Ask the Author

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends

Pages: First page ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Last page

Scyther

Post #301
(I can't win, can I?)

So are you going for your Ph.D. or your Bachelor's?

Butterfree

Post #302
Depends on whether I'll be bored of studying by the time I have the Bachelor's. And on whether I can get a nice job at that point. My general guess is I probably can, so I don't really expect I'll need to go for the Ph.D.

COMMENTARY DONE

opaltiger

Post #303
But then you can't insist people call you doctor!

Sands Buisle

Post #304
Are you going to put in the scene when Letalgion fights her father? I hope you do.

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Butterfree

Post #305
It's a bit rash to call it 'the' scene, don't you think?

COMMENTARY DONE

Steele

Post #306
WHOO! The site's back on! PARTY!
*Starts Dancing*
<In the background>
SHUT THE *Explicit* UP!
O.K. Mother!
Would you take a twenty phrase challenge if I sent you one? (I need something to do with my twenty phrases)
Do you now, or have you ever played any sports? If so, which ones?

"Do you think I enjoy telling you who you can screw and who you can't?" -Shadowdart

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, cause' it's already tomorrow in Australia!

Butterfree

Post #307
Would you take a twenty phrase challenge if I sent you one? (I need something to do with my twenty phrases)
Probably not. :/ I have a lot of stuff I need to do.

Do you now, or have you ever played any sports? If so, which ones?
Chess, if that counts. :P (Yeah, played it as in weekly practices, participating in tournaments and so on.) If coerced, I can have fun playing most physical games, particularly badminton, but I wouldn't voluntarily sign up for it if I didn't have to.

COMMENTARY DONE

Scytherian Poetry

Post #308
Chess? Badminton? Those aren't sports! Those are hobbies! How about basketball?

Do you play an instrument? I play bass.

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"

Butterfree

Post #309
…how in the world is badminton not a sport? You can argue that chess isn't a physical activity and thus not a sport in the strictest sense of the word, but there is absolutely no reason to exclude badminton.

And if I played basketball, I would have mentioned that in the first place, wouldn't I?

I used to play the piano, but not really anymore.

COMMENTARY DONE

InnerDemon

Post #310
Soo. Your a chess player huh? :0. Well! I challenge you to a chess match! How you ask? I have no idea.
But anyways… Question :0.
What gave you the idea of combining Pokemon's names to create a whole new Pokemon? :0

Bloop. No longer being as active as I was. Starcraft mapmaking and friends have become the main source of my attention. I shall be on a few times a month, but I probably won't comment stories and crap. Have fun guys and girls.

Steele

Post #311
Uhh, badminton IS DEFINETLY a sport. And I make fun of bassists. (But not as much as drummers) I'm a lead guitarist! (But I just started a year and a half ago.. I'm not that good….)
To InnerDemon: I challenge you to a chess match!

Announcer: And steele claims victory over Deep Blue, the Chess playing computer, hardest of all opponents!

Think you can win?

"Do you think I enjoy telling you who you can screw and who you can't?" -Shadowdart

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, cause' it's already tomorrow in Australia!

Butterfree

Post #312
What gave you the idea of combining Pokemon's names to create a whole new Pokemon? :0
Uhh, Pokémon itself? All Pokémon names are portmanteaus of relevant words, and then we have "Venustoise" in the anime. It's kind of obvious.

The inspiration to combine Pokémon in the first place was Mew's Hangout's tutorial on mixing Pokémon together (not with sprites, mind you, but official art). The example was a "Chandrill", too, so even if I wouldn't have thought of "Hey, let's give them spliced names too!", it would have come from there. So then I went and made a whole bunch of images in Paint of Pokémon like "Beekachabra" and "Ponydude" and "Squirtulbamander" and "Molzapart" and "Rainteicune". Yeah.

COMMENTARY DONE

InnerDemon

Post #313
:0. Interesting!

Steele. I was that announcer! I decided to make you boast in your fake victory, then I would've swooped down like a seagull and taken your victory! Haha!
I rigged Deep Blue to lose on purpose!

Bloop. No longer being as active as I was. Starcraft mapmaking and friends have become the main source of my attention. I shall be on a few times a month, but I probably won't comment stories and crap. Have fun guys and girls.

Steele

Post #314
Oh $#!%.
To Butterfree: Let's not forget Pikatales!

Butterfree

Post #315
What do you mean, "Let's not forget Pikatales"? Pikatales is a sprite splice, made for my sprite request thread on Pokémasters in 2003; it is not in any way relevant to my original forage into mixing Pokémon (which, again, was done with official art, not sprites, and was long before Pokémon spriting even began as a fad). If it were relevant, you'd also have to include every one of the 1000+ sprites I made during that request thread's run.

COMMENTARY DONE

opaltiger

Post #316
Soo. Your a chess player huh? :0. Well! I challenge you to a chess match! How you ask? I have no idea.

Over IM, clearly. Or on this forum, then I can watch.

For the (very important) record, my own track record against Butterfree is 3/3/0, w/l/t. Well actually I claim victory for one of those losses on the basis of time, but I'm nice so I will admit she beat me after time ran out.

Steele

Post #317
I thought we were talking about any morphed sprite…..

Butterfree

Post #318
Well, I wasn't asked anything to do with "any morphed sprite"; I was asked where the inspiration for creating fake Pokémon by mixing (the names of) existing Pokémon came from. Which does not in any way involve spriting, much less some one particular random splice I made in 2003. I only mentioned particular mixes in the first place because those were some of that first batch I made, but again, I specifically said that those were made from official art, not sprites.

COMMENTARY DONE

Steele

Post #319
Oh…… Well I am, once again, bored.
If you had to let Either InnerDemon or I intrude your life for one day, who would get to intrude?

Butterfree

Post #320
To be honest, I don't know either of you well enough to make a very informed decision in that regard.

COMMENTARY DONE

Pages: First page ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Last page

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends