The Legend of Trogen

Forum Index - Back to Your Own Fanfiction

Pages: 1

Scyther

Post #1
Chapter 1
BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Max's hand numbly searched around his windowsill for his Nintendo DS, whose alarm was steadily getting louder. He found it, eventuually, and it took him even longer to find the little switch that controlled the volume. Once that was turned down, Max promised himself he would get up and ready for school in five minutes. Once that time was up, Max promised himself he would get up in another five minutes…..then another five minutes after that…

"Gah!"

Max felt the air rush through his hair as he fell off his bed. He attempted to open his eyes, but the light was blaring.

"Max! It's time for school!"

Max reconized the high, sqeaky voice of his little brother. Of course he was excited to school, after all, he is ten, and today was the day of the Pokemon program at school. Max stood up, too tired to wrestle with Edward.

Max got dressed and slumped into the bathroom. He grabbed one of the colorful toothbrushes and stuck it into his mouth, and scrubbed furiously.

In the mirror, Max saw his torso reflected flawlessly. He had pitch dark hair that covered most of his ears. Max also had well suited green eyes that complimeted his almost angular features nicely. In fact, in most schools, Max would be adored for his good looks, but this was outweighed by his tendancy to think and act differently then evreyone else. Max had also never felt the need to go on a Pokemon journey either.

Its not as if it was for a specific reason, just that he didn't have any intrest. He loved Pokemon and all, just he didn't really enjoy competitive battiling at all. His parents, for some reason, thought there was something wrong with him, and Max saw no reason why. There were lots of people who decided not to become trainers. Neither of them ever became trainers, so Max had no clue why they were so pushy. Maybe Edward leaving would cause them to ease up. But then again, that might make them try even harder.

Max spit out the toothpaste into the sink, wiped off his mouth,then stepped out of the bathroom, nearly into Edward, who sat on the floor eagerly.

"Are you ready to go yet?" Edward asked in an annoying, overeager way.

"One moment, Edward," Max then walked over to the freezer, and pulled out a frozen waffle. When he turned around, he nearly hit Edward again, because he was so close to him.

"Gr, Edward, go away!" Max yelled in his attempt at a ferosious voice. Once Edward steeped back two inches, Max proceeded past the toaster and sat at the kitchen table. Then he took a bite of the rock-hard waffle. Of course, just at that time, his father came down the stairs.

"Max! Are you eating that waffle raw?" He asked as if Max eating a waffle mortally offended him.

Max was pretty sick of this attitiude, so he said the word 'yep' with the greatest amount of spite he could, then took another bite.

Max's father just gave a look that Max couldn't really interpret then said, "Well then, Edward, today's the big day! Are you ready to start your journey?"

Edward nodded, Max's dad gave a few more words of encouragement, then they all piled into the SUV. Edward kept rambling onto himself about which Pokemon he was going to choose, the whole way to school. Max knew what Pokemon he was going to choose, a Charmander, like all normal kids his age choose.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Trogen was a large, seaport country, Kanto was to the South, Sinnoh to the West. Most of the population was at the East, in the coastal plains, where the commerce thrived. However, the climates really did vary. To the west, it was mostly tropical and held a large biodiversity. To the north, it was an icy wasteland, but was supposebly rich in oil. In the ocean were some islands, the largest of all being the CHampion Arcipeligo, where the Pokemon Leauge ended.

The major cities in Trogen were shaped in a giant C. Monshick City, where Max lived, was at the very top right of the C, right next to the ocean. West to Monshick City was Seeleo City, where the first reccomended Gym was. They went on like that, until the lowest right corner Sunnyshore Town where the final Gym was.

Monshick City was overly populated, which is probably because of the amount of adults who flocked here because of the lack of Pokemon trainers. There was not an inch of the many beaches not covered by docks of the fishing or trade industries, and there was always some construction going on. The word 'Monshick' was accually a group of settlers that came from Kanto to colonize the regions of Sinnoh and Monshick. However, back when that happened, Trogen spoke their native language, and they called this place 'New Kanto', and it stuck, even after the colinization was over.

Edward sprang out of the sports utility vehicle, and Max said goodbye to father and slid out after him.

School generated an aura of despair, even looking at it could make one bored. It had a horribble pale-on-pale colorscheme that no one could get used to, posters on the wall that evreyone over the age of two had outgrown, an Max swore that the teachers went out of their way just to make the whole process more boring. Max also swore that the superintendent only chose the teachers with the dull, monotone voices.

But there were ways to survive in this wilderness. Maria, Max's best friend, had also opted not to go on a journey either. Max secretly had feelings for her, but never said so because he was afraid a relationship would ruin there close friendship.

The thirteen year old and the ten year old split up right inside the door, Max going left, to the upper school, and Edward going right, to the lower school.

Max arrived in Mr.Patinski's homeroom about three minutes late. He took his usual front seat, the one the studious Maria had forced him to take.

"Thank you for joining us, Mr. Brawd."

"Sorry Mr. Patinski, it was just-"

"I don't want to here it, Mr. Brawd"

Max became silent and pulled out his Geography book, even though this was Algebra.

"Now class, as you all probably know, today is the day of the Pokemon Program at school. Today we are going to go there and help the younger students choose good Pokemon based on our extra knowladge. Also, if any of you signed up for the program this year, you will be recieving your Pokemon too."

It was obvious to Max that no one from this grade was going to the Pokemon program. They had already made their decision. 'What the hell does helping ten year olds have to do with Math class?' Max thought.

The screeching of chairs as they scratched across the linoleum rang through the air. Max joined Maria and they walked down the halls, into the large group room, trying to determine the degree of stupidity this was, together.

Inside the room, however, was an amazing sight. Pokemon of evrey color and spectrum were around room. Some were in pools, others crowded around a tiny heater, some even in the air. Max was in shock, and apprently Maria was too, as she store in shock, her eyes buldging out. About five seconds passed, when Max said "Oh, crap!" and looked around for a place to hide.

"Max," Maria began, "What are you doing?"

But it was too late. Up came Edward, and Max could do nothing.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Max!"

Max sighed. Maria did nothing to but adore Edward. Max didn't get why. Edward wasn't cute in the slightest.

"This is so cool! How you're here! And me! Can you like video tape this or something?"

"Video tape…with….what?"

"Don't worry, I'll record it for you, little cutie!" Maria squeled, pulling out her cell phone. For some reason, Max felt weird.

Before he could make anything of it, Edward grabbed Max's arm and pulled him along.

And so Max was pulled along to look at evrey exibit in the room, Maria not far behind recording evrey moment of it. She seemed to find it highly amusing whenever he went into a pen with a Pokemon, except for once, the only time Max found it funny. Let's just say it involved an angry Piplup.

Eventually, it came time to make a decision. Edward's first choice was a Charmander, as Max expected. But, they were all gone. Then he was pulled over to the Pikachu's. They were all gone, too, and Edward seemed close to tears. He even sniffed a bit. Then Maria put down her cell phone, and went all conforty. Max figured he might as well help.

"Ed, are those your only two choices? No. There are lots of other Pokemon here, and, really, statly, there a lot better" Max said. But Edward just turned his head away.

"Hey now," Max began, "What would Ash Ketchum do?" This got his attention. "He didn't choose Pikachu. In fact, he didn't like Pikachu at all. But did you see what he grew up to?"

To anyone but a fith-grader, this would have probably been offensive. The fact of the matter was, Ash Ketchum had died at the age of sixteen. Rumor had it that he was killed in a fight with a Legendary Poekmon, but Max knew better than to believe these types of things. However, this brightened Edwards view of the matter considerably.

Now, Edward was taking it all the wrong way. Now he was determined to choose the Pokemon he least liked. So, he got a Teddiursa.

Edward recieved a belt and six Pokeballs. He took one of the Pokeballs and tapped ithe against Teddiursa, and he, Maria, and Max watched in amazement as it dissapeared into red light.

This is when Edward forgot entirely about his older brother and his adorer, and ran off into the crowd. Max and Maria also walked away, into the halls, as it was time for study hall. This was the time they went to the library and basicly just chatted, that is, when the nasty, stereotypical librian wasn't around. On the way there, Max asked, "Hey, you're still going to the eclipse this weekend, right?"

"No, Max, I randomly decided to cancel without telling you."

"Then its a date."

Maria kicked him in the shin and walked away sheepishly. Max smiled, though he was tearing up in pain.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sands Buisle

Post #2
Interesting, it's quite funny at several points. It is certainly not what you expect from a pokemon story, it would be interesting to see where it's going.

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Scyther

Post #3
Darn BB code, making me edit my story. New chapter soon, I promise.

And SandStormBuisle! Don't change your post just because I'm constantly reviewing yours! But thanks, though.

Scyther

Post #4
Wah! My charecters are flat, my speeling is horrible, I have a severe lack of description…… That's it. I'm starting again. Not like there's anyone reading this..<<

56leon

Post #5
no no dont start again! All you have to do is edit it, like a v.1.5 or something! It's really good, BTW. I like how you mix in the "human world" stuff that nobody expects in a pokemon fanfic like algebra and the DS with a pokemon world. It's really exciting! BTW, isn't Ash like, 17 in Pokemon DP Galactic whatever TV series? IS HE ALREADY DEAD?! OMG THE GHOST OF KETCHUP PAST!

>.< pikachu luvs ketchup

Scyther

Post #6
Editting was my original plan. However, I've edditted it so much, it's like I rewrote it.

My 'editting' is going horrible by the way. When I came back here to read TQftL for inspiration, I suddenly relized the first chapter was titled 'Ultimatum' and it was about a teacher yelling at Max. Hmph.

However, 56leon, I appreciate yur critism. The people on Serrebii seem to disagree with you though…<.<

Sands Buisle

Post #7
Answering 56leon's question:
Every league + something is a year (1st season + Orange Islands = 1 year, Jhoto + Whirl Islands = 1 year, Hoen + Battle Frontier = 1 year ext., just so you know).

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Scyther

Post #8
THis is completly random, but what does 56leon mean anyway?

Wah. I'm hungry.

And so this isn't spam, I would like to state, yes, Ash is dead. Consider this an AU or something.

56leon

Post #9
uum…56leon is actually noel65. The 65 is random, but Noel is what I call myself in my pokemon games (when I'm not Dawn, lol)

omg ash is dead! lol i can see Misty May and Dawn trying to strangle eachother for him ^.^;;

BTW, that would make Ash 17 now, SSB.

12+OI+J+H+S+…oh nvm I thought of 12+Kanto at first…he's only 16.

Sands Buisle

Post #10
Actually, Ash is 14, he got Pikachu when he was ten, it very clearly states that!

56leon

Post #11
er..thats wierd, cause I always thought…nvm, you're right. My mistake. I thought he started his journey at 12, but I guess not. >.<

Scyther

Post #12
Well, people, I have decided to write another fanfiction.

I will, however, continue writing this when I get the chance, however, I don't thinking my writing style is good enough for the plot I have in mind here, so I think I'll try to get in more practice. Thanks for reading, it'll be be back soon. Promise.

Pages: 1

Forum Index - Back to Your Own Fanfiction