MoonLight

Forum Index - Back to Your Own Fanfiction

Pages: 1

56leon

Post #1
update: I'm sick of trying to keep track of nicknames! I replaced every nickname with real poke-names. If duplicate pkmn appear (which is unlikely), I will nickname the TEMPORARY DUPLICATES.

6/6: wow i'm so far! sorry for not being on. My computer needed to be repaired. And i dont have a laptop. >.<

CHAPTER 1

"Ugh," I grunted, sitting up and groping around for my glasses. I had been having nightmares for over a week now, but this one was the worst. i was about to get out of bed, when:

"AAH!" I heard my mother scream from the first floor. "No! You can't take her! You won't be able to control Lugia!"

A man laughed. I poked my head out from the staircase and saw a man with spiky cyan hair. Two guards were standing by him, and their skuntanks were standing by my mother. "Well, Elizabeth," He said, spitting my mom's name out like a sour grape. "I'm not after the so-called Sea God. My targets are how you put it, more practical."

He smiled and whipped a walkie-talkie out of his jacket. Handing it to one of his guards, he said, "Call Mars. She needs to ready ten of her best members and blockade the city. Don't let anyone in or out."

I shook my head and looked out of my bedroom window. Apparently, walkie-talkies work at the speed of light, because a red-headed woman was by the Pokemon Center, talking to Nurse Joy. She had the same suit on as the man in the house, except she had a skirt on.

My attention returned to the blue-haired man downstairs. He was pacing, apparently agitated. Suddenly, he said, "Hmm…She isn't home right now, is she? Your darling…what is it? Ivy?" I gasped, and a guard turned his head toward me. "Sir! The subject is by the stairwell!"

I panicked and ran back into my room, locking the door. Knowing that it wouldn't stop them from getting into my room, I used the bought time to grab my pokebag, glasses and poketch. I jumped out of the window, just in time to see the men barge into my room, holding my mother, who was screaming, "IVY! You can't leave! YOU DON'T KNOW YET!" I heard a thud and my mother yelped. Then silence.

CHAPTER 2

On my way to Prof. Roan, I thought about what she said. What does Lugia, the Master of the Sea, have to do with me, Ivy Kestrelle? And why did that odd, blue-haired man want me? What in the world do I not know?

I stopped in front of the Pokemon Lab in Sandgem Town. Sighing, I opened the front door and walked over to the Prof., who was talking to Sean. "Ugh, hey Sean," I said miserably.

Sean turned around and exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! Ivy! Are you OK? I heard what had happened in Twinleaf, and I was so scared for you!"

I tried to act CC&C, but when Prof. Roan asked me, "Where's Elizabeth?” I broke down and started crying.

"Bay!" I looked around, and saw that my Bayleef had gotten out of her pokeball. "Bayleef," I sighed, "What now?"

She shook her head and replied, "Don't be sad! Your mom could still be alive!" I shrugged and pulled a chocolate bar out of my bag. About halfway through my chocolate, I paused and looked at Bayleef. Trust me, if I were in an anime or manga, I would have done one of those turn-head-slowly-and-look-at-her-with-those-creeped-out-eyes kinda things. The prof. and Sean were still talking earnestly, and I called them over.

"Well, Ivy, you've had a long day," prof. Roan replied when I told him what had happened. "You probably need some sleep."

CHAPTER 3

As I walked to the Pokemon Center 2 blocks away, my thoughts kept coming back to Lugia. What had happened earlier with Bayleef? Is that connected to the Sea God himself?

As the full moon rose, I felt a strange sensation throughout my body. It was cold, like Ice Shard, but warm at the same time, like Ember. I started to shiver, and dropped my bag as I fell to the ground, clutching my head.

There were noises, lots of whispers in my head. One voice kept coming back, stronger and stronger. Don't fear power, it kept saying. Every time it said that one thing, a picture appeared in my head.

It was when I was 7, about 5 years ago. My parents and I were at the beach by Lake Valor. I was in the sea, playing with Bayleef, who was at that time a chikorita. I was out in 2-foot water, when, suddenly, a gyrados jumped out of the water and roared. My parents were terrified, but I was sitting there, clapping and laughing. When it came up to me, I giggled, but didn't step away from it. It was like it knew me.

As quickly as the voices started, they stopped. Everything was quiet again, except for the chirping kricketots and cricketunes.

I shook my head and opened my eyes. Something was wrong. Everything seemed bigger, even my bag. Suddenly, 2 young trainers exited the Pokemon Center just ahead.

"Hey Rory, look!" said the one with bright blue eyes and sandy hair, who was pointing at me. "What kind of pokemon is that?" I tried to yell at them to stop making up stories, but before I could, Rory, the one with emerald eyes and red hair, said, "Um, Thomas? My pokedex says that it's an eevee."

I stood up, startled, and looked down at my legs. Sure enough, I was looking at two brown paws in front, and two paws behind me. "No!" I yelped, but since I was an EEVEE, they probably just heard, "Ee!"

My bag was right next to me, and an idea popped into my head. Placing my paws on my only two occupied pokeballs, I called out the names of my pokemon. Bayleef popped out of the green pokeball, and out of the red one appeared a large dog-like pokemon with black stripes. "Hey, Arcanine! We need to get out of here! Can you carry me while I get used to this body? Bayleef can carry my bag."

Arcanine wagged his tail and replied, "Yup! I'll carry you until you can walk by yourself!" I sighed a breath of relief and helped Bayleef put the bag around her neck. Just as we were heading off, however, Thomas grabbed an Ultra Ball out of his pocket and threw it at me. "Poke Ball, GO!"

"Oh gosh, I'm gonna get caught!" I thought, panicking. When the ball hit me, though, I became surrounded with a blue force field and the ball just bounced off. "Darn it," Thomas cursed, "It already belongs to somebody."

I laughed and jumped up onto Arcanine's back. "Hi ho Silver and AWAY!" I cried, while he mumbled, "Oh great. I get stuck with the Lone Ranger. Where's Tonto when I need him?"

yeah, I see what you mean, but I'm not that good with fakemon. I'm trying to add some later on, though. Most likely I'll be able to in this chapter. (Trying to make my own, not using anyone else's)

CHAPTER 4

About an hour later, we were camping around an old Oran forest, discussing the day's events, and getting Arcanine catched up.

"I suppose this isn't a dream," I said. Bayleef snorted and replied, "You THINK? I mean no duh it isn't a dream, after you PINCHED YOURSELF A HUNDRED TIMES BY THE TIME WE GOT HERE!" I shrugged and licked my left paw.
"Well," Arcanine said after we were done eating our berries. "The sun's almost up, so I guess we'd better head back to the Lab." Bayleef and I agreed, and we got up.

I motioned to Arcanine and said, "Since I'm stuck as an eevee, I'd might as well learn how to walk like one." Arcanine sighed in relief.

By the time we got to the Lab, the last sliver of moon was barely showing behind Mt. Coronet. I was completely exhausted (being small is harder than you think!), and was thankful when Prof. Roan's lab assistant kept the door open so the lab could cool down.

Sean was sitting down by the Prof., and kept saying things like, "Where could she have gone?" and "Could Cyrus have taken her?” I tried to say, "Hey! I'm an eevee! Look at my shiny coat and bushy tail!", but they took no notice of me.

Finally, I went to drastic measures, walked up to the Prof., and lifted up a back leg.

Prof. Roan looked down, saw me, and yelped, "NO! Bad eevee! These are my new shoes!" I smiled inwardly. Jumping up on the table, I motioned Bayleef to come over and drop the bag on the table.

I THOUGHT that would explain everything, but nooo, Prof. Roan thought I was a wild eevee and said, "Scram!" Sean, though, said, "Wait! That's Ivy's bag! And that means that that's Bayleef!"

Wow, pokemon professors can be so daft (it means idiotic. ;)) sometimes. He said, "Well it certainly is, but Ivy never had an eevee, did she? And wild eevees don't live in Sinnoh!"

I groaned and realized that they would never figure it out. I looked at Bayleef, who shrugged, and jumped off of the table, walking out of the lab with my tail in the air.

Then a thought hit me. That conversation that the cyan-haired man, most likely named Cyrus, had with my mother came to mind. A question bugging me earlier had been:

If, like mom said, I could somehow summon Lugia, then what "practical purposes" would Cyrus have wanted?

I gasped and realized that he had disrupted the peace of Twinleaf Town because of me. Because of my power. Because I could talk to pokemon, and because that I an ability nobody else had: transformation.

CHAPTER 5

Five hours later, which happened to be around 10 in the morning, I woke up from behind a dumpster in an alley that I slept in (the alley, not the dumpster!), to find that I had safely turned back into a human, but with a brown coat with a white fluffy collar, and a pair of brown pants with white bell-bottoms. Heh, I still looked like an eevee.

Unfortunately, I was also in Twinleaf. Cyrus and Mars were still at my home, guarding my mother, and Officer Jenny had been tied up along with her!

Cursing my bad luck, I walked out onto the sidewalk and "casually" walked to the Pokemon Center. Fortunately for me, Bayleef and Arcanine had gotten back in their pokeballs before I fell asleep.

Slowly and 'inconspicuously', I entered the Pokemon Center and walked up to the PC. Typing in my password, (which is NOT "password"! *shifty eyes*) I decided to pick up my eevee.

Now if you remember Prof. Roan saying that there are no wild eevees in Sinnoh, he's right. My father, before he died, had taken a business trip to Johto, where a lot of rare pokemon live, like the legendary Red Gyrados. When he came home, however, he had a little golden pokeball with him, a gift from his friend, Prof. Oak. Inside was a baby eevee, and when my dad gave it to me, it was like we knew each other. My father, though, made me promise NEVER to tell anyone that I have one, which I did promise, which is why Prof. Roan doesn’t know.

ANYWAY, I took out Eevee from my PC and decided to have some fun going incognito.

As soon as I left the Pokemon Center and was free from Littleroot Town, I hid in the woods and decided to try out my new powers. Sending out all of my pokemon, I said to them, "Watch this!" In my mind, I kept saying to myself, "Giratina, Giratina," and when I transformed, POOF! I was…

CHAPTER 5 1/2

A GROWLITHE?! "Aw come on!" I moaned. "Hey Ivy," Bayleef said. "Maybe, since you used to have a growlithe, and you DO have an eevee, your powers are connected to your pokedex! Or, maybe, you aren't experienced enough to turn into more powerful pokemon?"

I groaned. What was the use of superpowers if you can't turn into an all-powerful pokemon? "Well," I said, "Let's hope it's the latter."

Suddenly, a rustling sound was heard from the East, toward Sandgem. "HEY! IVY!" I heard a male voice call. I jumped. Who was that, and how did they know my name? Feeling oddly comforted, I yelled, "Over here!" From a bush nearby, a little yellow head poked out. "Hey Ivy! What’s up?"

It was Sean's pikachu.

CHAPTER 6

"Whoa! Stop the presses! Ivy, is that really you?!" Pikachu cried. I nodded. "Dang," he said, pawing at his ear. "Well, at least you're alive, right?" I sighed and looked hopelessly at Bayleef.

A few akward minutes later, out of the same bush that his pikachu came out of, Sean arrived. I was still a growlithe, but at least I was used to it, and so was Pikachu.

"Oh, hey there, little growlithe? Where's your owner?" He picked me up, looked around and saw Bayleef and Arcanine, ready to kill him if necessary.

Fortunatley, that WASN'T necessary, for all he did was pick me up and cradle me in his arms. "You must be Ivy's," he said. I untensed and laid peacefully in his arms. It felt good.

Ironically, they were warm. You'd think that to a fire-type, they would be as cold as ice, lolz.

After a minute or two, I felt very relaxed, and that was when the trouble started. I felt my self starting to turn (into a human, that is), and tried to get out of his arms.Sean set me down, but it was too late.

Laying in fetal position, I felt myself grow.

CHAPTER 7

"IVY! What the HECK were you THINKING?!" I shrank back as Sean went on. We were still in the woods. This time, I was wearing an orange jacket with black stripes and white collar, and the same color-schemed pants.

"Why didn't you tell me? We're BEST FRIENDS!"

"OH, right," I retorted, my anger boiling. "Like I could go up to you and say, 'Oh, Sean, I can TURN INTO POKEMON!' Like you'd believe me anyway!" Sean flinched, apparently stung by the insult.

I looked down at the ground where I was sitting, ashamed of myself for yelling at him. But he deserved it, I told myself. Somehow, though, I couldn't believe it.

"Well, then. I guess I have to believe you now," Sean said, nervously laughing. "I mean, how else could a growlithe turn into my best friend?"

Suddenly turning serious again, he said, "And that's why I need to get you out of Sinnoh. With Team Galactic on the rise, Cyrus will get you eventually if you stay here. We need to get you somewhere where there aren't any dangerous 'teams' to use your powers. We need to go to the Santo Region."

I gasped. The Santo Region was where my father had left to go to before he went missing. If I go there, not only would I be escaping, I might also find my father! "OK," I agreed. Returning, Bailey, Eevee, and Arcanine, I hastily grabbed my bag. It was time to go.

CHAPTER 8

"Well," I sighed. "I guess Santo is a no-no." We were at the ferry station. Apparently, the earliest time was in an hour, and all of the tickets were sold out.

"Hey, Ivy! Look over there!" Entertaining some guests out on the beach was a family of Dewgongs, and a baby Seel. I looked at Sean, and he nodded. Casually walking over to the Dewgong family, I whispered to them, "Do you mind giving my friend here a ride?" The Female snorted. "Sorry," she said airily, "But we don't give rides to Claspers."

"To what?" I was confused. A Clasper? Was that what I was? "Yes, your type. You Claspers are always bullying us around. Why don't you turn yourelf into a sudowoodo and leaf?" The Male snorted.

I silently cursed at them and stormed back to Sean. "Great," he growled when I told him what happened. "Hey!" he said suddenly. "Why don't you try turning into a Milotic, and you can carry me?"

I shrugged and we ran to a secluded part of the beach. After turning into a Milotic, Sean tried to get onto me, but I was crushed by his weight. "Geez, Sean. Too many burgers, maybe?"

Sean blushed. Turning back into myself, I said, "Maybe we can swim there."

All was well, and we were crossing the Sinto Ocean (named after the fact that it connects Sinnoh and Santo), me as a Feraligatr, Sean holding onto me as himself (no duh). Suddenly, the SS Milotic, the Ferry to Santo, zoomed past, creating waves as tall as a Palkia or Giratina.

These waves sent us under the water, and Sean lost his grip. Silently screaming, he sunk to the ocean floor. I tried to reach him, but I ran out of breath and had to resurface.

This time, I tried to reach him as a Gyrados. Success! I got to the bottom, but couldn't find him anywhere!

"Uh, Ivy? Are you there? I think a clamperl swallowed me up. I can breathe, but can't see a thing!" I was startled to hear Sean's voice underwater, but I followed it anyway.

When I reached the area of his voice, there was no Clamperl in sight, but one solitary pokemon.

"Um, wow." I said, bubbles exiting my mouth. "What? What happened?" Sean asked. I tried to stifle a giggle. "Well, Sean, it's either my imagination, or you're a Lanturn."

Silence.

Then a scream.

CHAPTER 9

"Hey Sean, don't worry, you're not blind. I mean, Lanturns live in deep water, so instead of eyesight, they use electromagnetic pulses emitted from other pokemon, as well as echolocation, to find pokemon and avoid objects." Sean breathed a sigh of relief as he flipped in the water. "Oh wow!" he cried, "I can't see, but I feel everything around me!"

Then he stopped. "Wait. Did you turn me into a pokemon?" I realized then that I didn't. "That means," he said, "that I'm a Clasper too!" I was surprised. Him? a CLASPER?

Happy for him, I said, "Why don't you turn into something less blind, like a relicanth." He nodded and tried to turn, but after he tried, all he got was a magikarp. "Happens to everyone," I told him. "I tried to turn into a Giratina earlier, but all I was was a growlithe."

After he was finally successful in turning into a Relicanth, we headed again toward Santo. We swam by the Ferry, and got bombarded by Pokefood that the tourists threw to us.

About 4 hours later, we were at Santo. After Sean and I turned back into ourselves (with our new clothes that look like the pokemon we turned into), we walked about 10 minutes to the city the Ferry had dropped the tourists off of. It was nearly deserted there when we reached it. We stopped at a kiosk and got a free map of Santo.

"Hmm…Doublecrest Town. This must be the first town that people come to on their Pokemon journey, because here, look. Right over there is the Pokemon Center, and across from that is the Pokemon Lab like the one at Sandgem." Sean said after scanning the map barcode into his Poketch. Sure enough, a large sign that said POKEMON LABORATORY was hanging over the door of what I had mistaken for a tavern.

Entering the lab, I caught sight of a woman, about 20-ish with red hair, typing rapidly into a computer. "Hi there."

She seemed startled when she heard me, but after she looked at me, she hissed, "Get out. NOW. I don't allow you or ANY of your kind in here."

Before she could get another word out, I said, "Yeah yeah, a family of Dewgongs told me that earlier. I need help."

"Since I'm here," I told Sean, "I'd might as well look for my dad. He may still be alive." Turning back to the lady, I told her, "My father, about 6 years ago, dissappeared after he was sent here for some reason. I'm looking for him. Do you know anyone by the name of Ashton Kestrelle?"

As soon as she heard that name, her face turned pale white, but recolored just as quickly. "Yes, I've heard that name before. No, I don't know where he is. He was, how do you say, a colleague of mine. You are Ivy, yes? He talked a lot about you. He said that if you ever came to Santo, to give you something. By the way, I'm Prof. Maple."

The lady, excuse me, PROF. MAPLE started looking through her papers ferociously. Finally, she stopped and cried, "AHA!"

"Here it is, Ivy. It may be wrinkled, but it's still legible."

CHAPTER 10: THE PROPHECY

The ink on the paper could be hardly described as legible, so Prof. Maple had to search her PC for a typed copy. When she found it it read:

SANTO REBORN

The Initial Step will lead you to
Someone that you least expect,
Someone near and dear to you,
And someone who may misdirect.

From eons past and eons gone
Birthed from the power of the Tower Rods
Two whose might is always One
Heavenly gift from the Feuding Gods

From past to present opposing sides
the North and South plotting the other's demise
Ever in Battle but never collide
Waiting for the One to arise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well," I said after I finished reading it. "it sounds like a riddle, or some sort of prophecy." Sean replied, "Yeah but what does it mean?" Prof. Maple stood up and beckoned us to the coffee table by the PC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat down and dissected the poem one by one, each coming up with some sort of answer.

The Initial Step: the 1st step, duh. But it sounds like they're trying to imply something else

least expect: one person who will be unexpected that helps us?

near and dear: someone we know?

misdirecting somebody: a traitor? maybe a triple-crosser who will misdirect our enemy (whoever that is)

eons past eons gone: fairly simple (we hope), a pokemon from long ago

birthed from Tower Rods: um, well…no clue. maybe some legendary Rod Tower in Santo? gotta ask Maple

Two whose might is 1: sounds sort of like Dialga and Palkia. Maybe 2 legendary Santo pkmn? again, ask Maple

Heavenly Gift: sounds like Clasping, but how would my dad know?

opposing sides: well DUH. good vs. evil. Its been around as long as toasted bread!

North South Demise: maybe the N and S are Good and Bad?

Battle no collide: sorta like the Cold War between Magma and Aqua? no fighting just tension?

waiting for 1 to arise: well, a "chosen one" to save the day or something?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After finishing our hypotheses, we asked Prof. Maple about the Tower Rods and the Two as One stuff.

"Well," she said, "There's a legend about two pokemon who evolved from eevees. One lived in Pure Tower, while the other lived in Shadow Tower. One day, both of those eevees stumbled across a hidden chamber in those Towers. In those towers were magnificent gold and silver Power Rods. When these eevees touched these rods, the pokemon absorbed the power from them and evolved. The Shadow Eevee absorbed the dark aura from the Silver Power Rod and evolved into Bladesseon. The Light Eevee took the Pure Aura from the Golden Power Rod and turned into Laeon. Unfortunately, Bladesseon was cruel from the start, and the power fueled his hatred. He attacked the pokemon of Santo. Only when Laeon intervened did the destruction stop. Then, one day, a cruel man by the name of Dante stumbled onto the lair of the sleeping Bladesseon. Dante awakened Bladesseon and vowed that he would help take over Santo. Sneaking over to the castle of Laeon, he brought forth a poisoned dagger, and was poised to strike the legendary down, when a voice stopped him. A young mew was at the mouth of the castle, and when she saw the man ready to kill Laeon, she called out to her. 'Laeon,' she said, 'wake up, for you are in deep danger'. The man was paralyzed, and couldn't do anything but watch in horror as Laeon awakened. When she saw the evil in the man's heart, she knew that Bladesseon was already awake. She thanked the mew, but let the man live, knowing that after Bladesseon was defeated, the mean would become ashamed and repent. Hurrying to the Shadow Tower where Bladesseon lived, she was confronted by a terrible sight: 1 million soldiers, everything from absols to zubats. Even though her powers were beyond comprehension, she knew that she would need all of her strength to defeat Bladesseon. Calling upon the Messengers of the Wind, Pidgeot and Staraptor, she sent word of the army to Lugia and Ho-oh. When the two Johto legendaries found out, they sent for Amelia Ketchum. The young girl was sent to Santo, with a gift for Laeon. That gift was the ability to transfer the powers of any pokemon to herself, like Clasping. When Amelia returned, however, to Santo, Laeon was nowhere to be found. Finally, after locating Laeon, she gave him the Gift. Grateful, Laeon was able to defeat Bladesseon."

"Unfortunately," Prof. Maple continued, "Laeon was fatally injured after her battle. Laying on her deathbed, she transfered her powers back to Ho-oh and Lugia. They recieved it back, but the Oracle Mew told them that the Gift would be needed again. With that, they gave it to Amelia Ketchum, and exclaimed that if it were ever to be needed again, her powers would be transfered to the Chosen One of her kin."

TBC (what a waste of a perfectly good chapter!)

Sands Buisle

Post #2
Looks promising!

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Sands Buisle

Post #3
Looks interesting, when turned into a pokemon though, I was expecting a fakemon.

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Pages: 1

Forum Index - Back to Your Own Fanfiction