Ask the Author

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends

Pages: First page ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Last page

Butterfree

Post #461
…um, are you sure you don't have that the other way around? The IALCOTN is the newest one that's six chapters so far; the ILCOE is the one I'm writing chapter 52 of. Obviously the IALCOTN isn't about to get finished anytime soon, and definitely not before the ILCOE, so as it stands your question doesn't really make sense. o.O

Assuming you got them switched, I'll probably be continuing with the IALCOTN once the ILCOE is done, since pretty much all major plot changes that have been planned are already accommodated in the IALCOTN so far, although I might make some more minor tweaks to the first chapters.

COMMENTARY DONE

SilverLatios47

Post #462
Ooop, I did mix them up *many headdesks*

Still waiting desperately for the next chapter.

SilverLatios47

Post #463
Well, would you ever do any major revisions of Scyther's Story or tFoaL? I think you're pretty satisfied with them though…

Still waiting desperately for the next chapter.

Butterfree

Post #464
Where did you get that idea? To quote my Fanfiction.net profile, "I was rereading [Scyther's Story] the other day and am not sure what I was on." I'm a lot happier with The Fall of a Leader, but there are still sections I'd like to reword a lot. I've toyed with the idea of rewriting Scyther's Story from scratch for NaNoWriMo 2010 (although it was never material enough for 50,000 words, but then I could use the rest of the month to fix up The Fall of a Leader or something). That would have the advantage of allowing me to post both revisions at the same time to avoid one being inconsistent with the other even if I make significant changes.

COMMENTARY DONE

Mastavida

Post #465
"No, but I speak a little bit of Danish and German and a very, very tiny bit of Japanese."

You have officially become at least ten times more awesome in my mind. I was reading through the first posts and you said you actually spoke a little /Danish/! Nobody speaks Danish…

For an actual question: When were you first introduced to Pokemon? What made you interested in it?

I apologize if this has already; I haven't really read many of the posts.

Butterfree

Post #466
Oh, Danish is mandatory in Icelandic schools. We all speak it… a little bit. And mostly despise it with a passion. :P

I was first introduced to Pokémon by my cousins in 2000. They got me to play Yellow, I fell in love with the monsters and the battle system almost immediately, and I asked for it for Christmas. The rest is history.

COMMENTARY DONE

Kitsune

Post #467
Hello again. :3

Which Pokémon do you think you are most like? Is it Alakazam? =P

Any particular philosophical ramblings you've been thinking about lately?

What're your favorite things to study in college? Least favorite?

And, this is sort of an odd question, but in which direction do Icelandic toilets flush? o=

…in my pants.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left!

Say "thug aim" out loud. Prepare to be annoyed.

Butterfree

Post #468
Which Pokémon do you think you are most like? Is it Alakazam? =P
That's what my test says, but I don't really think we have concrete enough personalities for all the different Pokémon to really determine a question like that.

Any particular philosophical ramblings you've been thinking about lately?
Mostly about everything that happens in District 9, my current obsession.

What're your favorite things to study in college? Least favorite?
Right now my least favorite subject is user interface programming, although that could change now that we're getting to the actual programming bit. Favorite, more or less everything else. These subjects are awesome.

And, this is sort of an odd question, but in which direction do Icelandic toilets flush? o=
Um, down? o_O If this is supposed to be about the water-draining-in-different-directions thing, that's a myth, and even if it were true, does it actually apply to toilets?

COMMENTARY DONE

Mastavida

Post #469
I didn't know anyone other than the Danish spoke the language. That's awesome!

Do you ever add to the IALCOTN? I haven't seen anything added to it, and I have been following this fic for a pretty long time.

Sands Buisle

Post #470
Where do you think the chapters that are there came from? But Mastavida does have a point, Butterfree, how come you haven't added a single chapter for so long?

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Butterfree

Post #471
Because as a rule, I'd rather be writing completely new stuff than rewriting the same chapters for the umpteenth time. I'm just not that excited about the IALCOTN now that the ILCOE is actually new - I've been thinking up stuff I'm going to tweak in it, but I haven't felt much motivation to actually write it in a while.

COMMENTARY DONE

Steele

Post #472
Would you ever consider doing a backstory fic like 'Scyther's Story' for Gyarados and/or Spirit?

EDIT: Oh, and could you put a capital 's' in my name, please?

"Do you think I enjoy telling you who you can screw and who you can't?" -Shadowdart

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, cause' it's already tomorrow in Australia!

Butterfree

Post #473
Huh, I did put a "change username" functionality into the forum. What do you know. (Wait, can't you access that yourself, though? Edit Options?)

Would you ever consider doing a backstory fic like 'Scyther's Story' for Gyarados and/or Spirit?
Funny you should ask. I actually started writing something like that for Spirit the other day (primarily explaining why she developed her Ghost-type powers). It would never be anywhere near as long as Scyther's Story, though; it would just be a one-shot.

Gyarados, eh, I kind of doubt it, since there isn't that much to his backstory that you don't already know, really. :/

COMMENTARY DONE

Steele

Post #474
Huh. I never knew you could do that in 'Edit Options'. And just because I've been thinking, does Iceland ever have Pokemon events? Like how America has the Jirachi event right now. Or do you get the same events as mainland Europe or something?

"Do you think I enjoy telling you who you can screw and who you can't?" -Shadowdart

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, cause' it's already tomorrow in Australia!

Butterfree

Post #475
Iceland is much too small for anyone to bother to host real-life events here. Wi-Fi events, however, can be accessed from Iceland just as from anywhere else.

COMMENTARY DONE

Kitsune

Post #476
Um, down? o_O If this is supposed to be about the water-draining-in-different-directions thing, that's a myth, and even if it were true, does it actually apply to toilets?
Aw, it's just a myth? That's no fun! >:c But since it refers to water draining, wouldn't it apply to everything, I guess?

If it's bad for Pokémon to own Pokémon, how come the Pokémorphs can?

…in my pants.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left!

Say "thug aim" out loud. Prepare to be annoyed.

Steele

Post #477
Do you like berries? Are they even readily available in Iceland? (You don't eat fruit, you gotta have something similar, 'lest you get Vitamin C deficiancy and drop dead. But the Corn Flakes work as you say…)

Butterfree

Post #478
If it's bad for Pokémon to own Pokémon, how come the Pokémorphs can?
Because they seem human. They have some Pokémon features, but they walk like humans and talk like humans, and Dave's been doing everything in his power to have them in all respects treated as human.

Do you like berries?
No.

Are they even readily available in Iceland?
Sure. We have greenhouses, plus some berries grow wild all around the country.

There's no vitamin C to speak of in corn flakes as far as I know. How I don't have scurvy is a mystery for the ages.

COMMENTARY DONE

Scytherian Poetry

Post #479
Just drink a lot of lime cordial so your body thinks its getting vitamin C.
Just on the topic of berries, do you use the berry system in the Pokemon games?
And, just in passing, who's Alan's Mum?

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"

Scyther

Post #480
^My goodness. She's already /told/ us, just not blatantly. You'll have to look it up.

Is there any particular method you use to remember your dreams? It kind of saddens me that I'm missing 1/3 of my life.

Pages: First page ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Last page

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends