Progress (finally)

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1

Butterfree

Post #1
So you know chapter 57? The thing I haven't been talking about or making any real headway with for a couple of months?

Basically, I've been having something of a confidence crisis recently, realizing suddenly that this chapter is going to be awful and the whole chapter plan sucks and I can't write and so on. And it didn't help that I was stuck on a really stupid part of the chapter, one of those places where I need a transition from thing A to thing B and it just can't seem to work out in a way that doesn't sound ridiculous. So I haven't been getting a lot of writing done.

Well, the other day I realized it was almost June, and since the fic's ninth anniversary is on the nineteenth of June, I should probably hurry up with the chapter to try to get it out on TQftL's birthday. At first this resulted in about two new sentences of the chapter, which I promptly deleted after deciding they were awkward. Then earlier I got past that annoying little part and started writing again, and then all of a sudden the characters swooped in to the rescue by suddenly making the chapter interesting! I love it when that happens. (Oh, Chaletwo, in my Morphic-extra-writing spree I'd almost forgotten how much I utterly love you and all the new things I keep discovering about you.)

It's still a sort of a talky in-between chapter, but at least I like it a lot more now and don't feel like I'm a horrible writer making a chapter out of uninteresting chatter anymore, so I expect this time I will actually be able to find the motivation to finish it. If everything goes according to plan, you only have two weeks to wait now. Look forward to it.

Oh, and somebody a while ago suggested I should make some sort of a plot recap thing, so I've been drafting up a page that would go on the minipage somewhere containing a basic summary of both the main plot and the current status of that and the ongoing subplots, so as to make it easier for readers to refresh their memories on what's going on after a long wait between chapters. This would be updated every time there is a chapter update to feature information as of the chapter before the latest one, so as to allow you to read/skim it before you read the new chapter. Sound good?

COMMENTARY DONE

zeKieranator

Post #2
First!

I'm glad to know that you've started working on Chapter 57 again - I was afraid you might have abandoned TQftL. And as for the plot summary, I think that's a great idea, considering I do often get lost when it comes to reading a new chapter a long time after reading the chapter before it, and it would be nice to have some sort of reminder as to what's going on without having to reread the entire story.

There are 10 types of people in this world - people who know binary and people who don't.
There are 3 types of people in this world - people who can't count and people who can.

Butterfree

Post #3
Pssh. You should know better by now than to think I'd abandon this silly thing.

COMMENTARY DONE

Pure Umbreon

Post #4
Glad to hear that the chapter is coming along. Is the anniversary really that close? Woah.

Also overjoyed to hear that a summary page is coming soon too. I have had to sometimes go back and read stuff over to understand things again after long waits for updates. The summary page should make that alot easier.

Click if you have the time.

Everglider

Post #5
I didn't start reading this until last year. Have you really been working on it for nine years?! (Gasp!) Anyway, at least now I don't have to pull my hair out speculating when you'll finish and I can actually focus on real-life stuff!

In memory of the poor Sealeo that my brother evolved…I'm so sorry! I never should have let him make you into an ugly Walrein!

Everglider

Post #6
Hey Dragonfree, five days left before I get all annoyed an upset because you haven't put up the chapter! Just kidding. I worship you. (JK about that last part, too)

In memory of the poor Sealeo that my brother evolved…I'm so sorry! I never should have let him make you into an ugly Walrein!

Everglider

Post #7
ONE DAY!!!

Butterfree

Post #8
Appreciate the thought, but it's really not necessary. I can count. :P

COMMENTARY DONE

Everglider

Post #9
NOOOO!!! It's not finished!

Butterfree

Post #10
It's still the nineteenth.

COMMENTARY DONE

Pages: 1

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog