Dramatic Molzapart

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1 2

Negrek

(guest)

Post #21
And my accent is less a cute consistent set of endearing idiosyncrasies in vowel pronunciation and more some awful attempt at sounding American that does poorly with some English consonant combinations and stress placements and for some reason the word 'English'. It's awful.
"Attempt" at sounding American? :P I'm not sure why you would be trying to attempt that, but IMO you're much closer to a some-kind-of-British thing at the moment. The accent kind of reminds me of how Gwen from the show Torchwood speaks.

Mostly I was just amused that you pronounce blizzard "blee-zard."

Butterfree

Post #22
"Attempt" at sounding American? :P I'm not sure why you would be trying to attempt that, but IMO you're much closer to a some-kind-of-British thing at the moment.
Because most English I hear and thus have for spoken reference is American? Though here I ended up sounding a good deal more British than I usually do because I was taking inspiration from my friend (largely because she loves reading everything dramatically), whose accent is mostly British-sounding.

Of course, I really have no idea what I'm talking about because Icelandic has for all intents and purposes no dialect differences whatsoever and so I grew up without ever developing an ear for accents; in my perception English classes into approximately "stereotypical Texan", "British-ish" and "something else". So… ignore me.

COMMENTARY DONE

Mudskipper

(guest)

Post #23
I just did some testing of my own.
Rayquaza can learn Fly by level-up, but it cannot forget it without using the Move Deleter. Same thing with Salamence.

Kratos

(guest)

Post #24
Hm. Well, I'd heard your voice briefly before and I didn't think it sounded like anything in particular then (other than "foreign" and "vaguely European", derp derp stupid American), but after hearing it over a longer period of time… I'd actually say you sound more Irish than British, given the way you stress some sounds and the slight lilting tone you seem to have.

Bahaha I haven't read Moltzapart and Rainteicune in forever. Hearing it aloud was quite amusing.

Kratos

(guest)

Post #25
next time maybe listen to both before posting stupid just an idea

Anyway, yeah. You've definitely got a pseudo-Irish accent going on there. That "Oh, Charlie!" bit especially–I cracked up at that part. I don't think you can get any more stereotypically Irish than the way you just said that. ;)

Shadow Serenity

Post #26
I laughed quite a bit at the "Oh, Charlie!" part as well. I have to admit, I rather like your voice, I don't get why you think it's so bad.

Anyway, I laughed at a good deal of this, I do hope you record part 2.

Brock

(guest)

Post #27
I laughed. Your voice in both of these sound nothing like I had imagined. Your accent is not horrible, it actually kind of sounds Israeli instead of Icelandic.

Oh-Paching

(guest)

Post #28
I thought your voice would be deeper. O_o

Joseph

Post #29
Haha. Your voice sounds completely different to how I imagined it. I must say, instead of American, it sounds more like some of my relatives who live in Newcastle.
Sorry for the late reply.

LOOK! Some people have a Signature here!

Fox McCloud

(guest)

Post #30

Gold.

opaltiger

Post #31
The accent kind of reminds me of how Gwen from the show Torchwood speaks.

I have to say that the idea of Butterfree speaking with a Welsh accent is amusing me greatly.

SilverUmbreon

(guest)

Post #32
I loved it!…However, I accidentially downloaded it to my dad's Itunes, and need to figure out how to get it off before he finds it, he would be confused!

Scytherian Poetry

Post #33
You should try sounding Australian. The really stereotypical Australian that all Americans for some reason think we sound like. I'll throw another shrimp on the barby for ya if you do. (that ad is a national joke. go look it up.)

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"

Pages: 1 2

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog