Darkness in Mynoh

Forum Index - Back to Your Own Fanfiction

Pages: 1 2

Tiffano

Post #1
Well, I'm new to this community. Been hooked on The Quest for the Legends for about a year now. [Love the story, by the way ;)] And after reading the first chapter, I was inspired to write my own Fanfic, although I haven't actually followed through until recently.

My story has a rushed plot. If I'm lucky, the main character will be on their fourth badge by the time the whole deal's done, so I decided to rewrite DiM. But, I'd kinda like to put up the previous version for the heck of it. Enjoy :D

Tiffano

Post #2
DARKNESS IN MYNOH
PROLOGUE
A continuous trickle of water sounded in my cave of slumber. Stalagmites and stalactites were scattered about, casting an eerie and intimidating atmosphere in the already threatening caverns. To my left I heard a splash followed by one of your human curses. I let my mind’s eye reach out and examined the intruder. To my sweet pleasure, the being was a human… a “Pokémon Trainer” I believe.

The Human stood shoulder high and was completely black, excluding a long piece of blood-red fabric wrapped around its neck. Its hair was a bright white, yet it seemed young… I remember seeing old humans with white hair, never young. The creature’s skin was painted charcoal black and had a defiant look in its dark eyes.

“Mewtwo!” the Human’s voice called, strong with pride, “I request the blueprints to your creation.”

It stood there, unable to see where I lay hidden, yet I could feel the waves of power emanating from the creature.

<i>“Why is it that you request these documents, Human?”</i>

Without hesitation the Human responded with defiance, “That information is mine and mine alone, Mewtwo. Now I ask once more, will you allow me to the blueprints of your creation?”

My mind probed into the creature’s, searching for his reason, the true cause. But a barrier blocked my mind from his.

“Well?”

<i>“No.”</i>

The Human growled; waves of antagonism poured off his being.

<i>Powerful anger…</i>

“Mewtwo, if you do not hand over this piece of knowledge I seek, I will force it from you.”

I chuckled. <i>“Why should I fear you, Human?”</i>

The biped stepped closer to where I lay; maybe it knew where I reside…

“Merely because I am able to destroy you after I have accessed the information I require.”

Never before had a human been able to defeat me in battle. True, they have found where I rest, but none have been able to defeat me. None. This Human’s threats were nothing to me, yet the inquiries he presented caught my curiosity.

“A challenge you seek, Human, a challenge you shall receive.” I Teleported out from my hidden location so that I stood before the Human: His gaze did not waver and his aura did not change; anger still poured out from his body.

“It’s going to be a shame to have to destroy such a powerful being as yourself, Mewtwo,” the Human chuckled darkly, “but you leave me no choice. Weavile attack!”

From the shadows the Pokémon sprung, a beam of ice shooting from its fanged mouth. I retaliated with a blast of flames, incinerating the frozen beam. The Pokémon stood by its master, poised and ready to attack. Its two paws were angled in the Weavile’s traditional attack formation, with a foot up front and a foot stretched back, the fan on its head wide sensing any change of movement, and its ears alert to any sound.

Without command from the Human the Pokémon leapt, its claws in a shroud of darkness and attempted to slash. I pulled the water from the surrounding area and released it in a pulsing wave at the oncoming attacker. The blasting water swept away the Weavile up to its master’s feet.

“You never were the strong one,” the human grunted and put it into a red and white sphere.

“Well, Human, is that all you’ve got?” I challenged.

The Human’s lips pulled up in a smile, “Quite the contrary, Mewtwo. I have so much more; Scyther Squad attack!”

I heard the humming before I saw the bugs with my eyes. There were several of them, five to be exact. They circled around me, searching for a weak point in my defenses. Six Pokémon; the human couldn’t send anymore out: That I was sure of.
The buzzing intensified as the swarm increased in speed, turning into a green blur. I closed my eyes and let my mind watch the insects and human. Simultaneously the bugs attacked with blades across their chests, glowing a light green. When they were no more than a tail’s length away from where I stood, I Teleported behind their master, causing the five insects to collide into each other.

However, unlike the last Pokémon which had fainted instantly, these were still able to fight however damaged they were. My lip curled up; the equivalent of a human sneer. As I had entered this battle under The Oath, I could not harm the trainer, so I side-stepped the seemingly frozen Human and launched a Swift array of shooting stars. The attack landed accurate stunning blows, severely injuring two of the winged bugs.
Once more I Teleported, this time into the midst of the Scyther who were readying their next attacks, where I launched an onslaught of Rockslides. Another pest was crushed under the stone, leaving me with two more Scyther to finish off.

From behind me I could feel a stronger torrent of emotion from the human—frustration and irritation. I paid him no heed, although I began to wonder how the Scyther were acting on their own accords; most Pokémon Trainers commanded their Pokémon to attack.

As my focus drifted with my thoughts, I felt a searing pain along my chest; a Scyther had managed to Slash. Growling, I pointed at the offender and sent a wave of powerful kinetic energy which instantly knocked the Pokémon out. I turned to face my last foe that stood before me, teeth bared.

“Enough!”
I
turned and glared at the Human. Nobody commanded Mewtwo. Nobody. With a quick look into the Trainer’s eyes, I realized I had once more lost my focus. I twisted around only to meet two scythes that crossed against my already open wound. Blood flowed from the large cut and my legs gave way, weak.

“You see, Mewtwo,” the Human approached me; “I always get what I want. Always.”

In the Trainer’s hand was a purple sphere with an “M” scrawled across it. Realization struck as consciousness began to leave me: Either way, had I beaten his Pokémon or lost, the human would’ve won. A bright flash of light hit my eyes. I knew no more.

Tiffano

Post #3
CHAPTER ONE: LICENSED

A Valcan shrieked overhead as it flew across the clear blue sky of Mynoh. Emma Ketchum looked up, eagerness and excitement on her face as she watched the bird fly closer to her house. A smile lit her face as she saw that the bird carried a parcel—a parcel she had been waiting for an extra four years.

The fourteen-year-old sprinted across the meadow her father owned, each stride lengthening as her excitement grew. Emma had taken four years’ extra classes, mentored under her father, Matthew Ketchum, and world renowned Professor Marissa Oak. However unnecessary the classes seemed to be, Emma enjoyed the lessons as her mind was quick to absorb the information given to her; All this preparation in the hopes that Emma Ketchum would live up to the name her great-grandfather Pokémon Master Ash Ketchum.

The knee-high blades of grass brushed against the teen’s knees, and the grazing Pokémon which had once battled under Professor Ketchum looked up to watch their master’s daughter race home. Her home was cozy, a little cottage in the middle of an expanse of greenery. Not a single tree blocked her view for miles around, and she could see the River Kihaile thread across part of her father’s land.

The Valcan circled over the house, waiting for the receiver to arrive. As Emma neared the house, the bird dropped a large envelope by the front door and flew off.

“Mom!” the teen cried as she picked up the large envelope, “My License came!”

“Four years late, isn’t it, sweetie?” the voice called from inside the house.

“Those years were worth it, Mom,” Emma sighed as she opened the door, package in hand.

Her mother, Professor Amelia Ketchum, was busy feeding a newly hatched Larvitar. Emma glanced around at the messy living room and made her way up to her own room on the second floor. As Emma was the only child of the family, she was spoiled as most first-borns are. Her room was the master bedroom, but not as what others might think of. The master bedroom was the only “human room” as it had a refrigerator containing human food, a stove and island, a television for pure entertainment (although it was speedily gathering dust), a game system attached to the television which was also collecting dust, and a wall dedicated to books with nothing about Pokémon. Only rarely did the Ketchum’s spend their time in this room; they were far too busy in the life of studying Pokémon.

By the large window which gave Emma a southward view of Starlight City was an immense cherry desk. Papers half finished, half read, and half destroyed littered the desk; all statistical data, theories and stories written by Emma. With practiced ease the soon-to-be-trainer pushed off all the papers and opened the envelope. She slid out its contents carefully, not wanting to damage, scratch, or deface her new license. A thick packet of papers with six large puncture marks (most likely the work of the Valcan’s talons) came out, followed by a standard sized envelope. Ignoring the papers, the teen tore open the white envelope. Gliding from the torn side came her Trainer Identification Card—her license to train Pokémon.

The card was the size of a credit card. On one side was all of Mynoh seen from outer space with “Pokémon License” printed across the middle in thick black font. The newbie trainer read and reread the back of the card:

Pokémon Trainer: Emma Ketchum
DOB: 06/18/XX SOJ: ________
Hometown: North Starlight
Starter Pokémon: ________

To the right of the card was a recent picture of Emma. The picture had captured one of Emma’s best traits: confidence. The trainer smiled back at her license, feeling sure that she mirrored the card’s picture of short light brown hair, green eyes, light-pink lips, and a straight row of white teeth.

Today the trainer thought today I become a Pokémon Trainer. Tomorrow I start my journey.

Sighing contently, the new trainer began to read through the large packet of paperwork.

"Congratulations!
Upon receiving your License, you are now able to legally train and care for Pokémon. However, there are certain rules you must be aware of which must be kept under all circumstances. Upon signing this form, you will have sworn yourself to obey THE OATH. Should you break this oath, your license will be confiscated and you will be BANNED from Pokemon training."

“Some congratulations,” Emma muttered as she read the form. Neatly she signed her name on the line. The next few pages explained each of the bullets in further detail; all of which Emma had memorized years ago. Seeing as all the rest of the papers contained nothing but details about The Oath and consequences, Emma threw the papers down on the already messy pile by her desk. As she looked at nothing in particular in that messy corner, she noticed a blue piece of paper sticking out. The trainer pulled out the card. It was a postcard hidden somewhere in the stack of papers which had the location of Professor Oak’s laboratory and pictures of all fourteen starter Pokémon. The postcard unfolded into a poster-sized document which gave the pro’s and con’s of each starter, the most necessary tools and items needed on a Pokémon Journey, and a Digital Town Map.

Emma pulled out the DTM which could be installed into a Pokétch, PokéGear, or a Pokédex. She tossed the chip on her License and quickly went over the Tools and Items List.

The sun was starting to rise along the east horizon, and Emma still had not left home to begin her journey to Starlight City.

“Are you sure you don’t want to bring this?” Amelia suggested, holding a Max Repel. “Or maybe you should bring the—”

“It’s fine Mom,” Emma muttered as she gulped down the last of her cereal.

“Yeah, don’t worry honey,” Matthew reassured, “Emma knows what she’s doing, don’t ya dear?”

“Four years,” Emma reminded her mother.

Amelia sighed, “Well, if you’re going to reject all my offers, at least take this with you.” In her hand was a black choker with a light blue gem. Emma looked at her parents’ faces. Her mother’s was warm yet her eyes seem on the verge of tearing up and her father’s was full of pride.

“What is that?”

“The stone is aquamarine and your father found it in the caves near the Pokémon League… Didn’t your father ever tell you about his adventure there?”

Matthew gave a sheepish grin, “I never did have time to tell her…”

“Well then, you can tell her on your way to Starlight.” Amelia handed the choker to her daughter. “Don’t lose it, honey… Good luck on your journey and don’t forget to call!”

“I won’t Mom,” Emma smiled and hugged her mom.

“Let’s go Emma.”

“Coming Dad… I need to get my backpack.” The trainer rushed into her room and pulled on the light sea-blue bag, pocketed her License and DTM, and ran out the front door.

“Bye Mom!” the teen called over her shoulder as she jumped into her father’s jeep.

“Bye Emma!” Her mother stood at the front door, tissue in hand; she had begun to cry.

“Did you bring The Oath you were supposed to sign?” Matthew asked as they pulled out of the drive way.

“Yup, s’all packed,” Emma reassured as she patted her backpack. The sun had just popped over the horizon and was beginning its ascent into the sky. The grass began to ripple in the wind, as if saying “good-bye” to Emma. Watching the scenery, which she was so familiar with, the trainer saw a large fire not so far away. Smiling, she gazed at the leaping Infernape which landed on the roof of the car.

“Infaaa!” the Pokémon cried as it slid into the open window of the jeep.

“Good morning, Infernape!” Matthew chuckled, “Coming to wish Emma off?”

“Nape infaaa!” the Blaze Pokémon chattered.

“Yeah, Emma, what are you going to choose as your starter?”

“Well,” the trainer pulled out the postcard, “There are fourteen to choose from—“
Her father whistled, “Back in my day, we only had three to choose from.”

Emma chuckled, “Well, you didn’t live in Mynoh where we don’t have our own set of starters. So far I’m stuck between Pikachu, Charmander, Torchic, and Eevee.”

Infernape let out a sigh, <i>“Why not a Chimchar so I can mess around with ‘im?”</i>

“I doubt Mom would like two Infernapes running around the house.”

“No, she wouldn’t enjoy that… Seeing as you are enough trouble already.”

The ape Pokémon grinned guiltily, “You enjoy my hassles as much as I do, Matt.”

“Dad, what do you think my starter should be?” Emma spoke after much contemplation.

“Emma, you know that’s not my choice to make.”

“Well, what do you recommend?”

“Hmm…” The car made a right turn onto Route 415. The landscape changed abruptly from a tree-less land into a forest. “Well, you should cross out Pikachu since there are plenty of them in Moontide…"

“Not <i>that</i> information, Dad; I already know all this. I want…” she sighed.

“Well, if you don’t want any of that, there’s not much I can tell you,” Matthew laughed, “seeing as I’ve taught you just about everything I can.”

“Why did you choose Infernape?”

<i>“Because your father was a wise boy,”</i> Infernape cackled.

“I was late,” her father stated simply.

Emma laughed with her father’s starter. The great Professor Ketchum, grandson of Pokémon Master Ash Ketchum was late!

“Hey, now, your great-grandfather was late too!” Matthew defended with a smile.

Starlight City loomed ahead, its skyscrapers literally in the sky. At the edge of the city stood a white laboratory where Professor Oak resided. The building was extremely short compared to the surrounding buildings, but it was still colossal. The lab was a chrome-white, with a large windmill at its center; the main source of power for the lab.

“Hey, Dad, you never told me the story about the necklace,” Emma said as she tied the choker around her neck.

“Oh yeah, I keep forgetting.”

<i>“Matt, if you don’t mind, I’d like to tell her.”</i>

“Just don’t warp the anecdote, okay?”
The Infernape merely chuckled.<i> “See, we were wandering around the Pokémon League since your father got us lost. We were training by the ocean, without any Flying-type Pokémon. See, kid, whenever you train, don’t forget to bring a way back!

“So, we were wandering in the caves along the ocean when we stumbled upon this huge cavern of Spheals and Walrein. Man was your father freezing! But luckily he had me by his side to keep him warm!” Infernape chuckled but his Trainer just sighed, “So while we were trying not to provoke the Pokémon, we realized we forgot where the entrance was! While we were trying to backtrack, your father fell into this pool of water. And since I’m a Fire-type and all, I didn’t want to get wet.”</i>

“You were laughing at me when I got back up!”

The Infernape continued, ignoring his Trainer,<i> “So we sat there, all miserable like—well your father— anyhoo, when the cave got all foggy! The sun had set and we were just sitting there in the light of my fire, which isn’t much help as you know. So, sitting there we just started small chat—“</i>

“Small chat!” Matthew scoffed.

<i>“And then this serpent was just rising out of the water! Freaky! It had those fish-like fins on the side of its head and it kinda reminded me of Gyarados, only it seemed much holier if you know what I mean. On its head was a gem, an aquamarine! And it just looked at us with its deep blue eyes. The gem and its eyes began to glow like nothing else in the world could and we found ourselves back at the Pokémon League. In your father’s hand was an aquamarine, as if to remind him of our little journey, heh.

“The morale of this story is—“</i>
“That’s enough, Infernape,” Matthew interjected.

Emma giggled.

“You see, the serpent we saw was an unclassified Pokémon; probably a Legendary. I’ve gone back to the caves a dozen times—“

<i>“Getting lost in the process, as usual.”</i>

“But I’ve never seen the Pokémon again.”

“Dad, wouldn’t there be any myths about that Pokémon if it was a legendary?”

He shrugged, “Myths don’t arise until the Pokémon is seen. And for all I know, I’m the only one who’s seen that Pokémon.”

<i>“Ahem!”</i>

“And Infernape,” Matthew added.

“I see…”

The laboratory was nearing, sending Emma’s heart beating rapidly. Infernape gave a monkey grin as he heard the increase of her pulse. Starlight City loomed ahead, menacingly yet warmly at the same time. Her first gym was in the city, but going so soon would mean suicide.

Standing by the sliding doors was Professor Oak, waving at the jeep.

“Are you ready?” the Professor called as the car pulled up.

Emma smiled her signature smile, “Yes ma’am.”

NOTE: I do realise that the "<i>" doesn't really italisize the words, but I'm putting them in there for the emphasis :)

Tiffano

Post #4
CHAPTER TWO: STARTERS RECEIVED

Father, daughter, mentor, and Pokémon walked through the chrome hallway of the laboratory.

“Has Andrew been here yet?” Emma inquired.

“No he hasn’t,” the Professor responded, concerned. “He probably woke up late.”

Infernape snickered.

“Well, here we are,” Professor Oak said as they reached a large sliding door. “In the next room are the fourteen starters you can choose from. Before we proceed, I require you to hand me The Oath form you should have signed.”

Emma rummaged through her backpack which was cluttered with minimized items. All items had the special “minimize” option as one might minimize a window on the computer or as a Pokéball would minimize to make it more portable. This option had revolutionized the way trainers could travel as they wouldn’t have to lug heavy backpacks which could damage their backs.
However, minimizing objects made them much easier to steal and lose…

“Ah,” Emma sighed as she pulled out the paper. The Professor took it from her hands, examined the signature and opened the door.

With a <i>whoosh</i> the doors parted and there in the center of the barren room was a large table which sported fourteen Pokéballs. Under each ball was a nametag, indicating which Pokémon was inside the sphere.

“Do you know what Pokémon you’d like to start with, dear?”

“May I see the Pokémon before I choose?” Emma asked the Professor as she eyed three Pokéballs in particular.

“Of course! Which Pokémon would you like to meet?”

Emma paused to act as if she couldn’t decide, “Uhm, Charmander please?”

The Professor reached for a ball with a light flame engraving on it.

“Now, hold on Marissa,” Emma’s father said, “Emma, you should look at all three you want; it’ll make choosing much easier.”

Marissa Oak smiled, “And what would the other two be?”

Emma looked at her mentor. She wore the white lab coat, a black shirt and jeans underneath. The professor’s hair was a red burgundy cut short like Emma’s. The professor’s brown eyes twinkled with amusement as Emma added, “Torchic and Eevee.”

The Professor nodded and picked up two more Pokéballs and released the three Pokémon. They appeared in a white flash that materialized into the outlines of each.

<i>“Mander char!”</i>
<i>“Veeee!”</i>
<i>“Tor chic-chic!”</i>

The three starters cried out as they embodied in front of Emma. The fire lizard looked up at Emma with aqua eyes, curiosity twinkling. The orange creature with a yellow stomach stood on its two feet, arms over its stomach, tail burning brightly. The fire chick Pokémon shifted uneasily on its feet, nervous. Torchic’s onyx eyes wavered when Emma looked at the Pokémon, showing a lack of confidence. The three feathers on the top of its orange head were glossy, shining in the light. The last Pokémon, sitting with its brown tail with a creamy tip wrapped around it, sat with an extreme amount of confidence. It stared at Emma with the intensity of a thousand suns, willing for Emma to choose it as her starter. Its brown ears twitched slightly, followed by Andrew who burst through the doors.

“Sorry!” the teen panted. “Alarm…. didn’t… go off!”

The three Pokémon looked at the gasping boy, startled and amused. His burgundy hair was a mess; he most likely forgot to comb it this morning. Emma smiled, she was glad to see her peer finally show, and they both matched. Both wore a white long sleeved shirt on and a pair of dark jeans and sea blue backpacks.

“Hey Andy,” Emma called.

“’Sup Emma?” the boy smiled regaining his breath.

“Well, Andrew, since you’re late you’ll have to wait till Emma has chosen her Starter,” Professor Oak said as Andrew looked at the three Pokémon out.

Emma noticed his eyes linger on the proud Eevee and decided not to choose that Pokémon.

“Torchic, would you like to come with me?” Emma asked, leaning over to stay eye level with the Pokémon.

<i>“You want </i>me<i>?”</i> the Pokémon asked.
“Why not?”

Seeing as Emma made her choice, the Professor recalled the Charmander and Eevee.

“Mom, do I get to choose my starter now?” Andrew asked, relieved that Emma didn’t pick the Eevee.

“Would you like to meet any or do you know which starter you want?”

“I’d like the Eevee,” Andrew stated immedietly.

“Come with us, then, so we can register you two,” Emma’s dad said and led them to another room full of buzzing machinery. Emma and Andrew both held the Pokéballs their starters were in, cooing silently to the Pokémon inside.

In the room, Infernape leapt about, careful not to damage any equipment, irritating his trainer.

“Infernape will you stop?”
<i>“No!”</i> The monkey shrieked as he nearly collided into an expensive looking computer.

Matthew shook his head, “Emma, your License please.”

Emma pulled out her License from her backpack, and across the room Andrew had done the same. Her father took the card from her hands and slid it into one of the large machines. The computer hummed and the professor began to type in the missing data onto the card. The license slid back out the way it came, hot.

“Here you go, Pokémon Trainer,” Emma’s father smiled as he handed his daughter her License.

Pokémon Trainer: Emma Ketchum
DOB: 06/18/XX SOJ: 02/21/XX
Hometown: North Starlight
Starter Pokémon: Torchic

“Thanks Dad,” Emma gasped as she read the back of her completed License. At the bottom of it was a thick black line containing all of her data stated on the card.

“Congrats, kid, you’re starting your journey,” Matthew chuckled and ruffled his daughter’s hair.

“Not yet, Matt,” Professor Oak said, “She still needs her Pokédex and we have to give them the speech about their License, The Oath, and all.”

Matt scoffed, “I don’t see the point in telling them The Oath ‘and all’ seeing as they both know them by heart. The only thing we need to preach to them is about the License. No, the Pokémon League won’t be on our butts for skipping the harangue since they’ve had four years of that crammed into their brains.”

<i>“Hehe!”</i> Infernape shrieked, <i>“Matthew Ketchum ran out with his Pokédex and skipped the preaching!”</i>

Emma’s father’s face turned a bright shade of red.

“Emma, don’t be surprised if you come home and Infernape’s dead,” Professor Oak chuckled.

Infernape jumped around, harassing his trainer who seemed to be enjoying himself when the sliding door opened with a <i>whoosh!</i> Immediately the ape stopped, and all turned to see who had walked in.

<i>“Torterra!”</i> the Pokémon cried as he ambled in, two Starter Kits in each vine.

“There you are, Torterra,” Professor Oak greeted and took the two bags out of the Pokémon’s “hands”.

<i>“Greetings,”</i> the continent Pokémon growled at Infernape, ignoring the others, <i>“I see you’re just as much of a nuisance as when I last saw you.”</i>

Professor Ketchum chuckled silently, “The two never were fond of each other.”

“Don’t mind the two, children,” Professor Oak laughed, “Here are your Starter Kits. Inside them is your Pokédex, five Pokéballs, a Potion, and a can of Pokémon Starter food.”

“Thanks,” the two teens said simultaneously as they took the bags. They took out their Pokédexes. Emma had a black traditional Kanto Pokédex, large and thin which opened up to three screens. Andrew received an orange Hoenn Pokédex.

“You know these Pokédexes are randomly put in the kits, but if you don’t like your Pokédex you can exchange them now.”

“It’s fine,” Emma smiled, content with her Pokédex.

“Yeah, I’m fine with my Pokédex, Mom,” Andrew nodded.

Emma opened her Pokédex and began the quick process of registering. She had to scan her License and put in some random bits of information about herself.

“Hey, Dad, Professor,” Emma began, “Can we have a two-on-two battle?”

Tiffano

Post #5
CHAPTER THREE: FIRST BATTLE

“Say what, now?” Andrew gasped as he finished registering his Pokédex.

“Emma, you wouldn’t last against—“

“No, Dad and I against Professor Oak and Andrew,” Emma explained patiently.

<i>“Yes, yes!”</i> Infernape howled after an intense stare down against Torterra.

<i>“That would be most enjoyable,”</i> Torterra rumbled.

“Well, Dad?” Emma pleaded.

“You’re on,” Professor Oak smiled, answering for all.

The trainers and Pokémon walked out across the Route 415 onto a nice flat patch of land. The sun was hanging over the horizon, the sky still a very light pink. Poofy white clouds scattered across the sky and a light wind blew: Perfect weather to begin a journey… or to have your first battle.

“Emma, since you challenged us you can lay out the rules,” Professor Oak called from across the field.

“Freestyle; no restrictions; First team to have both Pokémon fainted loses,” Emma shouted.

Infernape jumped around, excitement coursing through the Pokémon’s fiery veins. Torterra stood there, humble as ever, eyeing Infernape with annoyed amusement.

<i>Father and daughter vs. Mother and son,</i> Emma thought with a smile.

“Torchic go!” Emma shouted as she threw out her starter’s Pokéball.

“Eevee battle formation!” Andrew yelled and threw his starter out.

The Pokéballs opened and out came the starters in a flash of white light.

<i>“Battle so soon?”</i> Torchic chirped

The four Pokémon eyed each other, awaiting the commands from their Trainers.

“Infernape, keep watch of Torchic,” Matthew commanded calmly.

Emma’s heart pounded as her mind flashed through a few strategies; she had no idea how her father battled. And with only two moves her Torchic knew, she was at a disadvantage with Torterra and would have to rely on her nervous Torchic’s skill.

“Eevee, onto Torterra!” Andrew ordered which the Eevee gracefully obeyed, landing neatly on the Torterra’s back.

“Torterra shake the earth up with Earthquake!” Marissa ordered.

“Infernape get in front of Torchic and Protect!”

The continental Pokémon reared up on its hind legs and came crashing down on its front, sending waves of earth at the two fire-types. The Eevee was unharmed, standing on the Torterra. Infernape stretched its paws out to the sky and a purple dome covered both ape and chick. The Earthquake battered around them, but the barrier stood; the dome disappeared along with the Earthquake and the Pokémon prepared to attack.

“Infernape heat things up with Heat Wave!”

Emma shook her head.

“Protect yourselves with Earth Power!”

“Eevee use Helping Hand!” Andrew commanded.

“Torchic… use Growl?” Emma said indecisively.

“Emma, you need to be confident in your orders,” Matthew commented as he watched Infernape.

The fire ape had pulled out an enormous wave of heat in his paws which he redirected at the opposing side. The grass was scorched; incinerated by the intense heat. Torterra responded quickly, pulling up a wall of earth and expelling it to its opponents. Heat and earth crashed mightily at the center of the field with a deafening <i>crack!</i>

The newbie trainer watched the battle intensely, wondering how to strike. The wall of heat was retreating; the extra boost Eevee provided gave enough force to the wall of earth to push back the Heat Wave.

“Torchic jump over the wall and Scratch Eevee!” Emma commanded.

“Chic!”

The bird ran in the heat, unaffected and leapt over the wall with ease, landing on the other side. Emma bit her lip; she couldn’t see what went on the other side.

“Infernape Brick Break!” Professor Ketchum barked.

The blaze Pokémon charged, fists glowing a dark orange and struck the wall of earth, shattering the barrier. The momentum the Pokémon had continued and allowed him to strike once more, this time at the Torterra.

Eevee and Torchic were in their own intense battle, Torchic Scratching its little heart out and Eevee Tackling the chick.

Torterra let out a roar of anger as Infernape’s fist made contact with the Pokémon’s head.

“Flare Blitz Infernape!”

“Rock Tomb!” Marissa Oak cried.

“Torchic!” Emma gasped.

Torchic began to glow a fiery red; Blaze was in effect. Its eyes burned brightly; all traces of nervous fear gone.

“Torchic, EMBER!”

“Eevee dodge and use Tackle!”

Infernape was encloaked in a blaze of fire and was literally flying towards the Torterra. Large chunks of rocks rose above and around the grass-and-ground-type Pokémon that flew at the oncoming attacker. The large chunks of rock shattered in a loud collision as the monkey blasted through, but most of the fire was gone now. Torchic inhaled deeply, its chest filling up with lots of air. From its tiny beak came a small wave of fire aimed perfectly at the Eevee. The Eevee stood, stunned for a moment and leapt a moment too late—the Ember made its mark, knocking the Pokémon unconscious.

“Eevee!” Andrew cried out, exasperated.

“Infernape Close Combat, now!”

“Torterra Stone Edge!”

Large sheets of rock shot out from the already dented earth, crashing into the oncoming Infernape.

<i>“Infaaa!”</i> the Pokémon cried and fell.

Torchic glowered at the enormous continent Pokémon; its Blaze gave the Pokémon an added confidence.

“Torchic, return,” Emma ordered; she knew this was a battle they couldn’t win.

<i>“Wise child you mentored, Marissa,”</i> Torterra sighed.

“You alright Infernape?” Matthew Ketchum called as he ran up to his first Pokémon.

<i>“Fine as I’ll ever be! Damn Torterra got stronger,”</i> Infernape chuckled, standing.

<i>“Or maybe you got weaker, Infernape.”</i>

The monkey growled, <i>“Any time, any where I will beat you!”</i>

<i>“And what about now?”</i>

<i>“This doesn’t count!”</i>

Everyone laughed.

“Good battle, Emma,” Andrew said as he held his Eevee.

“You too,” Emma smiled.

“You got your father’s blood,” Matthew chuckled and playfully punched Emma in the shoulder.

“Tor chic-chic!” the little fire-type clucked.

“Yes Torchic?” Professor Oak said as she pet her Torterra.
<i>“I’m hungry!”</i>
Everyone laughed and walked back into the lab.

<i>
“Lord, Mewtwo’s memories are being extracted as we speak. The information you request should be in our hands within an hour,” a grunt saluted.

“Excellent,” the leader of Team Chaos replied, “Be sure that Mewtwo is to stay alive. I wouldn’t want our guest to pass away.”

“Yes sir!” The black man ran off, blood-red scarf flapping behind him.

So far, everything fell into place; the capture of Mewtwo, the extraction… everything. Within a few days Operation Darkness would be able to begin; the day that Team Chaos would revolutionize the Pokémon World is in almost within grasp.
</i>

Tiffano

Post #6
CHAPTER FOUR: SKINNED

Full and content Andrew and Emma walked into Starlight City, sun directly overhead. Emma was looking at her new Pokédex which projected a holographic map of Mynoh.

“Say, Andy, where you gonna go after this gym battle?” Emma asked as she looked at the many routes which lead to seven other gyms around Mynoh.

“Depends if I can manage to catch a water-type,” Andrew laughed. “Speaking of which, I’d like to stop by the Poke´Mart to get Eevee some food and stuff.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that… Damn it. Andy, do you happen to know how to work the DMT? It just gave me the whole view of the galaxy we’re in.”

Andrew chuckled, “Instead of trying to expand the place you’re trying to see, minimize it. Although, now that you’re stuck in our galaxy, I don’t see how you’ll be able to find—oh! You got it.”

Emma blushed slightly, and pretended to look at “authentic Trainer clothes” in one of the passing stores. Her peer didn’t seem to notice her discomfort, he just kept chattering away about the DMT:

“Okay, we’re at the center of the map,” Andrew pointed out, “and the Poke´Mart will always be marked blue on the map; the Pokémon Center marked red.” Once more he pointed at each location. “So, we just walk down this block, make a left and the Poke´Mart should be within view… That big black blob is the gym.”

The duo walked briskly through the crowd, ignoring all the windows which flashed items for sale. In no time at all they reached the neon lit building and eagerly walked in, the cool air wishing them welcome. A loud ping indicated their entrance and a merchant greeted them.

“Hello there! You must be new trainers from the looks of your clean Pokédex! Could I offer you some Max Repel? Or maybe some Premium Pokémon Food?”

“Uhm, no thanks,” Emma replied politely, “We know what need to get, thank you.”

Immediately Andrew made a sharp turn to the right; he knew what he needed and where to find it. Emma, however, just stood there, looking at the rows of aisles containing numerous Pokémon goods.

“Excuse me, miss, you’re letting the AC out,” the merchant stated, motioning to the open sliding doors.

“Oh, sorry,” Emma said, blushing, “Are Pokémon allowed out of their Pokéballs?”

“Yes they are miss, but only if they won’t wreak havoc in the store.”

Emma nodded and let her Torchic out.

<i>“Whoa. Where are we?”</i>

“Poke´Mart, Torchic, the place where we get food, Pokéballs, TM’s and HM’s, stuff like that,” Emma explained as they walked down an aisle containing numerous brands of Pokémon food. “Do you know what kind of food you like, Torchic?”

<i>“Not really; I just eat whatever the Professor gave me.”</i>

Emma nodded, “Alright then, I guess we’ll just have to pick some that at least sound good and try them out later on.”

The fire chick clucked around, looking at the cans of food at his eye level. “Hey, here’s one with a Blaziken on it.”

Torchic’s trainer looked over and picked up the can; indeed there was a Blaziken on the can eating a bowl of “Poké Bits.” The trainer skimmed through the ingredients and nutritional value; all great for Torchics, Combuskens, and Blaziken.

“Well, it has nutrients that Torchics need. Does the food look appealing to you Torchic? Torchic?” Emma looked around; the Pokémon had vanished. “Torchic?!”

“Chic-chic!” the Pokémon called from behind her with a basket in its beak.

His trainer smiled, “Thank you, Torchic.”

<i>“You should get some regular food; we don’t know what other Pokémon will be joining us, Emma.”</i>

The basket became heavy with cans of Pokémon food.

“Hey, Torchic, would it bother you if I got some TM’s for you?”

<i>“Is there reason that I should need them?”</i>

“It’s just that during the battle earlier today, you—we-– couldn’t do much to aid Infernape since you only knew two… now three moves. Plus, it’ll be great to have an arsenal of attacks for upcoming battles.”

<i>“As long as it doesn’t hurt.”</i>

Emma grimaced, “I can’t guarantee it won’t hurt, Torchic.”

Fear flashed through the Pokémon’s eyes; its nervousness had returned.

“Torchic, it can’t be that bad. Think of it this way, if we didn’t have the TM’s with just three attacks to use, you most likely will get hurt whereas if you had some extra attacks we could use, you wouldn’t be as damaged as that. In the long run, I bet these TMs will come in handy.”

The chick nodded although a slight trace of fear never left its onyx eyes.

<i> “What about this package?” </i> the chick clucked.

Emma laughed, “Those moves… useless. They’re all just random fire-type moves put in…”

To the right of the wall of TM’s was an equally large wall for packages containing numerous combinations of TM’s “essential for every Pokémon”. To the left was a small strip of wall dedicated to the 10 HMs. In Mynoh “Whirlpool” and “Dive” is considered an HM as the seas surrounding the continent contain numerous whirlpools.

“Ah, here we go,” Emma said to herself as she pulled out a few disks and placed them inside the basket. Torchic’s eyes widened in fear at the large stack making her trainer laugh. “Don’t worry, they’re mostly HMs for future use; I don’t want to come back just to get a single disk… Only three are for you.”

The chick clucked discontently and followed his trainer to the cashier.

“Good evening ma’am,” the merchant greeted warmly.

“Good evening,” Emma replied with a smile as the merchant began scanning the contents of the basket.

“And how will you be paying?”

“License… license…” the teen muttered as she searched through her pockets. “Here you go!”

The merchant quickly slid the card through a compact machine designed for such payments. Not only did the trainer’s License contain their information, but it worked as a credit card and drew money out of the bank where parents send funds in monthly. Emma had no worries of over spending; her father put money in her bank account almost every week since she was born.

“Here you go, miss, and have a nice day!”

Emma nodded and flashed a smile, grabbed the paper bag filled with the minimized Poke´ food and disks, and walked out into the hot Starlight City air. To the left were Andrew and Eevee, in a mock argument.

<i> “I say we sleep out tonight; I want to train all day!” </i>

“Well, I think we should relax on our first day.”

<i> “Relax!? There is never time to ‘relax’! We must be ready for the gy- Hello, Torchic.” </i>

Andrew smiled sheepishly, “Say, where are <i>you</i> going to spend the night?”

“I don’t know,” Emma responded as she and Torchic walked over to the two, “Pro’lly out of the city; this place is filthy.”

Andrew shook his head as Eevee grinned triumphantly. <i> “Even Emma would like to stay outside, Andrew!” </i>

“Whatever, we’ll spend the night out of the city <i>tonight. </i> Tomorrow we’re sleeping in the Pokémon Center.”

Emma chuckled at the two; they were obviously bonding: Eevee looked at Andrew as if he was a long lost friend and Andrew’s eyes glowed with such love for the Pokémon… they were meant to be. Torchic chirped loudly, startling Emma.

<i> “Emma, you forgot to get a belt!” </i>

“Oh, hey, I did,” Emma noted as she saw the shiny leather belt around Andrew’s waist. Already he had put in the six Pokéballs and Pokédex in their rightful spots.

“I saw a store near the outer part of the city that sells Trainer Belts,” Andrew said, “Why don’t we check it out?”

<i> “Wouldn’t it be easier to just walk back into the store…?”</i> Eevee asked, tilting his brown head.

Andrew shrugged and muttered something incoherent.

“Eh, I’d like to check out a store ‘round here; let’s go!” Emma exclaimed, “Which way?”
Pokémon walking alongside them, the two trainers walked through the tall buildings, this time looking at the numerous items advertized against the many windows. The buildings began to thin out; they were nearing the edge of the city. The horizon could almost be seen; a large parked van blocked the view.

“Lame,” Andrew cried out; he was hoping to see the laboratory from inside the city. “Well, the store’s right here… <i>Pokémon Equipment</i>…”

Emma looked up at the large neon lights flickering the store’s name. There weren’t any windows for the store, just a large red wooden door. Without hesitation, the young teens walked in and were amazed at the numerous goods for sale.

“’Ello guests!” boomed a large man coming in from the back of the store, “We’come to da Pokémon Equipment store. Jus’ don’ try to steal anyt’ing, go’ it?” The man was barrel chested, had long curly hair, a large butchering knife in one hand, and a dull stone in his other.

To the far left of the store were the Trainer belts. Emma looked at Andrew who was busy staring at a pair of leather jeans. Torchic clucked quietly, his fear rekindled by the many Pokémon suits and accessories for dressing up Pokémon. Without bothering to look at the other merchandise, Emma strode to the belts and began searching for one that would fit her Pokédex.

In the middle of the colorful assortment was an extremely glossy and smooth belt designed for the Kanto Pokédex. The trainer pulled it off the rack and gasped at its smoothness.

“It’s so soft and smooth!” Emma sighed as she rubbed the belt against her skin.

“Ah, you have good taste,” the store owner said while he sharpened his knife. “Dragonair skin, ya know. Very expensive, ye’ see, since they so hard to catch.”

“Wait, this is <i>real</i>, genuine, Dragonair <i>skin</i>?!”

“Why, o’ course, miss! All t’e merchandize is how you say, ‘genuine’ Pokémon skin.”

The blood drained from all of Emma’s body; this man had broken the highest Pokémon law. Torchic began to chirp loudly, and slowly, Emma turned to look at her Pokémon. The bird was staring, wide-eyed with extreme fear, at an exact replica of him; only, the Torchic staring back was <i>stuffed</i>.

“Real Torchi’ feather, that one is. Not too costly; there is fair’y many o’ them.”

“Andrew,” Emma croaked, “Torchic…”

Andrew stood, ash-faced with horror, Eevee held tightly in his arms.

“Oi! No worryin’, you two,” the man chuckled, “I won’ take yer Pokémon!”

Emma recalled her starter and walked as quickly as she could out of the store.

Tiffano

Post #7
CHAPTER FIVE: FIRED UP

“I hope Shaide [NOTE: Some legendary I have yet to draw o_O] comes and destroys that place!” Andrew growled as he slammed the door behind him.

<i>“Pokémon skin!”</i> Emma whispered and began to tremble violently. “I never want to touch another belt in my life.”

“Let’s go, Emma,” Andrew said, “before the guy gets second thoughts.”

<i>“Hurry,”</i> Eevee mewed quietly.

The trio nearly ran down the street and out of the city, quickly and desperatly putting distance between them and the store.

“I’m sorry Emma, Eevee!” Andrew gasped once they were out of the city and knee deep in grass, “It’s my fault we went in there.”

“It’s… fine, Andy,” Emma muttered as she drew deep breaths to calm herself, “you didn’t know.”

The trainers sat in silence, contemplating.

“Emma, how are you doin’?” the teen asked to break the long silence.

“I won’t be the same,” she replied quietly and then brightly added, “but other than that, just dandy.”

<i>“You’re a strong one,”</i> Eevee whispered.

“Indeed she is,” his trainer agreed. “Listen, Emma, I’m sorry that we had to go in—no let me talk. I’m sorry that I took us in there, and I know this is a bad time for you, but I think we should part ways right now.” He shook his head slowly, as if trying to let the Eevee scarf slide out of his mind. “I need… We need to get ready for our first gym badge. But, we can meet up again later tonight and camp out…”

“Why?” Emma whimpered.

“I can stay here if you—“

“No! Why do they do that!?” Emma cried.

Her peer merely shook his head once more, “I don’t know.”

“Damn it, Andrew! Damn those poachers! I swear I will stop that insanity. I swear to you and to all of the Pokémon kind. I swear it!” Emma yelled, tears in her eyes.

<i>“Thank you,”</i> Eevee murmured.

“Andrew, meet me on the other side of the city, at the edge of Moontide.”

The teen nodded and walked away, the brown Pokémon walking gracefully alongside him.

“Come on out, Torchic!” Emma shouted as she threw her starter’s Pokéball into the air. The orb split and Torchic materialized in a bright white light.

“Torchic-chic,” the flame Pokémon clucked and checked his surroundings. They were alongside the Kihaile River in a swampy marsh. The sun glared harshly and the air was extremely humid; flies buzzed around and Emma swore she had ten new mosquito bites. Here, the river was flowing smoothly and gently; there was no white water, and it was safe enough to swim in. The water was clear; you could see Pokémon swimming along the leafy bottom. To the south was Starlight City, only a few miles away. Not so far from the city was a thick expanse of trees stretching across the horizon; the Moontide Forest.

“Alright, since the Starlight gym is Normal-typed, I think we should get you to evolve into a Combusken.”

<i>“Evolution so soon?”</i>

“That’s the only way.”

<i>“What about those TM’s you got?”</i>

“Oh, I forgot about those…”

After a quick rummage through her pack, the trainer pulled out four glittering disks.

<i>“I thought you said </i>three<i> were for me!”</i> Torchic cried.

“I was only talking about the TM’s; you never asked about the HM,” Emma replied.

While the chick was busy clucking scolding’s at his trainer, Emma placed one of the disks upon the chick’s forehead. The TM and Torchic glowed and then the two became one.

“How does that feel?”

<i>“I feel smarter now,”</i> the chick replied, <i>“Plus, it didn’t even hurt!”</i>

His trainer laughed and pressed the rest of the disks upon her Pokémon’s head.

<i>“Okay,”</i> the Pokémon chirped after the last move had been learned, <i>“What did I just learn?”</i>

“Aerial Ace, Dig, Protect, and Rock Smash,” Emma listed, “But we won’t work on those moves till tomorrow; today I want to work on your Ember.”

“We’re not going to get any other Pokémon today?”

“No, the Pokémon swimming here aren’t the ones I’d like; they’re on the other side of Mynoh, near the west shoreline.

“Alright, Torchic, see that rock in the middle of the marsh? Blast it with Ember!”

The chick turned automatically, spotted the large tooth-like rock and released a jet of flames from its beak.

“Keep the Ember coming, Torchic; let’s see how long you can keep it coming.”

The air grew extremely hot, making Emma want to go swim in the river. But she didn’t; she must train with Torchic. Slowly the flames began to dissipate, and then nothing; Torchic stopped, breathing heavily.

“Good job, Torchic!” Emma applauded. “You can take a break, you look exhausted.”

Torchic shook his head violently and began breathing fire at the rock again.

“Torchic, Flamethrower!” Emma shouted, pointing at the onyx-black rock.

The chick inhaled deeply and exhaled a torrent of flames, engulfing the boulder. His trainer began counting mentally, mouthing the numbers silently. The thick flames began to thin out; Torchic was tiring.

<i>“Time?”</i> the Pokémon asked, breathing heavily.

“Three minutes, twenty-eight seconds,” the teen reported dutifully. “You’re getting better. Although, I doubt we’d ever need to use an attack this long; it tires you out.”

<i>“But then again, the opponent would be scorched!”</i> Torchic chirped.

Trainer and Pokémon looked each other in the eye; Emma noticed that the timidness in her Pokémon’s eye was beginning to fade: Torchic was gaining confidence with every passing minute. <i>Together</i> she thought <i>we will become the best.</i>

“Hey, Torchic, the sun’s setting; let’s go meet Andrew.”

<i>“Aww, can’t I get one more time?”</i>

Emma laughed as they both walked into the sunset.

<i>
“Lord, where are we going?”

The dark figure turned, blood-red scarf flapping in the wind, “To Mynoh; none of my foolish rivals inhabit those lands.”

“There’s something else,” the woman persisted, “something else you aren’t telling me.”

“You know me so well, Zin,” he sighed. “I would also like to see the mysterious ‘Shaide.’ Legend has it that Shaide’s shadows are capable of enhancing Pokémon abilities, as well as striking Pokémon with mysterious ailments. I would like to understand more of Shaide.”

Zin nodded, “Shaide would be a wonderful addition in our army… Mewtwo is still alive, just hardly as you requested. Our scientists are closely monitoring him; all is well.”

And with that, Zin left the room, leaving the man.
</i>

Sands Buisle

Post #8
When did torchick learn Flame Thrower?

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

twiggylover

Post #9
Thats really a bit too soon. I mean, I make a story too, and my characters learn strong mvoes quickly, but a torchic knowing flame thrower so fast?!?!
After all, it should be expensive to get the Tm, unlike the pokemon games.

Torterra will save us!

…We're doomed if turtwig wont take the job….

Tiffano

Post #10
That whole training session with the rock was basically strengthening Torchic's Ember which then turned into Flamethrower….

But now that you say it, It is kinda too soon o_O;;

twiggylover

Post #11
defintily it IS.

Would you care to take a look on my story?
Called:

Pokemon mystery dungeon, teameat.

Should be:
Pokemon mystery dungeon, TeamEat!
Wihch sounds like team it.

Torterra will save us!

…We're doomed if turtwig wont take the job….

Tiffano

Post #12
CHAPTER SIX: NEW FRIEND AND OLD COLLIDE

“There you are, Emma!” Andrew said as he poked at a large pile of wood.

“Am I late?” she responded, Torchic in her arms.

A wall of trees faced her; they were at the edge of the Moontide Forest. The sun had just fallen below the horizon; the moon was beginning to rise. A cool breeze chilled Emma who was grateful for the extremely warm Pokémon in her arms.
Andrew had made camp underneath a large oak tree, typical of him; they were his favorite trees.

“An oak tree, Mr. Oak,” Emma joked, “why not a hazel tree or somethin’?”

“Because I like oak trees, okay?” Andrew smiled and shivered.

“Where’s the fire?”

<i>“Master Andrew couldn’t start one! Forgot his matches and couldn’t figure out how to get the flint working…”</i< said Eevee who had leapt off the tree.

The oak was a little lone island, surrounding it for a good fifty yards all around. Andrew was sitting by the soon-to-be fire, and his pack was at the base of the tree. Eevee was sitting royally next to his trainer, watching Emma and Torchic’s every move.

“I got the wood, didn’t I?” Andrew replied sheepishly.

Emma snickered silently, and put Torchic on the ground. The chick ran over to the wood and started the fire.

“Ah, I can feel my arms again!”

“Why didn’t you put on a jacket, Andy?” Emma sighed as she sat next to him.

“It wasn’t that cold,” Andrew muttered.

<i>“Don’t believe a word he says. He was shivering his ass off before you got here,”</i> Eevee mewed.

Emma chuckled, “Who’s cookin’?”

“Can’t; never learned how,” Andrew sighed. “I swear I’m going to starve on this journey.”

<i>“Ugh; that means I’m starving too!”</i> Eevee cried.
<i>“Emma, you can cook, right!?”</i> Torchic chirped.

“Who do you think cooked back at home?” Emma asked rhetorically and began making the night’s meal.

<i>
Help…
Emma’s head began to throb heavily; she could feel the blood pulsing through her skull.
Help… Please…
The voice echoed inside her head, amplifying and fading at the same time.
Please…
The voice faded but the throbbing consisted for the rest of the trainer’s sleep.
</i>

“Ouch,” Emma grunted as she rubbed the back of her head. The air was cool and damp; the sun had just risen. Moontide seemed to dance with fire with the morning sky, and already Pokémon were chirping and crying as they began their day. “Damn headache.”

<i>Help me.</i>

The same voice in her dreams reappeared, clearly and loudly inside her head. And then the throbbing ceased; her headache lifted.

“The hell?” the trainer muttered, still rubbing her head. “Only my imagination…”

“Gah!” Andrew cried out and woke with a start.
Emma glanced at her comrade who slept only a few feet from her in a black sleeping bag. The fire had died out hours into the night, and the dishes needed to be done; they were in a pile at Emma’s feet.

Pretending to not notice her peer’s outcry, she pulled herself out of the warm sleeping bag.

“It’s cold,” Emma whined, watching Andrew carefully.
“Say, Emma, do you mind making breakfast too?”

“As long as you clean the plates, Andrew… How do you intend on eating while you’re walking from town to town?”

“That is a very good question.”

“Do I get a very good answer?”

“I doubt that,” Andrew chuckled. “Maybe I’ll eat Pokémon food. It doesn’t look that bad.”

“You just want to see if when you start eating the Charizard food you’ll be able to breathe fire.”

“You know me so well, Emma.”

“Hey, Torchic,” Emma said as the two meandered through Moontide Forest, “I’m thinking we should battle the gym tomorrow, I don’t want to spend too much time here.”

<i>“I was thinking the same thing, only, we can’t really do much with just me,”</i> the chick clucked without looking at his trainer.

“I know… I hope we find something.” She stopped walking and looked up at the numerous tree branches above her. A Pidgey was busy cleaning its feathers, unaware of another bird eyeing it hungrily. With a large screech, a great golden falcon dove and snapped the Pidgey in its talons, killing the little bird instantly.

Without thinking Emma commanded, “Flamethrower, Torchic!”

An enormous wave of flames flew from Emma’s left, and she was sure her eyebrow wasn’t as thick as before. The hit was dead-on; the falcon was severely burned.

“Be ready to attack Torchic, the Voltchik looks pissed.”

Indeed the Pokémon was angry; it forgot about its morning meal and greeted the attacks were an ear shattering screech. As the bird was gliding down, Emma saw the large lightning-strike design upon the bird’s left wing, indicating the Pokémon was male. He landed on large raptorial feet, dark talons digging into the earth for a steady landing. The Voltchik’s right eye was at the center of five black triangles, forming a star with some imagination.

“Dang, it’s a big one!” Emma breathed. Most Voltchiks were the same size as any Pidgey, but this one was a little over a foot tall. “Torchic, quick, Dig!”

Immediately the chick began to burrow a large hole in the ground. The Voltchik had suddenly attacked without any warning, and narrowly missed the fire-type. He took off into the air, circling over the hole, watching it carefuly.

“Come back up and use Flamethrower!”

Torchic flew out completely wrapped in flames and rammed into the Voltchik. The falcon Screeched, making Emma jam her palms upon her ear in an attempt to block the racket. Her Starter wasn’t better off; he was completely immobilized by the noise. As Torchic was regaining his bearings, the offender let out a wave of electricity, paralyzing the chick.

“No!” Emma cried out. “Torchic, Flamethrower again!”

Static sparked around the Pokémon’s body as he tried to land a successful attack. The Voltchik began to circle from above, ready to evade.

Suddenly it dove, beak gleaming a bright white and began to Peck the fire-type.

“Torchic, FLAMETHROWER NOW!”

The chick inhaled deeply, and a new fresh wave of static jumped around his red body. But this time, a large blast of fire flew out, damaging the Voltchik massively.

As the bird laid stunned, feathers missing in several patches of his body, Emma rummaged around in her pockets, threw out a Pokéball and shouted, “Pokéball go!”

The sphere made its mark perfectly and enveloped the Pokémon in red light. Once the Pokémon was completely absorbed, the orb began to rock back and forth slowly. Trainer and Pokémon leaned in, suspense building as the ball continued to rock. Suddenly there was a loud ping; the Voltchik had been caught.

“We did it Torchic, we caught our first Pokémon!” Emma cheered.

<i>“Heh, that was fun, can’t wait to battle some more.”</i>

Emma picked up the Pokéball and pulled out her Pokédex and registered the Pokémon.

Voltchik Male Level: 8
Type: Electric/Flying Species: Electric Falcon
Voltchik are often solitary Pokémon, only coming in large groups before a thunderstorm.
Moves Known: Peck, Sand Attack, Thunderwave

“Level eight… We’ll have to bring the level up so it’s around Torchic’s,” Emma said to herself while she examined her newly acquired Pokémon’s statistics.

<i>“Emma, are you going to heal the Voltchik’s wounds?”</i> Torchic asked, snapping Emma from her thoughts.

“Oh yeah.”

She pulled out a Potion with a black “5” printed on its head, showing that she had five complete sprays before it ran out.

“Come out, Voltchik!” Emma shouted as she threw the falcon’s Pokéball in the air. A white beam of light flew out which quickly materialized into the Voltchik. Many of its feathers were burnt; the Pokémon was still smoking from the Flamethrower.

<i>“Salutations, Trainer and Pokémon,”</i> the bird cawed as it landed before the two, <i>“I happened to have been eating a meal before I was so rudely interrupted. May I return to my meal?”</i>

“Let me heal your wounds before you eat… Don’t worry; Torchic will make sure no one takes it. Yes you will, Torchic,” Emma added as she saw the expression upon her Pokémon’s face.

<i>“Please hurry, I haven’t eaten since the morning before.”</i>

Emma giggled slightly and began to tend to the wounds of her Pokémon.

<i>“Emma, it’s all burnt!”</i> Torchic cried.

<i>“Burnt…? Is there anything edible…?”</i>

<i>“It’s a hunk of charcoal, if that’s edible.”</i>

“It’s a miracle that you made it up the branch so quickly,” Emma replied, looking up at the fire-type on the high branch with the Pidgey. Voltchik took off, not caring if he was still hurt, and landed neatly next to Torchic.Immediately the two were cooing and clucking in their native Pokémon language as if they were long lost friends.

“Your Torchic has hacks.”

“Hello?” Emma called to the unknown voice.

“Over here,” the voice responded from above her.

The trainer looked up, and sure enough, higher in the trees was a human-shaped figure. Torchic chirped loudly, startled that the person could have suddenly appeared from above. The person leapt off the branch gracefully and landed somewhat neatly a few feet from Emma.

“The name’s Zachariah, ‘Z’ for short,” the Zachariah said as he brushed himself down.

Emma struggled to suppress the urge to laugh; Zachariah’s clothing was so hideously hilarious. He had some sort of eye piece upon his right eye, a black cape, neon green hair, orange jeans, and an aqua blue shirt. In his hands was some sort of Pokédex, although it looked more like a gaming module. The eye piece was rectangular and had an antenna sticking out of the frame. The lens flashed a few times, and Emma could’ve sworn she saw words run across the eye piece.

Zachariah raised an eyebrow and said, “Is there something on me that should cause you to make such a face?”

“No, no,” Emma breathed quickly, “It’s… uh, just your… glasses.”

“Oh, this thing? Hah! You’ll rue the day you made fun of these,” the boy smiled. “Father made it to help my vision and Pokémon training, although I don’t think I need it much, since he also modified and personalized my Pokédex. It can play games and give me statistics of all the Pokémon, as well as telling me what moves I should use to counteract another’s in a battle. It’s simply amazing.”

“I’m sure it is,” Emma said, returning his smile. “My name’s Emma, and that’s Torchic and Voltchik.”

“I see. Emma, how many regions have you been in? You look old… Er, I mean like, seasoned old, not old, old.”

“I’ve been to all five, but as a Pokémon Trainer, only one.”

“One!? You look like you’re fourteen or something!”

“I am fourteen, just started my journey… yesterday.”

“The hell, man? Fourteen and starting… Were you like, retained… Wait, did you say Emma?”

The girl nodded, smiling as she understood the train of thought Zachariah was heading for.

“Emma… Emma Ketchum?!”

“I’m the one.”

<i>“Look at his face, it’s turning all red!”</i> Torchic cried from above.

<i>“Indeed. It goes well with what he wears though. Reminds me of the Great Ho-Oh,”</i> Voltchik clucked.

Emma burst out laughing and struggled to say between gasps, “I’m… sorry!”

Strangely enough, Emma found that Zachariah was laughing too, although not as hard as she was. After a few minutes, Emma finally managed to regain her composure. Almost immediately, Zachariah had also stopped laughing, sober once more.

“Z, eh? Why not Zack or something?” Emma said.

“Zack… the name reminds me of ‘ack’ which leads me to thinking of barf. Z on the other hand, sounds so much cooler. Plus, it’s short and simple, so you don’t have to go yelling out ‘Zachariah!’ if you need help.”

“Of course.”

“I’m glad you see my drift,” Z smiled.

“How many regions have you been to?”

“I haven’t left Mynoh. Only, I’m not a noob like you.”

“Is that some sort of insult?”

<i>“Noob… Torchic, what does that word mean?”</i> Voltchik asked, scratching his head in thought.

<i>“I was hoping you would know, Voltchik,”</i> Torchic clucked in reply.

“Noob is game term for ‘newbie’ only it’s more… insulting,” Z said, muttering the end.

“So you were insulting me!” Emma cried.

“Are you going to do anything about it?”

“Nope, I’m not easily offended… although, I’d like a Pokémon battle with you.”

Z raised an eyebrow, “A Pokémon battle? Sounds fun. Three-on-three?”

“Oy, I only have two Pokémon…” Emma sighed.

“Two Pokémon…? Alright then, singles?”

“Why not a two-on-two?” Torchic chirped.

“Two-on-two would most likely result in—“

“Hoenn style, two Pokémon per side fighting simultaneously,” Emma explained. “And you called <i>me</i> a noob!”

“Psh, me a noob!? In your noobish dreams! I guess that way works too. We battling here?”

“Where else, Sherlock? Torchic, Voltchik, come on down here,” Emma called.

With Torchic on Voltchik’s back, the two flew down to Emma’s right. Z had taken a few steps back, eyeing the distance for a standard battle field. As he was walking backwards, he nearly fell over his cape, causing Emma to snicker. Z’s face became red once more, and Emma realized he sort of did look like a human Ho-Oh.

Z checked his surroundings and pulled out two Pokéballs, shouting, “Go Tank! Get ‘em GM!” The two Pokéballs flew into the air and split, two white streams of light coming out.

<i>“Munch laaax!”</i> cried one of the materializing Pokémon.

<i>“Gro VYLE!”</i> shrieked the other.

Emma pulled out her Pokédex and registered the two Pokémon.

Grovyle, the Wood Gecko Pokémon, its strongly developed muscles allow it to leap from branch to branch with speed and ease.

Munchlax, the Big Eater Pokémon, it hides stolen food underneath its long body hair, only to forget about the meals during its periodic hunger rampages.

“Get ready, guys,” Emma said quietly to her Pokémon.

“Defense Curl, Tank!” Z yelled as he extended the antenna on his glasses. “GM, Mud Slap Target One!”

“Torchic, onto Voltchik and into the air!” Emma cried.

Munchlax was busy forcing itself into a round sphere and began to glow profoundly, as if it were evolving. Grovyle began kicking up large amounts of dirt, but ended up missing “Target One” as the two took to the air.

“Flamethrower!”

Torchic leapt off the Voltchik and released a large blast of flames. With amazing speed, Munchlax flew in front of the Grovyle and took the attack. When the flames dissipated, Munchlax didn’t seem to have sustained any sort of injuries; his fur was still long and only the ends were singed. The fire-type landed in front of Emma and Voltchik flew overhead, shrieking.
“Tank use Metronome! GM hack the bird with Fury Cutter!”

“Torchic, Flamethrower once more! Voltchik dodge the attack and use Peck!”

Tank held up his two paws and began to move them back and forth rhythmatically, glowing more and more profoundly as the swaying picked up pace. Suddenly, a large wave of Muddy Water rose from where the Pokémon sat. Emma watched in horror as the wave crashed into Torchic whose beak had just opened to release a wave of flames. Grovyle had climbed up a tree and was leaping at the air-borne Voltchik. The grass-type crashed into Voltchik who had risen drastically to avoid the tide and the two fell into the murky waters.

“Voltchik! Torchic!” Emma cried.

The torrent had washed away, leaving the three soaked Pokémon lying in a pile on the muddy ground: Grovyle immediately leapt up and away; Torchic let out a small blast of flames, burning the Pokémon.

“Torchic, you okay?” Emma called out.

<i>“Been better,”</i> the Pokémon clucked. <i>“Although, I think Voltchik has had enough.”</i>

Voltchik was sprawled across the forest floor, feathers ruffled and muddy. Emma recalled the Pokémon, “You did well, Voltchik. Take a nice rest.”

“Ready to give up yet, Emma?” Z shouted. Both his Pokémon were still in fighting shape; neither had sustained much damage. Torchic on the other hand was cloaked in mud and trembling tremendously, whether from sheer exhaustion or from cold, Emma wasn’t sure.

<i>“She’ll give up when I go down,”</i> Torchic chirped in response and released a fresh wave of fire.

The opposing team had little time to react; they were taken by surprise. Tank had taken the full brunt of the attack, and his scorched fur was a sure sign of it. The air filled with burnt-hair smell, making Emma wrinkle her nose. GM had only minor burns and was still able to fight.

“Torchic, Aerial Ace GM, now!”

“Protect!”

Torchic ran across the field and disappeared. Tank had formed a purple dome barrier which Torchic crashed into, letting out a cry of pain. The dome flickered and then disappeared as Z commanded:

“Fury Cutter!”

“Dodge and use Aerial Ace on Tank, Torchic!” Emma shouted.

Grovyle burst through the dissipating dome, claws a white flash. Torchic narrowly dodged the attack, a feather’s width away from the damage, before ramming into Tank. The normal-type flew across the field and crashed into the base of a tree. Tank crumpled to the floor, a burned pile of fur.

“Tank!” Z cried and pulled out the Pokémon’s Pokéball, “Return, Tank. GM Quick Attack!”

“Torchic, spin and use Ember!”

Torchic began to spin in circles, letting out a steady flow of fire until it was enveloped in a ball of flames. Just as the bird was completely wrapped in flames, Grovyle crashed into the Pokémon. They rolled in the dirt in a pile of flame and leaf before stopping abruptly. Both Pokémon were sprawled across the forest floor, dazed and severely damaged.

“Get up Torchic!”

“Come on, GM! Get up!”

Emma stared intently at her Starter and saw her Pokémon twitch slightly.

“Yes!” Andrew hissed; Grovyle was struggling to stand. “Emma, if Torchic doesn’t get up…”

“I know,” Emma murmured and after a moment of silence sighed, “Torchic, return.”

“Grovyle!” the Wood Gecko screeched into the sky.

Emma ignored the victors and picked up her out cold Torchic. “It’s alright, Torchic. You did your very best.”

<i>“My best isn’t good enough, then,”</i> the Pokémon clucked quietly.

Without responding, his trainer pulled out a Potion and began to tend to the many cuts and bruises of her Starter.

“Hey, Emma, your Torchic does some mighty damage,” Andrew whistled as he too worked on Grovyle’s injuries. “A little more and you would’ve won, says my Poke´Stat.”

“Poke´Stat?”

“The eyepiece.”

“Oh,” Emma said and then murmured, “See? We could’ve won, Torchic.”

<i>“But we didn’t.”</i>

“’ey, I’m starved. Wanna head into SL and get something to eat?” Andrew called before Emma could reply to her Torchic’s comment.

“Sounds good,” Emma replied and recalled her Torchic.

<i>Sometimes, I prefer the nervous Torchic better…</i> she thought with a heavy sigh.

“Don’t you get all self-conscious when people stare at you like that?” Emma asked as she poked holes into her sandwich with a toothpick, noticing a group of girls giggling and looking their way.

“You get used to it,” Z replied from across the table as he bit into his ham-and-cheese sandwich. “Besides, they’ll regret laughing at me when I become a Pokémon Master.”

Emma laughed lightly, “Pokémon Master, eh? That’s what my parents want me to aspire for.”

“Your parents?” Z scoffed. “Psh, I follow my own dreams, do whatever I want. See, Emma, you got to learn to be independent. Life’s so much more fun that way.”

The trainer went silent, nibbling on her sandwich as an excuse as she thought.

“Plus, I’m my own man; I’m not living up to what others want: I’m living my life how I want to.”

Emma merely nodded, lost for words.

“When do you plan on challenging the gym, here?” Z asked randomly to break the silence.

“Tomorrow, probably,” Emma said, glad for a change of subject. “Although, I’m not sure I could make it with only two Pokémon.”

“You won’t; the requirement’s three for noo- I mean, first-timers." He smiled. " Unless you can manage to snag another Pokémon today and manage to train that one and the Voltchik you got, you should head on to the next gym and come back here later on your way to the League,” Z suggested.

“That’s true…” Emma murmured.

“See? I ain’t no stinkin’ noob!” Z laughed.

“Well then, Mister Noob,” Emma teased, “How many badges have you got?”

“One badge from my hometown, Ocentaport… I’m going to head for Starlight’s gym later today.”

“Good luck with that,” Emma whistled.

“Hey Emma!” a familiar voice called.

The two trainers turned their heads towards the direction of the shout and saw Andrew, a shining coin gleaming in his hand. “I got my first badge, Emma!”

“Congrats, Andy,” Emma said and slid closer to the wall to make room. Andrew came over and sat next to Emma, showing off his new badge. It resembled a quarter, round and silver with a large onyx star at the center.

“Oh, hey there, the name’s Andrew. Andrew Oak,” Andrew introduced himself, hand extended. Z glared at the hand and roughly shook it saying,
“Zachariah Hazelwood, ‘Z’ for short… Congratulations on the badge,” and he spat the last word, “Andrew.”

“Thanks,” Andrew beamed, oblivious to the venom added to his name.

“Er, I gotta go now,” Z hastily said and scooped up his half eaten sandwich, “I’ll see you around Emma.”

“Leaving so soon?” Emma whined. “Bye Z!”

She stared at the nearly sprinting oddly dressed boy who left the restaurant, cape billowing violently behind him, slam the door.

“What was that all about?” Andrew asked, bewildered.

“I don’t know…” Emma sighed.

“Gym battles are one wicked thing!” Andrew cried, completely forgetting the incident only moments before.

“I sure bet they are,” Emma said half-heartedly.

Tiffano

Post #13
Yeah, I realised a little too late… [two nights ago] that there's only two Pokemon in the first gym battle.. Oh well :O

Tiffano

Post #14
TeamEat is better. I was wondering what it was since the "E" wasn't capitalized. I thought it was TeaMeat. xD

Tiffano

Post #15
CHAPTER SIX EXTRA: JEALOUSZ

Zachariah stormed out of the restaurant, passing by the gym he was so eager to battle at, and into the Moontide Forest.

“What the hell was I thinking?” he cursed under his breath. “I should’ve known Ketchum knew Oak…”
As he was aggressively half walking, half running through the woods, he could feel one of his Pokéballs open slightly, and out came Z’s Grovyle, GM.

<i>“What’s wrong, Zach?”</i> the wood gecko cooed.

“It’s that Oak, guy,” Z spat.

<i>“And what’s wrong with him?”</i>

“Not him,” the trainer sighed, “me. I’m starting to like Emma, and… You should’ve seen how she looked at the Oak kid. She practically loves him…”

<i>“Oak and Ketchum…”</i> GM muttered. <i>“Doesn’t the family go way back?”</i>

“Yeah,” Z murmured.

<i>“Then, why the sudden surprise?”</i>

“Because I thought they would be rivals! Not the greatest friends in the world!”

The two stopped walking, Z crumpling to the ground near a large tree. GM sat next to his trainer, watching him carefully.

“Besides, why would she want me, a total gaming freak with Pokémon knowledge at the minimum, maximum because of the simulators… A freaking twelve-year-old when she has that fourteen-year-old Oak.”

<i>“So what about that, Zach? There’s nothing wrong with that. So what, he’s older and he may be wiser, but who appeals the most to Emma? You or him?”</i>

“He does.”

<i>“How can you be so sure, Zach!? You’ve only known her for a day!”</i> GM screeched and continued calmly, <i>“One day you’ve known her, and she’s already fond of you. You can’t let Oak get in the way, Hazelwood. You’ve got Birch blood in you; you’re his great-grandson just as Oak is of the Gary Oak! You’ve got as much of a chance as him!”</i>

Z leaned against the tree and closed his eyes, thinking.

<i>GM’s right… yet, why would she want me when she’s got Oak?</i>

<i>“Zach, you promised Emma you would get the badge today, are you going to stay true?”</i>

Z sighed heavily, “I really don’t want to since he has one. But, Tank really wants to get to it… Let’s get going.”

<i>“That’s my boy,”</i> GM said and disappeared into his Pokéball.

Tiffano

Post #16
CHAPTER SEVEN: SKIPS

“What!?” Andrew shouted from across the table. “What do you mean you’re skipping this gym?”

“I don’t think I’m ready for it,” Emma muttered, tearing the remains of her sandwich to pieces in order not to look at her peer.

“Not ready for it? You’re more than ready, Emma Ketchum!”

“Mentally I am, but I don’t have the three Pokémon requirement.”

“Then you can borrow one of mine!”

“It’s not the same, Andrew,” Emma sighed. “You should know that. Even if you did command your Pokémon to obey me, I doubt they would as willingly as with you.”

“Whose bright idea was this for you to skip?” Andrew growled, noting that Emma hadn’t called him by his pet name.

“Well,” the teen hesitated, “Z’s suggestion since he knew I wouldn’t have enough time to catch another Pokémon and train it accordingly.”

“Z… you mean that clown who was here earlier?!”

“He’s no clown!” Emma snapped. “He’s a nice guy.”

“He’s a queer! Did you see how he was dressed?!”

Emma shook her head, “You can be so shallow sometimes, Andrew.”

He glared at her, flabbergasted; this was the first time they’ve fought since the fourth grade when they had vowed not to do so ever again.

“I gotta go,” Emma said quietly, leaving the building just as Zachariah had, only not as violently. Tears began to leak as Emma ran in no certain direction, just away from the restaurant. After running for a good ten minutes, the teen began to slow down, gasping for air. Her vision blurred as tears began to pour out heavily just as they had years ago when she and Andrew fought.

<i>“I’m telling you to stay away from that guy, Emma! He's no good for you!" </i>

His words echoed in her ears. How similar this had been, Emma thought. Only, last time, Andrew had been right. The boy, whom Emma assumed she fell in love with, didn’t care for her; he was using her to gain popularity.

<i>What if he’s right now?</i>

She shook her head. No, he’s wrong this time. Z is a good guy.

The tears stopped flowing, yet her eyes still stung. She looked at her surroundings and realized she was in a small park with numerous oak and hazel trees.

“Just my luck,” Emma sighed and walked away.

“Are you sure you’re okay, dear?” Emma’s mother asked for the hundredth time.

“Yes, mom,” Emma sighed. She was at the Pokémon Center, talking to her mom over the computer-phones.

“Well, it’s nice that you called. I was beginning to worry that you’d forget all about us,” her mother laughed uncertainly.

“How could I ever forget about you guys?”

Amelia shrugged, “A mother worries. Oh! Your father’s home.”

In the background Emma could faintly hear the front door slam.

“Emma!” her father greeted, nearly shoving her mother away from the phone.

“Hey Dad,” Emma smiled.

“How’s my favorite kid?”

“Doing fine, Dad.”

“You sure? You don’t look too hot. Did you and Andrew get in a fight?”

Emma bit her lips for a moment, “Everything’s alright Dad, really.”

He raised an eyebrow but pushed no further. “So, you going to challenge the gym soon?”

“I was thinking of skipping the gym for now…” Emma paused, waiting for an outburst. Seeing none, she continued, “I only have Torchic and a Voltchik right now, and there aren’t any Pokémon in Moontide that interest me. I was thinking of going to the other gyms and looping back here when I’m done with the islands.”

“I see,” her father said thoughtfully. “Well, be sure to visit when you come back here.”

“I will, Dad.”

Matthew Ketchum nodded and was suddenly flying off screen. A large Infernape stood where his trainer was only moments ago, cackling, <i>“Emma! Long time no see, eh? Seems like I haven’t seen you for two days!”</i>

“That’s because I haven’t seen you for two days,” Emma laughed.

“Ah, time goes slow for me, you know. How’s that little chicken of yours doing? Didn’t seem so brave last I saw ‘im.”

“Better,” Emma beamed. “He has more confidence now, although he’s still a bit jumpy. Takes to battling more though, and maybe when I come back later, you and him could battle.”

“Looking forward to it,” the ape grinned. “Bye Emma!”

The screen went black; the call had been disconnected.

Emma giggled, knowing that the Pokémon had pulled the plug before she could see her father attack.

<i>Dad approves, and I’m sure Mom does too… Why doesn’t</i> Andrew?

She flinched slightly, realizing that she began to stop calling him by his pet name. She shoved her hands into her pockets, feeling the jumble of Pokéballs in one. It was then she realized that she forgot to ask for Torchic’s and Voltchik’s opinions. One thought prodded silently at the back of her mind: The Pokéballs can’t stay in your pocket forever; they need to be some place organized like a Trainer Belt.

Emma’s gaze wandered in the happily painted room of the Pokémon Center. A few people were staring at her and hurriedly turned away, embarrassed at being caught. Typical. Everyone just wanted to see the descendant of the famous Ash Ketchum.

Without much thought, the trainer walked out of the building. She meandered through the city, not taking much notice in her surroundings, completely dead to the world.

<i>What are you doing?!</i>

The voice thundered in her head, the same voice from the morning before. Emma looked around, noticing that she was in front of Pokémon Equipment. She shuddered violently and walked to where she and Torchic first trained together by the River Kihaile.

“Torchic, Voltchik, come on out!” Emma shouted, throwing the two Pokéballs into the sky. The two materialized quickly, looking questioningly at their trainer.

<i>“Training time, I presume?”</i> Voltchik asked as he began to preen a few feathers.

<i>“Hey, this is where I learned Flamethrower!”</i> Torchic clucked, looking at the scorched black rock.

“Not training, just talking,” Emma said, sitting on a dry piece of land. The river was flowing gently, but there weren’t any Pokémon swimming today.

<i>“About what, Emma?”</i> Torchic asked, tilting his head slightly.

“The gym battle… See, we need three Pokémon to enter that gym, and I don’t see any that really will help… I was thinking that we skip this gym, head on to the next, and come back after we finish the islands.”

<i>“Skip?”</i> Voltchik squawked.

<i>“But why, Emma?! Couldn’t we just fake that we have three? I’m sure Voltchik and I can handle the gym!”</i> Torchic cried.

Why does everyone have to react to skipping? Emma sighed inwardly.

“How can you be so sure about that, Torchic? You haven’t even evolved yet, the one thing we were all counting on.”

<i>“Oh so you’re blaming it on me now?!”</i> Torchic screeched.

“No, Torchic!” Emma snapped. “Listen, even if you two are ready, I’m not. I’d rather walk it off to the next town battle there, and we can go around on the islands and come back… Think of it this way, when we skip and loop back, this gym,” she nodded towards the city, “will be more challenging because we’d already have six badges!”

<i>“It’d be seven if we didn’t skip at all!”</i> Torchic clucked angrily.

<i>“What is the nearest gym, excluding the one here?”</i> Voltchik squawked.

“Up north in Ocentaport,” Emma replied, ignoring the furious Torchic pacing irately around the scorched rock.

“What type would the gym leader’s Pokémon be in Ocenta?”

“I believe Ocenta’s gym is water orientated… but the gym was just renovated and a new leader was assigned, so I’m not sure exactly.”

<i>“Great! That means I won’t be able to be in that gym battle!”</i> Torchic cried.

<i>“What if we asked Zachariah about the gym?”</i> Voltchik inquired as he busily preened his wing feathers. <i>“After all, it is his hometown.”</i>

“Right,” said Emma, “He should be at the gym now.”

<i>“Why don’t we just try Emma?”</i> Torchic pleaded eyes large. <i>“You’d like to battle, won’t you Voltchik?!”</i>

<i>“Honestly, dear Torchic, I couldn’t care less.”</i>

<i>“See, Emma!? Voltchik would like to battle too!”</i>

“You’re never going to stop pestering me about this are you?” Emma sighed.

<i>“Nope,”</i> Torchic clucked. <i>“If we white out, I give you permission to rub it in my face that you were right!”</i>

Emma unslung her backpack and pulled out a few TM’s and HM’s. “If we’re going, Voltchik needs to stock up on some moves.”

<i>“Yes!”</i> Torchic cried victoriously.

Voltchik flew to Emma’s shoulder staring at the nearly dancing Torchic with annoyance. <i>“Master Emma, are you honestly going to let Torchic take advantage of you like that?”</i>

Emma smiled faintly and whispered back, “I’m not. We’re going to the Ocenta gym.”

<i>“I thought we would…”</i> Voltchik muttered, bending low so that Emma could place the first TM upon his head.

Tiffano

Post #17
And here is where the plot begins to speed up….

MEWTWO’S PERSPECTIVE, CHAPTER EIGHT: DEAD AND FREE; ALIVE AND CAPTURED

I called out telepathically to the one child I knew could end my suffering: Ash Ketchum.

The oozing plasma I was engulfed in restricted my abilities and drained me of my energy so that I could only call every few days.

Why isn’t he coming? Is he coming at all?

I pounded into my brain, searching through the cloned memories of Mew. Then I realized he was dead. I shook my head slowly, only to be zapped by an electrical current.

“Take that, Mewtwo!” someone jeered.

I was so tempted to send him to Giratina’s lair with what little energy I had left. But I stopped myself in time when I felt the presence of the one who encaged me. I still had the wounds the Scyther inflicted upon me, but it had stopped bleeding hours ago.

“So that’s Mewtwo?” the Human questioned insultingly.

I growled softly.

“It took a Scyther to defeat the supposedly undefeatable Mewtwo?!” He walked closer towards me, encaged in a large glass cage.

My anger began to build the closer the Human walked towards me.

“What is it thinking?” He walked away.

“Wants to kill you, I believe.”

The human chuckled softly, walking towards me. “How do you think,” he whispered so only I could hear, “that you could kill me when I have almost killed you?”

I closed my eyes, ignoring him.

He walked away; I could hear his footsteps fade.

“Be sure to keep watch of Mewtwo; I’ve been having headaches periodically.”

I smiled softly and assaulted his mind with my own violently. I watched him stagger slightly, but his pride wouldn’t let him fall. My pitiful attempt was returned with another stronger wave of electricity, stunning me, wiping me out.

<i>
A black mist enshrouded my vision stinging my eyes. My mind flew out, examining the surrounding environment. I knew this world too well; the Queen Mew had banished me here as punishment for murdering Giovanni. The Distortion World had been my home for several decades until the Queen decided I had “suffered enough.”

“Mewtwo,” growled the Great Giratina as he coiled around me, “Long time no see.”

I ignored the legendary and glanced around; instead of vegetation as should be for this area, it was all fire… everything was fire.

“I’m dead!?!” I exclaimed.

I could feel him tremble with
laughter, “Surprisingly, yes. I hadn’t expected you here until your world ended.”

My shoulders drooped, despair clutched at my stomach.
</i>
Ash Ketchum is here, Brother, search for him.<i>

The sweet light voice echoed in my head: Queen Mew. Relief washed over my being; I would be returning to the Living World soon.

“Oh?” Giratina rumbled. “The sudden change of posture and emotional appearance… You’re not staying any longer?”

“If I’m fortunate, nay my friend,” I replied and flew off in search of the Master Ash Ketchum.

“Are you implying that you do not enjoy my company?” the Legendary roared as he flew alongside me.

“Not your company, rather this World. I prefer the Distortion World where I can fully enjoy your companionship… Have you seen the human ‘Ash Ketchum’ in these parts of this realm?”

“Search for a large crowd surrounding a lone man,” my comrade suggested and disappeared into one of the great flames. I then realized that the fire was actually gateways to other parts of this world.

As I flew above the great masses of deceased, I realized many humans were surrounded by large crowds; they were all somehow famous in their own civilizations. Just then, a child noticed my appearance and notified all, exclaiming, “Mewtwo!”
Trillions of eyes turned upon me, followed by a large uproar.

“Mewtwo, dead?!”

I smiled. Even they recognized that I should not be dwelling in this world. This would make my quest all the easier.

“I search for the Pokémon Master Ash Ketchum,” I roared above all the others. They grew silent instantly. “Bring the Master forward!”

Chatter rumbled through the throng as they searched for the summoned Master.

“I am here, Mighty Mewtwo!” shouted one, waving his arms maniacally in an extremely large throng of people.

Giratina flew out from one of the fiery doorways, followed by numerous Pokémon which I recognized to have battled under Ketchum. The Great Renegade seemed extremely heroic in my eyes, slithering and coiling gracefully with dozens of bright-eyed Pokémon.

“Had it my way, I would allow all the species to intertwine; it would make my job so much easier. ‘Oh I miss my dear Pokémon!’ they would screech at me in their obnoxious voices, Mewtwo! You don’t understand how easy your job is!” Giratina complained as he neared me.

I merely shook my head with an amused smile. I attempted to lift the Pokémon Master and succeeded to my surprise.

“Whatever restraints you had in the Living World, you have not here,” Giratina rumbled.

“So they could fly around here if they wished?” I inquired.

“Correct.”

“Then why don’t they?”

“The humans? They don’t; they found it too hectic when they first arrived.”

“PIKACHU!” Ash Ketchum exclaimed as he neared us. I trusted Giratina, but I wouldn’t let loose my hold on the man for fear he would fall.

“He won’t, Mewtwo, let him go.”

I sighed and released my hold. The Master continued to ascend, this time of his own will. All of the Pokémon Giratina had summoned rushed to meet their comrade and partner, an ecstatic Pikachu in the lead.

“Friend, look how they all stare jealously,” I whispered as the human and Pokémon were reunited, looking down at the billions of humans below. The children who had died young, especially those who never became of age to go on a Pokémon Journey…

“Indeed,” Giratina replied mournfully.

“You are the Renegade!” I cried. “Rebel as you have been named to do!”

“Not now, Mewtwo… However, when I do, your name will be rejoiced throughout all these lands.” And the Renegade left.

“Mewtwo, why have you summoned me—pardon—I mean us?”

I turned and there stood the Master, aged since I last saw him. He looked in his eighties, yet he cast the aura of the young. I raised my brow in surprise; he was beginning to grow young.

“The world you have left is moving towards great ruin; a power is rising with the sun, gaining strength each and every passing moment. It is unlike those in your day; they are a mere speck of dust compared to this new band. Instead of seeking for improvement upon the world, this collaboration of evil seeks to destroy the Pokémon kind.”

The former Trainer nodded, ten-years-old once more. His Pikachu resumed its rightful spot upon his shoulder, attentive as I rambled on.

“How can I be of service?” Ketchum asked when I concluded. “I am a ghost of my former self, literally; I am aged and withered, lost in a dead man’s world.”

“I don’t know,” I sighed. “Only I know you can help somehow, Ketchum…”

Pokémon Master Ash Ketchum flashed a rueful smile, “Ketchum… I believe you’re looking for the wrong one.”

“You blasted idiot!” the rage voice pounded against my ear drums. “I told you—nay commanded—you to keep Mewtwo alive!”

“But sir!” another gasped. “He assaulted you!”

“That does not give you reason to electrocute Mewtwo, now does it?!”

I realized I was out of the container and on the floor. I opened my eyes only just. I couldn’t see much, just a large black sheet of fabric before me. I took this to be the Human who captured me. From this minimal distance, I could feel rage build up inside of me that was not mine but his. His fury literally poured off his being, contagious to all. Realizing that my eyes wouldn’t help, I let loose my mind and developed clear representation of the events inches from my presumably “dead” body.

“Lord, you do not understand!”

“Oh yes I do,” he snarled, pushing the poor human against the wall.

“Lord,” the man gasped, “He was sending telepathic signals to the outside world! He was sending for help!”

“I told you to report any action Mewtwo had committed, including the telepathy!”

“I didn’t think—“

“That’s because you don’t!” the Human growled and pushed the other roughly up the wall. Suddenly, he sighed and released the gasping human and looked at me. I ceased my breathing and closed my eyes.

“I always thought you were stronger, Mewtwo. But I guess I was wrong.”

I couldn’t help but take this challenge smiling and struggled to stand, “You weren’t.”

My legs shook violently; the muscles were weak from lack of use in imprisonment.

“Professor, it appears our guest is still alive,” the Human hissed and suddenly drew out a completely black Pokéball.

I stared blankly at the sphere, perplexed.

<i>No Brother! RUN!</i> The Queen shouted within my mind.

Out of instinct I began to Teleport, a moment too late; a black beam of light shot out of the Pokéball and enveloped me in its dark grasp.

<i>BROTHER!</i> The voice echoed off in my head, but I didn’t recognize it.

——
Yes, I also know that Mew should be a guy since Mewtwo is too. But I'm going to pretend that Mew's a female and that when they made the super clone, they screwed around with the DNA to make him male. :)

Tiffano

Post #18
This is where I start to favor the main character more and more… But, even though it seems like I'm cheating and making sure Emma is going to win, it's all in good cause. :)
—–

CHAPTER NINE: SUMMONED

Emma Ketchum walked calmly along the Kihaile River, Starlight City out of sight days ago. The sun was directly overhead when she first saw the ocean, a faint blue line against the horizon. A steady wind blew from the direction, bringing faint traces of salty air. The river was a silver ribbon threading its way to Ocentaport, still unseen. The trainer sighed and sat down, exhausted from her march.

“Come on out Torchic and Voltchik,” she cooed as her Pokémon materialized.

<i>“Ah! Feels good to stretch my wings,”</i> cried the golden falcon.

<i>“Gee, Emma, is that the ocean over there?!”</i> Torchic squealed.

“Yup,” the trainer replied, glad that her starter was finally over the whole skipping event.

<i>“It’s so big, Emma!”</i> Torchic clucked hurriedly. <i>“Look at it! It’s like a big lake without end! It makes this river seem so little!”</i>

<i>“Indeed,”</i> Voltchik squawked from up in the skies.

“You okay, Torchic?” Emma asked noticing the unusual jumping hyper activeness.

<i>“Fine, never been better!”</i> the fire type shrieked happily.

<i>“Extra energy, Master Emma,”</i> Voltchik said as he landed beside her.

The trainer nodded and said, “That’s what I was thinking. I guess we should start training again.”

<i>“Train, train-train, train, train-train!”</i> Torchic clucked as he ran around in circles.

“Voltchik Thunder Wave, go!” Emma said as she stood up.

The golden bird took flight and was soon enveloped in a flurry of electrical static. He screeched, spreading his wings wide, sending the wave towards the dizzy Torchic.

<i>“Say what!?!”</i> the chick screeched and ran towards the ocean, a fury of sparks shooting towards him.

<i>This will be interesting</i> Emma thought and ran after her two Pokémon.

“Paralyzed and still running?!” Emma gasped as she ran.

<i>“The Thunder Wave hit and you can see some sparks fly off him as Torchic runs,”</i> Voltchik affirmed flying alongside his trainer.

“That chick is gonna run himself dead. Go and try to land another Thunder Wave.”

The golden falcon picked up speed and flew off, sparks beginning to form. Emma smiled widely; she hadn’t had this much fun in a while. She increased her strides but was soon trailing, tiring. The trainer stopped to catch her breath, bending over with hands on her knees.

A twig snapped.

Emma looked over her shoulder towards the noise.

There wasn’t a tree in sight, just a hilly grassy expanse of land. The trainer straightened herself, searching for the maker of the sound.

<i>“Master Emma, the Torchic is now subdued!”</i> Voltchik screeched happily, the completely paralyzed Torchic on his back.

“Good job, Voltchik. How many shocks did it take?” Emma laughed, greeting her Pokémon.

<i>“Three good blows, Emma!”</i> Torchic clucked. <i>“And I’m still not down!”</i>

<i>“That’s because I feared of damaging your precious feathers!”</i> Voltchik squawked.

The next thing Emma knew was that the two Pokémon were viciously and playfully wrestling on the ground, Voltchik with the upper hand because he was larger. The trainer shook her head, amused.

A pebble rolled.

The teen looked behind her and all around, ignoring the two mock fighting Pokémon. There was nothing amiss with the world around her.

Am I hearing things?

Emma walked over to the river where there were pebbles in abundance. Nothing seemed to have been misplaced and there weren’t any ripples in the water.

<i>“You alright, Emma?”</i> Torchic called out, feathers ruffled.

<i>“Indeed, you look as though you’ve seen a ghost Pokémon.”</i>

“I’m fine…” Emma muttered and looked at the two completely dusty Pokémon. “Okay, now that your extra energy is gone, let’s start some serious training.”

A cheerful fire blazed, surrounded by human and Pokémon. Emma was toasting a marshmallow, wrinkling her nose when she realized it was completely black. Torchic lay on his back, snoring deeply; Voltchik sat next to him, head under wing. The sky was full of stars, a large full moon at the very center.

Emma stood up and stretched. She squinted at a peculiar movement a hundred yards away. A white blob seemed to move and stop, move and stop, as if restless. It turned and Emma could feel it stare straight through her, examining her like a book. Involuntarily she took a step forward and another and another.

Soon the fire was far behind her, along with the protection she had of her Pokémon. She shuddered and blinked. The creature was gone. The trainer looked about her, searching for any signs of footprints; there was no mark except that of her own.

The teen sighed resentfully and walked back to her camp.

A lone Pokémon cried out into the night. Emma sat awake, staring at the smoldering fire, too wary to fall asleep.

Suddenly she could feel the same piercing stare go through her back. Robotically the trainer stood and began to walk backwards toward the unseen creature. She tripped over something and fell flat on her back. Emma didn’t attempt to get up; she knew she couldn’t. The teen stared into the night sky, waiting for the creature to allow her to stand once more.

Her vision began to glaze, blurring star into star, dark sky into dark sky. The moon turned pink and grew out a thin limb; a tail. The metamorphosis began: The moon became Mew, the stars merged into all the Legendary Pokémon, and the black night sky into a serpentine Pokemon… Giratina. She felt her body lift, or rather, the ground move away. The grassy prairie disappeared into a world of clouds. The puffy clouds began to harden, turning into warm marble.

“Welcome, Emma Ketchum!” cried a light yet sad voice.

The trainer looked up and saw the pink Mew floating above what resembled a throne. Arceus stood to the left, glowering mournfully at Emma. She met his gaze unwavering, never fearing nor doubting. The other Legendaries weren’t to be seen; they lurked in the shadows, watching, waiting.

“Felicitations, Legendary Mew,” Emma returned, bowing deeply, returning her gaze to Mew.

The Creator watched Emma carefully with large blue eyes. The rabbit-like Pokémon twitched. The teen returned the gaze, only with awe and wonder and what felt to be love.

“She’s the one,” the Psychic-type murmured.
A sudden blinding light flashed before the trainer’s eyes leaving her sightless.

<i>“Emma!”</i> Torchic squealed.

“Huh?” she muttered, rubbing her forehead. “What?”

The sky was covered in dark menacing clouds, the sun lost behind the vapor. The grass around her was covered heavily with dew yet she wasn’t at all wet; she felt warm and safe lying on the ground staring into the sky.

<i>“Where did you go?!”</i>

“Go…? I left?”

<i>“Indeed you did, Master Emma,”</i> Voltchik cawed. <i>“Do you not realize how far from camp we are?”</i>

Emma sat up and looked around. She was in the middle of grassland; everything looked the same. But a good hundred yards away was a dark blue tent and fire pit. Suddenly a wave of memory washed over her: She had met the legendary Mew and Arceus.

“I don’t remember,” she lied. As soon as the words left her lips, she realized that they didn’t answer the questions presented.

<i>“Emma, please don’t scare us like that again!”</i> Torchic wailed, tears beginning to form.

Emma smiled softly, “I’ll try not to.”

A large drop of water hit Torchic’s head, causing him to yelp. A few more drops fell, and soon it was a heavy torrent of rain.

“Crap,” Emma muttered and pulled out the two Pokéballs, “Return.” The two Pokémon disappeared in red light, anxiously looking into the sky.

Emma ran back to the camp and slid into her tent drenched to the bone.

The rain poured on heavily without end. A few bits of lightning flew out, lighting up the dreary skies for a moment. Emma could hear the River Kihaile roar in the background, rising with the rain. She shivered slightly, her wet hair clinging to her scalp. She quickly changed into a warmer identical outfit and resigned to staring at the undulating ceiling of the tent.

<i>
The trees shook violently, the white claws reaching towards them, crying mightily.
“Absol…”
The soaked Pokémon leapt from rock to rock, down the rising river towards a large barricade. Human-Block-That-Slows-The-Flow it was named. The Absol stared at the wall, sensing, feeling a catastrophe. The White-Light-That-Blinds flew across the sky and hit a mighty oak, felling it. The mighty tree crashed into the Human-Block-That-Slows-The-Flow cracking it.
The Pokémon raced to the other side of the dam and saw the crack expand, water seeping through.
“Absol…” it growled.
The White-Light-That-Blinds flashed again, Deafening-Roar sounding afterwards. Another tree fell, this time into the river further up the flow. It crashed into the dam, enlarging and creating more cracks. The Human-Block collapsed; the river surged through, washing anything in its tracks.
The Disaster Pokémon ran swiftly through the rain, searching for any sort of help.
</i>

Emma shuddered violently, waking up from a disastrous dream. She couldn’t remember much of what happened; only recalling that whatever it was it scared her. The rain was still pouring, still as hard as before. Lightning lit up her tent for split seconds, thunder roaring through the next. As one particularly bright flash struck the sky, Emma thought she saw something charging her way.

She left the safety of her tent, pulling on a poncho, and minimizing the tent afterwards. The trainer squinted across the land, thinking she heard and saw something. Lightning flashed once more, and she realized that an Absol was charging her way.

The Disaster Pokémon… It’s white like moonlight.

“ABSOL!” it barked, sliding to a stop.

Its eyes glared into Emma’s, full of desperation.

“Absol!” it snarled once more and ran off, looking over its shoulder constantly.

“Oh,” Emma gasped realizing it wanted her to follow. She ran after the Pokémon, trailing behind in the slick mud. She fell once, staining her jeans in the dark cold mud. As she was standing up, she noticed that the river had far exceeded its banks, and was still rising. The trainer shuddered, wondering how far it could’ve gone and how close it was to her camp it was and continued chasing after the Absol. Lightning flashed across the sky frequently now; the storm was at its height.

The Absol was gone.

Emma stopped running, gasping for breath. She scanned the surrounding dark area, unable to see much. Another flash of lightning lit up the sky.

“ABSOL!” a cry came.

The trainer looked towards the sound near the river. She could faintly see a Pokémon thrashing about struggling to beat the current get washed down the torrent. Without much thought she threw off her pack, kicking off her shoes and plunged into the icy cold water, instinct driving her on.

<i>
“Under no circumstance are you to let a Pokémon die unless you are fully unable to prevent the death,” her father said.

“But what if it leads to an extreme life-or-death-situation? Like, what if you may die trying to rescue the Pokémon?” her twelve-year-old-self responded.

Matthew Ketchum smiled softly and said, “Those situations never stopped me, or your great-grandfather. I found that saving one Pokémon’s life ended up saving my own.”
</i>

Emma couldn’t do much in the rapids; she struggled just to surface to gasp a breath. She reached out to a large rock and realized it was the Absol. She felt it grab onto her sleeve with its teeth and pull her closer. When she was above the raging waters, she found that they were on a little island of white rock.

“Voltchik,” she gasped pushing her numb fingers into her pocket, “go get my bag.”

The falcon materialized in white light and flew off without asking questions.

Emma leaned upon the Absol who sat rock solid staring into the current.

The trainer felt a stinging pain of cold at her feet. She opened her eyes and saw that the storm had subsided; the clouds were parting, sunlight began to shine through. The drenched human greeted the warm rays thankfully.

“Pika,” came a sigh next to her. Emma looked to her left and saw a Pikachu, in shock, thinking that it was an Absol the night before. The shook her head and rubbed her temples, recapping the night’s events.

Emma then realized that she had fallen asleep somehow… Maybe the Absol was part of her dreams. Voltchik cawed and was flying above her backpack sparks flying off. The trainer stood up and looked about her. The river was still flowing rapidly, yet not as harshly as before. She looked down at the white rock and noticed that there was some red lettering on it—the rock was actually a part of the Ocenta dam.

The Electric Mouse Pokémon gracefully leapt off the rock and next to the startled Voltchik, looking back. Its eyes were mysteriously green, unlike the onyx black of most Pikachu. Its fur was still a nice yellow-gold color, even though the river was a muddy torrent. It stood gracefully in the sunlight, almost angelic and holy as if it were sent from the skies above…
The trainer made the leap across and landed neatly. The Pikachu did not move even though Voltchik was flying around it, examining.

“Voltchik calm down!” Emma snapped and pulled out his Pokéball.

The falcon gave a hurt look before disappearing into the ball.

“Well, Pikachu, is this where we part ways?”

“Pika.”

“You don’t… make sense,” Emma sighed realizing that the Pikachu didn’t understand the pitches and tones used in the understandable Poke´Speek.

“Chu,” the Pokémon sighed.

Emma took out a Pokéball and said, “You”—she pointed at the Pikachu—“come with me”—she pointed at herself—“and into the Pokéball”—she pointed at the Pokéball—“yes?”

The Pikachu tilted its head in what looked like confusion yet its green eyes twinkled with laughter. Suddenly it leapt at Emma and the Pokéball snapped open, absorbing it in red light. The ball nudged slightly and was followed by a ping.

“I guess that means ‘yes’,” Emma said and placed the Pokéball in her pocket.

Tiffano

Post #19
I didn't finish this chapter… And I doubt I will for a while since I want to rewrite and not make the Pokemon Emma get as godly as before :P
—-

CHAPTER TEN: OCENTAPORT GYM

Emma walked along the shoreline breathing in the salty tang of ocean air, the wind messing her hair. The sea-green water was icy cold yet refreshing to walk through. The sand was extremely soft from the continuous grinding along with the waves and some well worn rocks were scattered about. There weren’t many people here as it was winter, the lows of tourist attraction. Fluffy white clouds spotted the sky, yet the sun shone brightly through.

“Come enjoy the sun, Torchic, Voltchik, and Pikachu!” Emma cried, throwing all three Pokéballs into the air.

The three Pokémon materialized in a white light, Voltchik flying around Pikachu once more. Torchic examined the new Pokémon with interest, recognizing it as one of the species of starters he grew up with.

“Torchic, meet Pikachu; Pikachu, Torchic,” Emma introduced.

The green-eyed rodent looked at the fire chick and walked away, apparently uninterested. Torchic let out a flare of anger and stormed in the other direction towards the oncoming tide.

“Great,” Emma sighed.

<i>“Master Emma,”</i> Voltchik cawed, <i>“I believe you should give them time.”</i>

“I guess.” The trainer sighed and sat down in the warm sand, fumbling in her pockets for the Pokédex.

Pikachu Male Level: 15
Type: Electric Species: Mouse
This Pokémon raises its lightning-shaped tail to check its surroundings. Sometimes these Pokémon are struck by lightning while in this pose.
Moves Known: Growl, Thundershock, Tail Whip, Thunderwave, Quick Attack, Agility, Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle, Iron Tail

“Holy crap,” Emma gasped. “This Pikachu…” She looked up and saw the Pikachu stare into the horizon, oblivious to the Torchic flashing venomous looks and the Voltchik poking him. “Pikachu, come here.”

His long ears twitched and the yellow rodent looked at Emma, green eyes questioning. The Pikachu came bouncing over happily enough as if there wasn’t an evil in the world.

“Pika?”

“Have you had a trainer before me?”

“Chu!”

“Is that a 'yes' or 'no'?”

“Pika-pika chu!”

Emma shook her head. “Voltchik, come translate for me.”

<i>“Of course,”</i> the falcon squawked.

“Now, Pikachu, have you had a trainer before me?”

“Pika chuuuu!” the rodent squealed sparks flying from his cheeks.

“Voltchik?” Emma asked, looking at the confused falcon.

“Incoherent… I don’t understand a word he says!” Voltchik cried.

Emma raised her eyebrows in surprise. “Do you understand, Torchic?”

<i>“If I did, would I be giving him these looks?”</i>

<i>“You still would, knowing you,”</i> shrieked Voltchik. Immedietly the two were in the sand pecking at each other once more.

“Pikachu break them up with Thundershock!” Emma commanded.

“Pika!” Pikachu cried as he let out a controlled wave of electricity at the two birds. Torchic lay stunned, static flying from his feathers; Voltchik flew upwards with little damage.

“But you understand me,” Emma questioned.

“Pikachu!” the mouse cried happily.

Ocentaport was a fairly large town living off the surrounding sea. It was extremely eco-friendly and had the cleanest environment and air in all of Mynoh. All of the buildings were either solar powered or powered through wind energy from the continuous wind of the ocean. At the center of the town was an extremely large circular dome in the shape of a large tidal wave, and Trainer Emma was making her way to it.

The trainer looked up at the shining mock wave and walked right on in, undaunted. The waiting room was empty, save for a memo on the door to the gym leader: “Out to Lunch.”

“Aww,” Emma whimpered and exited the building, only to bump into someone. “Oh, sorry, my apologies!”

“That’s fine,” the person responded. Emma stepped aside. He was fairly tall and had light brown hair with natural highlights. In his tan hands was a surfboard and he was only in trunks, his chest shown with fresh sea water and he seemed extremely fit; he had a six pack and muscles…

Emma blushed profoundly, “Oh… Uhm… the gym leader’s out to lunch.”

“Not anymore, miss,” the man replied, flashing white teeth. “I am the Ocentaport Gym Leader.”

“Oh!” Emma gasped.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you soon, eh?” the Leader smiled once more and walked inside the gym.

Emma stood, stunned for a moment. She soon followed his tail. The notice was taken off the door, or rather, replaced with another sign that said “Enter.”

The trainer walked up to the door and noticed eight round holes to the right of the knob, for trainers to put badges in so the Leader would know the level of the oncoming challenger.
Emma sighed, a twinge of guilt that she should be putting the Starlight badge there. She shoved the feeling aside and walked through the door into an extremely cold room. There was a pool with floating ice chunks scattered about. Emma stood on a small island of ice which floated and undulated eerily. At the center was the largest chunk, the shape of a circle. Across the pool stood a young female teen, around her age dressed in extremely short shorts and a tank top. Emma shivered; she could see her own breath.

“Welcome to the Ocentaport Gym,” The young teen greeted and pulled out a Pokéball. “Our battle will be a two-on-two, standard Pokémon League rules. First trainer to run out of useable Pokémon is the loser, alright?”

“Sure!” Emma shouted back.

“Go Spheal!” the Junior shouted, throwing the Pokéball into the air. A little blue ball-shaped Pokémon appeared, landing in the center ice flow.

“Spheal… Go Voltchik!” Emma cried throwing the Pokéball.

“Vol!” the golden falcon cried as it materialized in white light.

“Spheal, use Ice Ball!” the Junior commanded raising a fist in the air.

“Dodge and use Aerial Ace!” Emma shouted.

Before the Spheal an icy shard of ice began to grow, forming the shape of a ball about the same size as itself. Voltchik was busily gaining speed, diving towards the ice-and-water-type. The ball of ice flew from the Spheal, Voltchik narrowly dodging it before appearing right behind the Spheal and crashing into it. The little ball-like Pokémon landed in the icy cold water and struggled to the surface.

“Thunderbolt, quick!”

“Get out of the water!!”

The falcon Pokémon was enveloped in sparks before letting out a lightning shaped wave into the water, lighting up the whole room. Emma covered her eyes; the light was blinding. She could hear a faint cry, most likely the Spheal. Voltchik flew back to Emma, watching for the opponent to surface. From under an ice flow appeared the Spheal, charred and completely unconscious.

“Return, Spheal,” the Junior resigned and pulled out another Pokéball. “Go Sneasel!”

“Voltchik use Quick Attack!”

“You too, Sneasel!”

The two Pokémon rushed at each other, the humanoid gaining fast; Voltchik diving, Sneasel running and jumping. White streaks of light flew from behind each as they accelerated into each other.

“DODGE VOLTCHIK!” Emma shouted.

The Voltchik did a funny twist but crashed into an ice flow. The Sneasel twisted around and its trainer shouted, “Ice Beam!”

From the Sneasel’s mouth came a light blue beam that crashed into the dazed Voltchik. Ice began to form around the Poke´mon’s wings, pinning it to the ground.

“Crap,” Emma hissed, “Return Voltchik!”

Pikachu or Torchic? If Torchic falls into the water, we’re screwed… yet we’ll have a type advantage… Pikachu on the other hand… Pikachu’s just some godly creature… better save him for the Leader.

“Go Torchic!” Emma said, throwing the Pokéball into the air. As the Pokémon materialized and nearly fell into the water as the block of ice wobbled, she realized with a pang of guilt that Pikachu would’ve been better off. “Flamethrower!”
“Knock it into the water with Quick Attack!” the opponent commanded with a sly smile.

Sneasel ran across the massive ice flow and with great agility across the smaller with Torchic melting away the ice blocks it was just on.

“Torchic JUMP!”

Just as Sneasel was on the last block of ice, running and soaring towards Torchic, the fire-type leapt and landed neatly on another bit of ice. Sneasel made a sharp turn and slipped on the ice, falling into the water.

“Torchic get onto the biggest chunk of ice!”

“Sneasel get out!”

Torchic began to hop and scrabble towards the center of the pool where the largest piece of ice bobbed. Just as he clawed his way on, Sneasel flew out of the water and landed roughly on the ice, making it tilt and sending Torchic sliding down towards the Sharp Claw Pokémon.

“Torchic!” the bird shrieked.

“Flamethrower!”

“Quick Attack!”

Torchic let out a jet of flames, melting the ice and righting the ice berg. Sneasel jumped off the detached piece of ice and ran towards Torchic, claws flying behind it. The fire chick shrieked and twisted around, enveloping itself in a ball of flames. The oncoming Pokémon crashed into the inferno, singing its fur, and slid across the ice flow. Torchic laid dazed precariously at the edge of the ice, nearly plunging into the pool.

“Torchic get up!”

“Sneasel stand!”

The two Pokémon twitched and struggled to stand. Torchic, having realized the water was only inches away, jumped abruptly away from the ice cold liquid and faced the struggling Sneasel.

“Flamethrower, quick!”

“Dodge it Sneasel!”

The Sneasel forced itself to stand and attempted to jump away from the flames, but failed; Torchic landed a dead-on hit, burning the Pokémon whole. The chick stopped, chest heaving slightly, staring at the scorched Sneasel. It stood on weak legs, glared at Torchic and collapsed.

“Sneasel return,” sighed the Junior. “Congratulations, you beat me.”

Emma recalled her Torchic and returned the Junior’s smile, “Thanks.”

The teen walked away and was replaced by another teen, around the same age as the last. He was bundled up in a thick jacket and had earmuffs, a scarf, and a wool cap on. The pool began to lower and a new one replaced it. This field was completely frozen, which reminded Emma of an ice skating rink.

To her right she heard an annoying humming and saw a little podium rise.

“Put your Pokéballs in there to heal your Pokémon,” shouted the opposing teen.

Emma put Torchic’s and Voltchik’s Pokéballs on the podium. They began to glow slightly and hummed. Suddenly it all stopped, Emma assuming that the healing process over. She picked up the two orbs and looked over the field. There wasn’t anything on it, save for the boundary lines painted in black.

“Our battle will be a one-on-one,” the teen said, “standard rules.”

Emma nodded, acknowledging she heard and understood.

“Alright then, let’s battle Sealeo!” he shouted and threw the Pokéball.

“Sea-le-OH!” the Ball Roll Pokémon cried as it materialized.

The Sealeo will be at home in this field… Torchic and Pikachu won’t get enough traction here to be able to attack correctly…

“Go Voltchik!”

“Volt!”’ the falcon shrieked. His wings were free from the ice of the previous battle; the podium had done its work.

“Voltchik use Quick Attack!”

“Sealeo stand your ground.”

The falcon sped towards the Sealeo and crashed into its side, bouncing off because of the thick blubber. Sealeo yawned slightly, unaffected by the attack.

The Sealeo’s trainer smiled and said, “Powder Snow, Sealeo!”

“Voltchik dodge and use Thunderbolt!”

Soft looking snow flew out from the Sealeo’s mouth just as Voltchik sent his attack coming. The lightning and snow crashed and exploded; both Pokémon were equally matched. Ice and dust flew across the field; Emma shielded her eyes from the stinging cold.

“Thunderwave!”

“Dodge the attack!”

Sparks enveloped the Voltchik before blasting off towards the Sealeo. Just as the attack was nearing, the Sealeo dashed off with amazing speed.

“Keep attacking it, Voltchik!”

The attacks continued to miss; the Sealeo was too fast. Holes and cracks dented the frozen pool and shards of ice littered the frozen floor.

“That’s it!” Emma gasped and commanded loudly, “Voltchik use Thunder at the center of the field!”

Voltchik began to glow a bright yellow and then a large strike of lightning hit the center of the field, sending bits of ice flying in all directions. There was an extremely large crater at the center and cracks reaching towards Emma’s and the Junior Leader’s side of the field. The Pokéball painting was completely destroyed or covered in the dust-like snow. Sealeo struggled to slide along the field now; the broken shards were beginning to take their toll on it. Trails of blood followed the Sealeo, although it was faint.

“Voltchik use Thunder on Sealeo!” Emma shouted victoriously.

“Sealeo use Powder Snow!”

A large strike of electricity flew from Voltchik and struck Sealeo before it could attack. It thrashed about, electricity coursing through its body, before collapsing on the frozen floor, sparks flying around its body.

“Good call with the Thunder,” commented the opposing trainer as he recalled his Sealeo. “You’ll be facing the gym leader next.”

Emma nodded, recalled her Voltchik and placed the Pokéball on the podium.

The frozen pool disappeared and was replaced by a pool identical to the first. There was a rectangular platform bobbing in the pool, another across the field. From the shadows stepped the gym leader, wearing a white t-shirt and the same trunks as before. He stepped onto the bobbing platform and grinned sheepishly.

“Congratulations, you’ve made it this far,” he began, “My name is Koori and I am the Ocentaport Gym Leader. Our battle will be a three-on-three, standard rules. But there’s an added twist—we battle on the platforms before us. The waters will rise a bit more and if you fall, either because you’re a klutz or because of the Pokémon attacks, the current Pokémon that is battling will be considered fainted.”

“Okay,” Emma said uneasily. She wasn’t sure about her balance; she’d never had to test it. And of course Koori had the advantage; he surfed as Emma learned before entering. The uneasy trainer stepped onto the platform that wobbled and shook, nearly sending her falling into the water. Koori smiled and the water began to rise. Emma soon regained her balance and was able to stand perfectly, although the thought of falling kept egging her mind.

“Alright then, let’s begin,” Koori said and pulled out a Pokéball. “Go Glaceon!”

The ice-type materialized at the center of the pool growling in an echo-ey voice, “Glooo.”

“Alright Pikachu, show your stuff!” Emma cried, throwing the Pokéball towards the center. Pikachu materialized on a small chunk of ice, yet didn’t lose his balance. Emma watched Glaceon and noticed the surprise that flashed across its face when it saw Pikachu.

“The first move is yours,” Koori said.

“Pikachu,” Emma hesitated, unsure of which move to use, “get on the main ice flow!”

Just as Emma said “ice” the Pikachu raced across the pool, almost flying towards the largest chunk of ice at an amazing speed.

“Icy Wind, Glaceon.”

“Dodge and use Iron Tail!”

The Glaceon opened its mouth, displaying a white row of sharp-looking teeth, and snow began to fly out towards the Pikachu. The snow and ice hit the water, freezing it to a crystal-clear surface. Pikachu leapt with great agility, muscles flexing, his tail beginning to turn a bright white. He leapt off a bit of ice and twisted so that the Iron Tail could cause more damage. Glaceon was hit square across the shoulders and was thrown into the water. There was a splash, and ripples began to make the platform wobble uncomfortably.

“Quick, use Thunderbolt!” Emma shouted.

“Get out of the water, Glaceon!” Koori cried, glaring into the dark waters.

Pikachu raced across the iceberg and dove into the water, sparks flying from its cheeks.

“No Pikachu!” Emma cried.

Where Pikachu dove, a blinding yellow light flashed and bits of lightning flew out of the water. Emma winced and struggled to maintain her balance; the electric shock was creating turbulence. Koori too was also attempting to maintain his balance, although he didn’t show as much uneasiness as Emma felt. The light faded, Glaceon floating to the surface, Pikachu dog paddling to the ice flow.

“Return Glaceon,” Koori said.

“Pikachu come on back,” Emma called. The Pokémon was shivering slightly, although he gave Emma thumbs-up and cried “Pi-Pikachu!” Emma smiled.

“Go Swinub!”

The Pokéball flew across the pool, opening right above the largest ice block. The round shaped Pokémon cried, “Swaiiiiii nub.” Emma flinched for a moment, the “nub” reminding her of Z.

The Pikachu disappeared in a beam of red light into the Pokéball in Emma’s hand. “Come on out, Torchic!”

As Torchic was materializing, attempting to fly [he was flapping his wings vigorously], Koori barked, “Earthquake.”

Emma looked at Koori with confusion; Torchic wouldn’t be hit… unless he wanted her to get hit.
The Swinub jumped and crashed into the ice berg, breaking it into smaller pieces. The energy transferred into the water sending wave after wave towards Emma and Torchic. Torchic screeched and clung on to the surface he was on while the waves came. Emma lurched and tried to maintain her balance waving her arms frantically.

“Torchic, quick use Flamethrower!” she cried.

Before the Leader could order an attack, Torchic let out a burst of flames and scored a direct hit at the Swinub. The smell of singed fur swept through the air, making Emma gag and lose her balance. She fell into the freezing waters and felt like a thousand pins pricked her all over her body. The trainer pulled herself out of the water, shivering violently and recalled Torchic.

“Swinub return!” the Gym Leader shouted.

The Pokémon was floating lifelessly in the water; the flames had melted the ice it was on. It disappeared in the red light, Koori looking somewhat anxious; he had one Pokémon left while Emma had two.

“Go Voltchik!” Emma shouted.

“Come on out Smoochum!”

The falcon screeched loudly, but the Smoochum seemed unfazed; it just smiled and winked at the bird.

“Aerial Ace, Voltchik,” Emma barked.

“Dodge and use Sweet Kiss!” Koori shouted.

Voltchik charged at the little humanoid that was busily blowing kisses.

—-
Yeah. That's all I have written. :/

Scyther

Post #20
I disagree with everyone else. It's fics like this that make me want to write.

I'm gonna tell you everything good and bad I see about the fic, respectively.

The main thing I like is how you actually described. Nobody really seems to get that concept, and that's the biggest reason the made me actually want to read on, not because I'm forcing myself to do so.

Second is that you were definitely original, with the new region, the new plot, and the new Pokemon. Be proud of that; some people seriously lack in that sort.

You switched from serious to silly seamlessly, which is also good. When you don't do that, you're writing seems choppy.

More things, which I'll notate on later also are good, but it's much easier to go on about the bad things, so let's do that.

The worst thing a writer could hear:

Sues.

Ash Ketchum's granddaughter: A little girl who stayed home an extra four years to learn about battling, but doesn't realize that flying is weak to ice.

Samuel Oak's Grandson: A boy who has an obvious crush on Ash Ketchum's granddaughter, but randomly burst out on her because he know's about a boy named Z that talked to her so he automatically assumes she's flirting and decides that they aren't friends anymore. (I do, however, have no doubt that they'll make up).

Birch's Grandson: Meets Ash Ketchum's granddaughter and realizes that they belong together, and then freaks out because she happens to have a friend that's a guy. Is a reject to society, but is totally oblivious to it.

Sorry, but it's all true. Work on that.

well, that was your biggest problem. You do, however have a few more thins to work on, such as:

They really did learn the moves way to soon. Notate in their that they learned it from a TM, or something like that.

Torchic didn't even seem unfazed when the arrived in Ocentaport, despite that he was dead-set against going there. And him going dead-set against it was out of character also. I thought he was supposed to be an inconfident wimp.

Well, I hope you build on that. Kudos. Later, chap.

(And don't let that bring you down. I thought you did very well.)

Pages: 1 2

Forum Index - Back to Your Own Fanfiction