Chapter 51 up

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1 2

chaoslugia

Post #21
Chapater 51 is up? Wow, I should read that chapater after I get through 49 and 50.

Leafpool

(guest)

Post #22
Who the hell managed to catch Arceus? o.o

Butterfree

Post #23
Nobody. Arceus, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina normally exist outside of this universe (barring special occasions like those seen in the games and movies) and are therefore uninvolved with the War of the Legends; the Destroyer isn't draining them and they won't go mad.

COMMENTARY DONE

Venomoth

(guest)

Post #24
(Incredibly lucky that my anti-spam Pokémon was a Venomoth…) Is Leah somewhat interesting for you to write? It would be beneficial for her inclusion in the fic if she was somewhat interesting to you, as you seem compelled to write more about interesting characters than the opposite. Although, obviously how much she is included would depend on you, so it probably would not matter whether she was interesting or not if you do not plan for her to be a recurring character.

Butterfree

Post #25
I enjoyed writing her, but as the plan stands she will not appear again except at most as a cameo. That might change, though, since there is a role currently planned for another character that I could end up using her in.

COMMENTARY DONE

Emerald Espeon

(guest)

Post #26
You said before that there was a certain plot point in this chapter that you couldn't wrap your head around or figure out how to make happen or something…what was it?

Butterfree

Post #27
Just some details of the Chosen subplot that needed to be smoothed out.

COMMENTARY DONE

puredragon222

Post #28
It moved a little fast, and after becoming accustomed to basically nothing more than League battles, it seemed a little sudden and plot-ey for me, although this could just be as it came after filler League chapters which didn;t really use The War of the Legends.

opaltiger

Post #29
I enjoyed writing her, but as the plan stands she will not appear again except at most as a cameo. That might change, though, since there is a role currently planned for another character that I could end up using her in.

A shame. I think her more interesting than most throwaway characters.

Venomoth

(guest)

Post #30
Since you mentioned that the only legendaries left would be Mew, the Waraider Herd and the Color Dragons, I could not resist but ask if you think that the Color dragons are as well thought-out (in design, concept or both) as the Ouenn dragons (Thunderyu, Volcaryu, Polaryu).

Would you plan on adding different fic art for them, keeping them the same or otherwise (since you have planned the entirety of the fic's content) designating them to the deal-with-it-in-IALCOTN pile?

Butterfree

Post #31
No, the Color Dragons are pretty much just basic designs and a rough concept with a brief backstory. I'm definitely doing something with them in the IALCOTN, but I'm not sure yet precisely what; it does feel kind of lame to have two sets of Western dragon-based legendaries, but I'm not sure coming up with yet other Ouen legendaries to replace them would do a lot of good.

The ILCOE, on the other hand, will just have them in their current form, lameness and all. There's enough lame stuff in the ILCOE already for it to not really make much of a difference.

COMMENTARY DONE

Scytherian Poetry

Post #32
You could base them on the Chinese lung dragon instead. Or a Wyvern.

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"

elementalpenguin

(guest)

Post #33
I, for one, really enjoyed this chapter. I'd been hungry for some plot exposition in relation to the legendaries for quite some time - especially Spirit and Gyarados. It was really nice to see the Chosen aspect finally explained in full.

I've also always enjoyed seeing Spirit, since May used to be so connected to her but they have entirely different ideals now. Although I didn't see immediately how Entei ignored Spirit, upon seeing your comment I went back and reread the chapter, and that too was interesting. Especially intriguing was the point at which Entei went into Spirit's necklace - he was thinking of her merely as a hideaway - a deposit box, if you will. And she didn't get that all it seemed, she was just in her usual reverential awe.

I also really felt bad for Gyarados in this chapter. He had a really harsh life, and it was only for Suicune's benefit - along with the revelation that the legendaries are in fact not deities, his whole life has been miserable just for this one strong creature. And Spirit's life hasn't been as harsh, but her situation is the same as Gyarados's essentially, but I think her naivete has changed her perception. All in all, I really enjoyed all the plot of this chapter. True, it was fast paced, but it was a nice interruption of the league, and it added to Mark's off-balance feeling he's been having. I've always really enjoyed the plot of TQftL, a lot of the time more than the battles.
Seeing Fury's book was also great. He's really amusing at times.

Pages: 1 2

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog