Goofs

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1

Butterfree

Post #1
In one of my ever-classic moments of working on everything except what people actually want me to be working on, I randomly made the Goofs and Inconsistencies page I mentioned off-handedly a while ago that I wanted to make. Hopefully it will amuse some of you.

If you remember more goofs that I didn't just fix, by all means point them out.

Yes, I've been writing the chapter too. I know progress is slow, but I've had work and friends taking up a lot of my time.

COMMENTARY DONE

Sands Buisle

Post #2
Is it just me, or was it I that pointed out Mist's backstory and the HM reusability contrdicted themselves?

Me first.

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Butterfree

Post #3
Probably.

COMMENTARY DONE

Scytherian Poetry

Post #4
That first was completely unnessecary. Besides, Butterfree was first.
I actually haven't noticed any of those, goofs. I'm gonna tetras the entire thing and go goof spotting.

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"

b_l_minu

Post #5
Does the Racko-son-of-Ash's-Grovyle thing count as an inconsistency?

Negrek

(guest)

Post #6
Oh God, the pokéball send-out light thing. I've always written it as white to send out, red to recall, since I remember it quite clearly from the anime. But lately it seems that everyone is writing it as red-red instead, in ASB as well as in fanfiction. I've gotten really paranoid that either I'm insane or for some reason they changed the color in later anime seasons.

I don't understand why it's such a common mistake. Even in the games the send-out color for a basic pokéball is white…

Butterfree

Post #7
Does the Racko-son-of-Ash's-Grovyle thing count as an inconsistency?
Hm. Well, not quite, since I didn't actually mess up there - it was a Grovyle at the time I wrote that, and it's not like I'm listing every time the characters don't use obvious fourth-generation moves in chapters written before Diamond and Pearl came out - but it's still inconsistent with the current facts. Maybe I should just go fix it in the chapter to get rid of this dilemma.

I don't understand why it's such a common mistake. Even in the games the send-out color for a basic pokéball is white…
Yeah, it's kind of puzzling. I was completely confident it was always red until after I'd double-checked some clips. Maybe it's just some psychological mix-up due to the similarity of the sendout light to the more memorable white light of evolution? It could be that the association in the brain is just "white light = evolution, red light = Pokéballs" unless you've been paying special attention to the color of the Pokéball light.

COMMENTARY DONE

Sands Buisle

Post #8
I'm not sure if its a coincidence or not (not that anybody here can me tell if it is), but the colors of the pokeball are the same as its sendout/recall colors (the basic pokeball).

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Pure Umbreon

Post #9
Huh… sorry I am late to the party but have been on a week and a half vacation this week… the only one of these goofs I have noticed was the Ariados having six legs thing. The rest went totally unnoticed by me.

Click if you have the time.

Quinn2

(guest)

Post #10
@Butterfree
You did mention the white send-out light was part of your theory on how pokeballs work. Do you have this theory written up somewhere?

Butterfree

Post #11
@Butterfree
You did mention the white send-out light was part of your theory on how pokeballs work. Do you have this theory written up somewhere?
No, not yet. It basically revolves around Pokémon's genetic material being able to spontaneously construct the Pokémon in a process that emits a bright white light, and this being what is happening during both hatching, evolution and Pokéball sendout.

COMMENTARY DONE

Pages: 1

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog