Speculation of the Next Chapter

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends

Pages: 1 2 3

Butterfree

Post #1
Uh, thought we might as well get this started again. Especially in time for the League chapters, which have stuff happening.

So yeah. If you have wild theories about what's going to happen in the next chapter, post them here.

COMMENTARY DONE

elyvorg

Post #2
May will catch Polaryu.

And um. That's all I've had regarding the next chapter, really. I've also had vague thoughts that someone else might join them and participate in the battle a la Carl just to make things a little more interesting than just Mark and May going at it with twelve of their Pokémon. Doubt it, though.

Sad is happy for deep people.

darthjarjar

Post #3
they almost lose but get saved by a random bystander who happens to be someone they know and slightly love

Ummmm… So… Yea… Theres a Darthjarjar here now… Soon… All the internet forums will be filled with Darthjarjars…

bayleef

Post #4
What if all of May and Mark's pokemon faint, so Mark is forced to send thunderyu into battle

Nostalgia

Post #5
Polaryu will awaken, and after a long battle in which a lot of their Pokémon faint, they will capture it.

Afterwards, the ice in and around the mountain will start to melt, as it was Polaryu that kept it frozen, and… stuff happens.

Thats it. Thats my idea.

Deilos

Post #6
You said you were open to speculation on the league chapters…

I reckon that by some kind of freakish luck Mark will defeat the Elite Four, and May won't because Floatzel will start disobeying her orders. I think this might also educate May, or Mark/Alan will use this to show to her, that she needs to treat her Pokemon well and not just use them for their talents.

As for Polaryu, well, they'll capture it and somebody will see, and realise that Polaryu was a legendary they hadn't discovered, perhaps Rick/Tyler so they'll want to clone it, and (more likely if it's Tyler) they'll try to steal the ball that it's in.

b_l_minu

Post #7
There's always the possibility that Polaryu could escape, especially since it's two teams against him(?) and they could barely manage Thunderyu with three. I don't know how the kids would survive that, unless Chaletwo teleported them or something. Then where would Polaryu go, since the other dragons were captured?

In any case, I wanna look at their odds in battle (provided nobody else joins the fight as others have suggested). Mark will most likely leave Sandslash out of battle, since not only is he stuck on the ground, he's weak to ice attacks. Scyther, Butterfree, Flygon and Dragonair are toast, while Letal and Tyranitar should fare pretty well defensively. Skarmory could do a lot of damage, being a steel-type who can fly, and the same goes for Gyarados's Dragon Beam, if there's for him water nearby. *cough* That's all.

darthjarjar

Post #8
i guess ill add some stuff from my first post…
mabye like after polaryu get captured many of the ice pokemon become over heated and they have to do sonething quick before all the ice pokemon die of heat exhaustion…

Ummmm… So… Yea… Theres a Darthjarjar here now… Soon… All the internet forums will be filled with Darthjarjars…

Butterfree

Post #9
I reckon that by some kind of freakish luck Mark will defeat the Elite Four…
…you do know there is no Elite Four in this fic, right? @_@ Or rather, there is an Elite Four, but those are just the previous four champions of the old-timers' league who are mostly involved with the organization and quite literally can't participate. There is no way to get the game-style league to make sense in a fanfic. It's just an anime-style knockout tournament for trainers who have had a license for less than a year.

COMMENTARY DONE

elyvorg

Post #10
I think Taylor might be the character who will reappear in the league chapters - and I'm not just thinking this because someone else mentioned him; it'd been on my mind for a while. What significance he might have, I haven't a clue, however.

Deilos

Post #11
Well, I hadn't realised that about the Elite Four. When was that said? Bear in mind that I haven't re-read this fic in a while. I don't remember anything about it. Either way, I reckon Mark will do much better than May and May will be distraught about it.

Nostalgia

Post #12
Oh, I know what'll happen in the league chapters! The extremely cliched 'I travel with you, and battle you in one of the last rounds'! That would make the story great in my eyes.

You didn't believe that, did you?

Tropiking

Post #13
If it weren't waaaaaaay too cliche, May would end up battling Mark. But I think that Mark will get knocked out about halfway through the tournament. May will get to the final match and lose as well. Just to tick her off. =)

As for Polaryu, I think it would be cool if it got away and started terrorizing the people at the league.

Mew's Last Chance: The Golden Stone is back. Expect more chapters soon!

Chapter Two Statis: Just getting started

ThunderBlue

Post #14
Well, Polaryu awakens, and during the battle against him, Alan and Molzapart call for help. The Destroyer has been found.

Look out behind you!

elyvorg

Post #15
So I had this dream recently that the big twist in the League chapters was… dun dun dun…

the Dratini, Larvitar and Bagon that were released around Ouen having artificially heightened stats. Anyone with a Salamence or whatever in their team would be at a big advantage.

Or something like that. o.o I think it also mentioned Gyarados somehow, but I'm not sure how.

Dreams have delightfully skewed senses of scale, don't they?

opaltiger

Post #16
Well, I hadn't realised that about the Elite Four. When was that said? Bear in mind that I haven't re-read this fic in a while. I don't remember anything about it. Either way, I reckon Mark will do much better than May and May will be distraught about it.

No, Butterfree will finally get to write her "the cold, calculating trainer beats the power-of-LOVE trainer" battle.

Zzzzzzzzz480

Post #17
I'm thinking that in the semi's, May will face Taylor. It'll get down to 2 on 1 (May's losing), blah, blah, blah. Taylor hasn't used any clones for fear of being DQed (Dairy Queen? Where, where?!), yada yada. Mays final Pokemon is her Butterfree, which she sends out after Skarmory and Taylor's earlier Pokemon KOed eachother at the same time. Out goes Butterfree…
And Taylor's Typhlosion…
For anyone that has actually paid attention in the story, you know exactly what I mean. Yes, evolved Quilava.

I do not believe in the rules of Spelling and Grammar.
bat tht dsnt men i wont folow thm neway

Sands Buisle

Post #18
May and Mark battle at some point and are allowed to have a Spirit vs Garydos battle. One of them also battles Tailor. They all pass the preliminaries.

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

puredragon222

Post #19
I think that May and Mark will face off in the middle, and May will win. Then, in the semifinals May will face Taylor and her Pokemon will beat his superclones.

Sands Buisle

Post #20
Mark wins his next battle with little effort and May crushes both her opponents, Tailor passes with no effort (-_- boring). In future chapters, I believe Mark/May will battle Alex, Mark's friend.

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Pages: 1 2 3

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends