat legendaries? Or were you always solitary?
Stantler: I've been solitary since my calf grew up. I was in the Safari because I wanted a new trainer, so I was prepared for leaving that behind.

Mark's Sneasel: Since becoming stronger is important, do you think you will train at hours that one would think you would normally sleep?
Sneasel: I'll train whenever I can. I don't care what time it is. You lose your sense of time in the Pokéball.

Stantler: What are your first impressions of the group, May in particular?
Stantler: My first impressions were that she was acting a little strange, but I suppose I know why now. I don't think she's a bad person. She just needs some help.

Sneasel: If you come across a pokemon obviously much smarter and stronger than you, would you still fight it?
Sneasel: Why not? Fighting a stronger opponent makes you powerful.

May's Stantler: What was life like for you in the Safari Zone?
Stantler: It was all right. Sometimes I was lonely. Sometimes it reminded me too much of Ruxido. But I wanted a trainer and I got one.

Mark's Sneasel: Same.
Sneasel: There weren't a lot of strong opponents around. I spent most of it waiting for a powerful trainer to come around.

May: Have you ever broken a bone?
May: No.

Mark: Do you think that if you let a ditto transform into a person, and tried to break a bone, would you succeed?
Mark: Um, probably? I don't know a lot about Ditto but I think they're supposed to just copy the whole body.

(I remind you yet again that Ask the Characters is not a good place to just find out some factual information about the world of the story that you're curious about. If you don't want a particular character's take on something, it's better to ask in Ask the Author - especially since I answer those much quicker than questions in Ask the Characters. I can tell you that if you broke a bone in a transformed Ditto, the bone would be broken and the Ditto would feel exactly like a person who just had their bone broken. If it transformed back into its own shape, it would stop feeling like a bone has been broken specifically, but it would still be painful for a little while afterwards. Asking Mark, though, is just kind of counterproductive.)

I have a question to May:
Have you ever considered using some kind of strategy
Moves? EG: Skarmory can learn Stealth rock if you find the TM, Butterfree can learn Tailwind, and possibly Mutark can learn Sucker Punch.
May: What are you talking about? Butterfree uses Tailwind all the time, one of Mutark's main moves is Sucker Punch, and Skarmory was rocking a Stealth Rock/Whirlwind combo in my second preliminary match. Have you been paying attention?

(Note that entry hazards are considerably less useful in most of this fic's battles than in competitive battling as we know it. You never saw May's preliminaries, but using Stealth Rock in any of the matches you did see wouldn't have made much sense since they were switchless and in fanfic battles being sent out into Stealth Rock once is not going to take away even close to half of a Charizard's stamina. Good strategy in the games is not necessarily good strategy in a fanfic.)

Mark, how do you think Charmander (the Charmander you trained, not Alan's) has matured on the course on your journey-interrupted-by-Chaletwo? Specifically, what are the signs of his increased maturity, if there are any?
Mark: Well, when he was a Charmander he was kind of grudging and easily annoyed, and once he'd evolved that redoubled into this obsessive thing against Scyther. Once he became a Charizard he got a lot more sympathetic and laid-back.

May's Stantler: Did it make you sad seeing that your former Trainer inexplicably hung himself? (I was wondering if you mourned for a while, or was simply stunned, shocked or flabbergasted, or if you shrugged your shoulders and left with only a little regret. I am sorry if I seem callous asking this, but the minds of Pokémon may be different from that of humans'.)
Stantler: It shook me when it happened, but perhaps most of all that it had never occurred to me there was anything wrong. He seemed cheerful and ordinary, the whole time I was with him, and then…

We weren't especially close. It saddened me that he died, like it would sadden me that anyone I knew had died, but more than that it was the unexpectedness that got to me. I felt like perhaps I could have helped him if I'd known. That, I think, is what hit me the hardest.

Mark: I just realized we have the same favorite Pokemon! *High fives*
Mark: Huh, really? Cool. Lugia and Articuno are pretty awesome, aren't they?

To any character: Would you rather catch a Wobbuffet or an Absol?
May: I like Absol, but Wobbuffet is a well-known powerhouse and I've already got a Dark-type, so I guess I'd rather have a Wobbuffet.

mark n' may's pokemon: if you could be anywhere at this exact moment outside of your pokeballs, where would you be (note:including letalligon)
You can't ask ridiculous numbers of characters a question like that. Pick three or four at the most.

(Oh, one more thing: Butterfree, did you watched the DP series? In other words, can I assk a question about characters from that season?)
Uh, I've seen the D/P movies? I don't really know why you'd want to ask questions about random anime characters who don't appear in the fic, though.

COMMENTARY DONE

Rotom4m

Post #882
sorry <:)
mays quilava: how did it feel to be picked by may?
any of marks pokemon minus sandslash: how did it feel to be caught/picked by mark?
Sparky: why are jolly jolteons so damn fragile?
Allen: what do you think of my team of venasaur, rapidash, jolteon, omastar, rotation between onix and tyranitar and rotation between xatu and farfetch'd (note:optional)

Todris052

Post #883
Sorry about my last qustion, i havent red the fic in a while,lol. About the dp question i wanted to ask ash:
Dosnt May remind you anything about Paul?

Butterfree

Post #884
mays quilava: how did it feel to be picked by may?
Quilava: It didn't feel any particular way, at first. I'd volunteered to be a starter so I was ready for anything. It turned out pretty quickly that she wasn't especially fond of me, though, and it was all downhill from there.

any of marks pokemon minus sandslash: how did it feel to be caught/picked by mark?
Charizard: Better than rotting in a Pokéball all my life. He was nice and I liked him.

Sparky: why are jolly jolteons so damn fragile?
Sparky: Don't go around breaking them!

Allen: what do you think of my team of venasaur, rapidash, jolteon, omastar, rotation between onix and tyranitar and rotation between xatu and farfetch'd (note:optional)
Alan: As long as you love them all and they love you, it doesn't matter what Pokémon are on your team.

Dosnt May remind you anything about Paul?
Ash: Huh? May? She was nothing like Paul. o_O

(Ash has never met TQftL-May, so he could not possibly have an opinion on her.)

COMMENTARY DONE

Todris052

Post #885
Eh… What?! Of course he met her… At least once… right after Mark's resurruction, he, Alan, and MAY where at Ash's house… I'm pretty sure… Can you please check?

Butterfree

Post #886
They met in the sense that she was there while they were deciding Alan was going to go with them rather than Ash, but he never heard her name or exchanged any words with her whatsoever; ergo, as I said, he has no clue who you're talking about and can't possibly have an opinion on her or her training methods.

COMMENTARY DONE

Rotom4m

Post #887
wow that was quick

Todris052

Post #888
Oh. Okay, then.
Alan: Did your father tell you anything about Paul? If so, do you think he and May have something in common?

Butterfree

Post #889
Alan: Did your father tell you anything about Paul? If so, do you think he and May have something in common?
Alan: I'd… rather not talk about May right now. Sorry.

COMMENTARY DONE

Todris052

Post #890
Butterfree, I hate you sometimes…

Butterfree

Post #891
Hey, don't hate me. Hate Alan for being uncooperative. :P

COMMENTARY DONE

Rotom4m

Post #892
Mark: if you caught lugia or articuno, would you ever just ride around on it trolling and saying "haters gonna hate"
chaletwo: are you sure the destroyer is not a pokemon on another planet?
alan: what if a pokemon loves you too much in a… uh… yknow way

Todris052

Post #893
Sorry, I refuse to hate One of my favorite characters in this fic.

Butterfree

Post #894
Mark: if you caught lugia or articuno, would you ever just ride around on it trolling and saying "haters gonna hate"
Mark: …huh? o_O I doubt they'd let me do that.

chaletwo: are you sure the destroyer is not a pokemon on another planet?
Chaletwo: I have no idea. That would be handy if it were true and all, but it just sounds like science fiction to me. We have to assume something that's draining the power of the legendaries on this planet is probably also on this planet.

alan: what if a pokemon loves you too much in a… uh… yknow way
Alan: I… don't think that happens a lot. But if it did you'd just have to deal with it, like you'd deal with somebody else who likes you if you don't like them back. Talk about it and see if they can't get over it.

COMMENTARY DONE

Rotom4m

Post #895
yay! an all me post!

Rotom4m

Post #896
Sparky + Mitch: why cant yanmega use fly when it can pick people up and possibly eat their heads off?
mewtark: have you ever tried blood sausage or blood pudding or shepards pie?
Mark: what is meat made of, miltanks, tauroses, piloswines?

Butterfree

Post #897
Sparky + Mitch: why cant yanmega use fly when it can pick people up and possibly eat their heads off?
Sparky: I'd wager it would just have a hard time carrying a human over long distances. You can't overwork the poor thing.

Mitch: I don't think it can pick people up at all, to be honest.

mewtark: have you ever tried blood sausage or blood pudding or shepards pie?
Mutark: *blinks in puzzlement*

Mark: what is meat made of, miltanks, tauroses, piloswines?
Mark: Huh? I just eat animal meat.

COMMENTARY DONE

Rotom4m

Post #898
wait, i thought animals were extinct on your planet?

Butterfree

Post #899
No. Animals were imported from the animal world to the Pokémon world, but are only kept in captivity, for meat and the like, since they couldn't survive in direct competition with Pokémon. Generally people in the Pokémon world aren't worrying about animals in their daily lives.

COMMENTARY DONE

Coronis

Post #900
Chaletwo: Why don't you just not wait for the War of the Legends to begin, kill all the other Legendaries with your eyes, and then become the new Creator? (apart from plot reasons!)
Chaletwo: What is your relationship, if any, with other Legendary pokemon?

Pages: First page ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends