Dragon styles up

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1 2

Butterfree

Post #1
So. If you haven't noticed, the Thunderyu, Volcaryu and Polaryu styles I've been talking about for ages are up. If you desperately want to continue using the Chalenor and Chaletwo styles, however, they still work if your cookie is set to one of them, and you can set it by clicking the links I just gave you.

Polaryu style took a while to get made since I got lazy with making the Polaryu sprite trace that now decorates the Polaryu style, and once I started making it, it was quite a challenge, mostly because I had to shade each of the crystals individually and I wasn't really sure exactly how to go about shading them to begin with, though I ended up doing something that I think came out pretty well. It's my favorite style now, anyhow.

Comments on the styles are of course always welcome.

COMMENTARY DONE

Pure Umbreon

Post #2
Whaa? no more Chaletwo style? T_T

Ah well, Polaryu's style is pretty close, so I won't complain. The new styles have pretty good color schemes… nothing eye hurting. The links are also not like the old Chalenor style, which I appreciate fully. Good Job Butterfree!

Click if you have the time.

SilverLatios47

Post #3
Gosh, even though bright layouts are not nice to my computer, it's hard not to use the Polaryu one. I'm probably gonna stick with Volcaryu style, though. The sprite trace of Polaryu looks so spiffy *_*

Still waiting desperately for the next chapter.

GB

(guest)

Post #4
Polaryu looks beautiful. @_@ The others look awesome, but Polaryu is definitely my favorite.

Pure Umbreon

Post #5
So I just noticed that I can keep Chaletwo style… I need to read more carefully sometime, I guess.

Click if you have the time.

Emerald Espeon

(guest)

Post #6
I love the new styles, the Polaryu trace is amazing! And I love those subtle clouds in the background of the Thunderyu one, unless they're actually not there and I'm just imagining them…

Steele

Post #7
Ooh…Nice. Volcaryu is sorta like Chalenor style, in my opinion, and Polaryu is like Chaletwo style. Thunderyu is the best though. I should read the dragon battles in each of their individual styles. (It makes it more dramatic if you read chapters in certain styles, try reading the Acaria Gym Battle in Chalenor Style)
Great job, you never dissapoint me!

"Do you think I enjoy telling you who you can screw and who you can't?" -Shadowdart

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, cause' it's already tomorrow in Australia!

Leafpool

(guest)

Post #8
Totally using Polaryu style even though I was using Chalenor before and the two are nothing alike. :V

Oh-Paching

(guest)

Post #9
Emerald Espeon: I'm pretty sure you're imagining them. XD
Anyway, I like Thunderyu style the most. The yellow is dark, which is nice, but not dark enough like Volcaryu in which you have to use bright lettering. And all the dragon pictures are awesome.

Butterfree

Post #10
No, you're not imagining them; there are subtle clouds in the Thunderyu style background.

COMMENTARY DONE

Fox McCloud

(guest)

Post #11
Volcaryu: Original with added bonuses and less eye-hurt. Great job.
Polaryu: Very similar to Chalenor, with a great color scheme.
Thunderyu: Epic. You used the perfect shade of yellow. Perfect. It matches my Yellow version now. ^_^;;

Also… Yay for cleaning up the title area.

For those who prefer it… You might want to keep the old styles up anyway. But I have no idea who would. (Maybe I'm just too used to them, lol.)

b_l_minu

Post #12
I like these a lot, they give the page a more open look. The older two layouts feel smaller.

Just one little nitpick, I think the outlines on Polaryu stand out too much, especially on the crystals on its body. Thunderyu's outlines are colored and nice, and although Volcaryu's are black they work with the dark layout.

Butterfree

Post #13
You may be right about Polaryu. I changed the outlines on the banner to the same style as Thunderyu's.

COMMENTARY DONE

Tiffano

(guest)

Post #14
Polaryu is definitely my favorite layout :} It reminds me of the Articuno style you have on TCoD.

A bit of curiosity: Do you use a tablet for these things or do you just use a mouse? :O

Butterfree

Post #15
I use a mouse, though this is all done in Illustrator, rendering that point kind of moot (that is, it consists of placing points and adjusting curves, not actually dragging the mouse to create a line).

COMMENTARY DONE

Tiffano

(guest)

Post #16
I see, haha.

puredragon222

Post #17
No, offence, and this has bothered me on the sprite too, but Volcaryu's right - our right - foot looks a little massive.

Butterfree

Post #18
I'm not sure why people keep being bothered by Volcaryu's feet when there are several real Pokémon with feet exactly like that. He has those feet as a remnant of Kangaskhan, which they originally came from in the splices. Sure, it's odd, but if it's okay on Kangaskhan, why not on Volcaryu?

COMMENTARY DONE

Tiffano

(guest)

Post #19
I don't know about you guys, but I think that massive chunk looks cute LOL. :}

Rose

(guest)

Post #20
Ooh, the new styles are nice! Great job, Butterfree! I'm keeping chaletwo though. I was just thinking "Wait! The Chaletwo style means TQFTL to me! I can't change it!" I guess I'm kinda weird like that- sometimes the smallest things become traditions to me! The dragons are very cute though. :)

Pages: 1 2

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog