This section applies to the ILCOE.
...The Quest for the Legends was a published work of fiction with a sizable fanbase of its own?
This section is a humourous take on what things would be like if this were the case. This is just for fun, so ignore the fact it's Pokémon fanfiction and would thus never be published. If you really need it to be logically possible, just imagine it was not copyright infringement to publish fanfiction, the fic was actually finished and that somehow a publisher actually thought it was publish-worthy.
Oh, and this section does poke fun at online fandoms, shipping, etc. It's not meant to offend, so please don't take it that way. We all need to laugh at ourselves sometimes, don't we?
This section contains no spoilers for the ILCOE, but quite a few little teasers.
- I would be tearing my hair out over how bad it is two weeks after it's out, yelling at the publisher to recall all sold copies and attempting to get a scientist to invent some pills that make people forget everything they've read so they can read the next version instead.
- I would obsessively browse fansites and regularly e-mail the webmasters about mistakes on their sites until their cursors are seriously hovering over that 'block' button.
- Thousands of people all around the world would fiercely debate on which is the right guy for May, Mark or Alan... even after canon has already eliminated at least one of them.
- There would be Rob/Scyther slash fiction floating around the Internet, especially after I have made an official statement on my website screeching about how it is an insult to their purely platonic relationship and no one seems to understand the concept of friendship anymore.
- Fan forums would be filled with "i dun get the end" threads, which would in turn be filled with frustrated posts from the people who do get it.
- There would be endless baseless rumours/hopes of a sequel going about.
- I would cackle evilly every time I read a fan theory and mutter "You have NO idea..."
- Because of how much fun I have doing that, I would officially encourage fans to post every bit of a dumb theory they've got.
- No one would be able to write fanfiction in peace, because I would be lurking around yelling at everybody who gets the characters OOC, writes noncanon shippings, has misinterpreted some part of the storyline or writes about a Sue who catches Chalenor and becomes best friends with Mew.
- I would feel the need to personally respond to every bit of criticism posted on it, anywhere.
- Various major events would get fans in an uproar, yelling "This should not have happened that way, but the fanon way! She's ruined the story!" and proceeding to write fanfiction about how it should have happened.
- A group of people would endlessly grumble about the legendary storyline, complaining that the fic was much better before that came in, and proceed to write fanfiction about how the fic should have continued without that plot.
- Various parts (such as chapter 35) would have people shouting "NOOOOO! [insert character name here]! How could she do that? ;_;" and proceeding to write AU fanfiction entirely ignoring this event.
- No matter what I say, all the male characters have got to be gay so they can hook up with one another.
- The occasional fangirl would ramble endlessly on about how hot Chaletwo is and how she wants to sleep with him.
- Some of those would write descriptive fanfiction about that in which Chaletwo is extremely OOC, thus making me yell at them and them yell at me back for trying to limit their freedom of artistic expression.
- Something very similar with Mitch, too.
- Said fangirls would be so offended that they'd all start hating me and the story, followed by all their friends and everyone who knew them and everybody else because they start sulking about how everything is getting so drama-filled and emo in the fandom, so no one would read it anymore.
- I would breathe a sigh of relief because then they're not reading that awful two-week-old version, and proceed to sell the new one to new fans.
In short, I think we can all consider ourselves lucky it's not published. :P
Chaletwo: ...I'll say. <.<
Mitch: *mysterious chuckle*