Thoughts

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1 2

Butterfree

Post #21
All right, I'll let it drop, though I think you might want to try and come up with an alternate explanation in a later revision. After all, CM is something that takes a while to set up.
Yeeah, that ended up not being thought quite through. Probably because I was jumping between several explanations while writing the chapter and sort of came up with the Calm Mind thing halfway through. But oh, well; the good thing about being me is that there's always another revision in which to fix it.

(BTW using Unown as a spam confirmation pokémon is a little confusing; it's not clear whether you just want "unown" or "unown *letter*" as an answer.)
Yes, people seem to complain about that a lot. It is just "Unown", for the record, and the only Unown it will ever show is Unown A, much as with any other Pokémon that has different forms; it's always just the name of the Pokémon.

The problem is there is no good way to indicate that I mean a generic Unown with just one sprite, so I guess the only good way out of this would be to make it generate a new random number if it lands on Unown.

COMMENTARY DONE

Oh-Paching

(guest)

Post #22
Wait, is this a serious question? Or is it just a spiral of sarcasm?

If it is a serious question, my suggestion is don't even rewrite the story. Save you some trouble.

Butterfree

Post #23
It's a spiral of sarcasm from a positive answer to a serious question as an argument for why the answer should probably be no.

There will always be rewrites. That's just how I am. The question is about how much said rewrites should change, and the entry was basically an argument for why the fact the actual plot starts in the middle can't really be changed.

COMMENTARY DONE

Steele

Post #24
Phew. Scyther is in. (If you cut him out it wouldn't make much sense anyway, with all the spin-offs) Why did I ask inane questions that had already been asked? Eh. I was tired, if I didn't mention it. My brain wasn't working right. (God, I should stop staying up 'till three)

"Do you think I enjoy telling you who you can screw and who you can't?" -Shadowdart

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, cause' it's already tomorrow in Australia!

Rose

(guest)

Post #25
Don't you dare rewrite this thing again. The plot needs the buildup before it. I mean, without all of the stuff before the actual Quest, the story would seem… flat. There wouldn't be the thing with Eevee/his evolution, and I think that that, along with about a million other things, would be royally screwed up. Just keep moving forward as you do now- It's fun! ^_^

Butterfree

Post #26
Of course I'm going to rewrite it again; that's what I do. But since everyone seemed to have missed it, the whole point of this article was to say I'm not going to cut off everything before the Pokémon Festival.

COMMENTARY DONE

Pages: 1 2

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog