Big news!

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1 2

Butterfree

Post #1
So. Today I was writing chapter 51, where as usual there is just a random scene going on and I happened to make a plot-relevant reference, and I realized that would add to the chapter plan I had (up to chapter 55), and after I added that to the plan, I… finished it. The whole plot outline, up to the end. Around half of what I wrote is stuff I pretty much just thought of while writing it, too. Basically I just went on a grand fic-plotting spree, filling in all the storyline gaps and completing the plan. (Well, okay, one chapter just says "They travel to [place] and something happens", but I'm sure I'll think of something.)

Thus, unless there are some very serious modifications, this fic will be 76 chapters in all, not counting the epilogue that will most likely be there. Chapters 71-75, like chapters 21-25 and 46-50, form a specially named five-chapter arc. My OCD is happy. :D

This also means that unlike my previous worries, I will not land myself in plot block after chapter 55 anymore, so it's pretty much just straight writing from here on!

Funnily enough, I still haven't quite polished a certain plot point in chapter 51, so I still can't run ahead to finish that chapter quite yet, but hey. At least I'm pretty giddy anyway.

COMMENTARY DONE

opaltiger

Post #2
So! What is it, half a decade (ish) in and you're two thirds done! :D

InnerDemon

Post #3
Darnit Opal! I must get first comment again. Anyways! Yay! Go Butterfree!

Bloop. No longer being as active as I was. Starcraft mapmaking and friends have become the main source of my attention. I shall be on a few times a month, but I probably won't comment stories and crap. Have fun guys and girls.

Fox McCloud

(guest)

Post #4
Win get.

Pure Umbreon

Post #5
Wow, that's just great! 76 chapters is an EPIC proportion for a fic that started when you were 12 =D

(@InnerDemon, at least you can say you beat me this time =/ )

Click if you have the time.

InnerDemon

Post #6
Hah. Gotcha babycakes Umbreon. :).
Go Butterfreee ;)

Bloop. No longer being as active as I was. Starcraft mapmaking and friends have become the main source of my attention. I shall be on a few times a month, but I probably won't comment stories and crap. Have fun guys and girls.

Steele

Post #7
NOOOOOO! WHY MUST I HAVE BEEN GON DURING AN IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT! KEEP WRITING! WHY AM I YELLING! WHATEVER!

"Do you think I enjoy telling you who you can screw and who you can't?" -Shadowdart

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, cause' it's already tomorrow in Australia!

Happy

(guest)

Post #8
Hahaha man under normal circumstances I'd say it would be weird to suddenly finish after working on it for so long, but of course there's still the IALCOTN… |DDDD And 76 is a long ways off. But nevertheless, completely AWESOME news, and I'm sure we'll all be reading diligently until the end!

Leafpool

(guest)

Post #9
I CAN'T WAIT <333

elyvorg

Post #10
Chapters 71-75 already sound like they will be epic even though I know nothing about them.

Sad is happy for deep people.

Blue Shine

(guest)

Post #11
Well, hey at ten chapters a year you'll finish in 2.5 years. I'm sure that makes you feel great.

SilverLatios47

Post #12
Hopefully we'll be able to read TQftL in those spiffy dragon layouts soon :D

Still waiting desperately for the next chapter.

Anonymous

(guest)

Post #13
Me too, but do you think we can keep Chalenor layout? I really like it

Shiny Froslass

(guest)

Post #14
Yay! Good work! I can't wait until its finished! But then again, it will be over, so I'd be sad at the same time…

ShadowDusk

Post #15
yay you might finish the fic soon.

Shadow "the GhostGirl"

Kitsune

(guest)

Post #16
76 chapters, hm? I cannot imagine what it will be like when you are finished with writing. Ah well; according to Blue Shine I won't have to worry about that for two and a half years. =3

M'fel

(guest)

Post #17
Keep up the good work, wait, scratch that, keep up the amazing work! I can't wait for the end, whatever it may turn out to be, though I'm sure it will end up more awesome than the entirety of the Star Wars series!

also, it is always nice to have an end-time estimate, otherwise this high-quality fanfic might have gotten stretched into a less-than-amazing story. and who would want that?

Caldazar Atreides

(guest)

Post #18
Yesssssssssss! This is phenomenal news! It looks like the fic will be completed in less than five years! (Getting my hopes up…)

And yes, can you please keep Chalenor style?

@lex

(guest)

Post #19
Now, how CAN you people be so glad the fic is reaching an end? This is sad beyond belief.

I can see it: one of the greatest pieces of fan fiction reaches a sappy ending with Mark and his surviving Pokémon living perfectly normal (separate) lives happily ever after; May changes her ways and personality, yet enjoying battles till the end of days. Woot.

OF COURSE, Butterfree is much too awesome to make it end that badly, isn't she? :) Oh, why can't this go on forever? :(

Leafpool

(guest)

Post #20
@lex: I keep asking myself if Butterfree might actually end the fic with the War of the Legends killing everybody and making the whole effort pointless. Now /that/ would be a depressing ending.

Pages: 1 2

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog