Embracing Destiny

Forum Index - Back to Your Own Fanfiction

Pages: 1 2 3

hellfirehoundoom

Post #21
Ok then, sorry, I read the chapter, but I didn't really pay attention.

Eminai

Post #22
Very good improvement from the last chapter. You took notes of the areas I mentioned and the chapter itself shows that you're already improving. Though truthfully, this is my opinion, I do feel sorry for that poor little Pineco. I like how you're giving Ray his knowledge now. After all, a flying type would prove useful against the Bug disadvantage Absol has while also providing more types in Ray's growing arsenal. Houndoom would have been just as effective in getting rid of Bug types, as demonstrated by the Pineco, but his partial dark configuration would be less beneficial than a wholly new type. Keep on writing. I want to see where this journey's headed.

InnerDemon

Post #23
Haha. Thanks. Really understood what you meant by the environment interaction :].
Writing commencing :].

Bloop. No longer being as active as I was. Starcraft mapmaking and friends have become the main source of my attention. I shall be on a few times a month, but I probably won't comment stories and crap. Have fun guys and girls.

InnerDemon

Post #24
Eeh! Double posted. Sorry :[
————————————————–
Again I realize the plot is going really slow. I'll try to speed it up :], or make the chapters really really really long >;].
————————————————–
Chapter 5
He walked into the dark room, taking out the Espeon, which materialized next to him, this cat-like pokemon had purple fur, a red jewel embedded in his forehead and a tail that split in two, it slouched on the tiled floor, still weak from its battle.
"But sir! That Espeon is a weakling. It's not Shiny or Dark or anything. He won't like this."
"Shut up! I'll deal with him. And this Espeon isn't weak. I'll make it strong. Overdramatic fool." Do you doubt your leader with his Pokemon? I was made leader for a reason. It’s time you accepted that I am over you."

Ray moved toward Route 507, deep in thought about strategies he could use with his Absol.
“Ehh. Maybe start off with a Double Team or an Agility..” He muttered to himself while walking along the path to Route 507. “A Double Team would be beneficial to start off confusing an opponent and attacking away from the start, whereas an Agility could make her quicker, allowing her time to use a Double Team and attacking.
“Char-char-charmander!” A reptilian creature that looked like a salamander/dinosaur mix pokemon with a fire on the tip of its tail snapped Ray out of his concentration. Recalling what he learned from his school, Ray knew that if the fire went out on its tail, it’d die.
“I seriously don’t want a Charmander, it might be a Flying and Fire type but still. Just leave me alone please. I need to think.” Ray continued on. The Charmander took no notice and followed him, waddling along on it’s clawed feet.
“Oh. We must be nearing Route 507.” Ray exclaimed. A while ago, Route 507 had been victim to a vicious prairie field fire, leaving the whole Route almost burned to a crisp by a Pokemon dispute between the Legendary Pokemon Entei and Raikou, or so the story went, Entei eventually walked away alive, while Raikou laid on the floor, for all eternity, buried under the flames of Entei’s rage, making it the perfect habitat for Fire typed Pokemon to live.
“Charrrr!” The Charmander hissed angrily, upon entering Route 507 behind Ray. It immediately started a battle with a nearby Chimchar and soon they were brawling on the burnt grass beneath their feet.
“Maggg, mar!” A red and yellow humanoid Pokemon with a flame burning on its tail like a Charmander, a forehead divided by two bulbous bumps, both covered in yellow flames. It looked like a burning snowman to Ray.
“A Fire typed Pokemon, I’ll catch it!” Ray looked excitedly at the humanoid. “Go Absol! Agility then follow it up with a Double Team!”
The dark furred animal burst out of its Ultraball, pawing at the floor. Upon materializing, it put on a burst of speed to the Magmar, splitting into three. The Magmar looked at the Absol in the eyes. It accepted the challenge of a battle.
“Razor Wind!” Ray readied himself for the onslaught of the wind. The Absols simultaneously howled at the sky, bringing an unbelievable flourish of destructive wind. A burnt tree felled as the wind blew past, ramming into the Magmar. Specks of red bled out from the yellow spots of its body.
“Magggggg!” The Magmar roared in pain. Spewing out a pillar of flame that quickly surrounded an Absol, it turned it encased its hands in fire at the same time.
“ Fire Spin and a Fire Punch! Careful Absol!”
“We got this Ray! He trapped an image. Not the real me.” Absol laughed obviously enjoying herself. She let out another ear piercing howl, blowing up ashes everywhere as another Razor Wind came into effect. The Magmar ran straight at Absol, the Fire Spin dying out as soon as it realized that the Absol inside was an image. It took a glance at both Absols, taking a chance at the one on the left. Bringing it’s arm up for an uppercut, the Fire Punch hit Absol straight in the chest, leaving a constant torrent of smoke. Her other image disappeared as Absol flew back, colliding into Ray.
“Oof. That hurt.” Ray groaned, pushing Absol off him.
“I’m fine.”
“Okay then! Double Team again then use a Quick Attack!” Absol split in three again, unfortunately, one passed through Ray, leaving him with the image of seeing things through a dim screen, impairing his vision.
The humanoid screamed as the Absols bounced off him. Collapsing on the floor, it let out another shriek before falling on the floor completely, its flames diminishing.
“Great Ball!” Ray threw a Pokeball with a blue top and a white bottom, as well as the horizontal black ring.
The ball let out a red light, engulfing the fallen Magmar on the floor. The ball twitched once, then twice. It stopped and the Great Ball’s button light faded from red to white.
“Species : Spitfire Pokemon, Average Weight 45 kg, Color : Red and Yellow, Pokemon Description : Born in the spout of a volcano, its body is covered by flames that shimmer like the sun
Return Absol.” Ray said, his heart beating from the prospect meeting his new caught Pokemon. He enlargened an Ultra Ball in his hand, pressing the button to recall his starting Pokemon. A red light shot out of the Ultra Ball, recalling Absol as she laid down to rest.
“Go Magmar!” Ray pressed the button on the Great Ball, letting out the humanoid.
“I lost eh? Nice to have a challenge for once, although I’d’ve preferred to won. Good battle. Mind giving me a Potion. I’m beat.” The Magmar moved its duckbilled mouth rapidly.
“Yeah. Good match. I promise I’ll train you to the best of my ability.” Ray replied, taking out a Potion that was shaped like a hair spray bottle. Untwisting the cap, he sprayed Magmar’s various wounds.
“Thanks. And I hope you do train me well. Having been trained by a person instead of by myself would boost my attack and defense, making me a more capable fighter. Well. We’d better get going before it gets dark. This place is impossible to sleep in at night, Pokemon are always setting off fires in the distance.
“Alright.” Again, a red light engulfed Magmar, recalling him back to his proper Great Ball as Ray minimized it.
“I guess I’ll go to the next town… which would be west in the city of Bishel. The third gym is also there. I can probably challenge it, still need a flying type though.”
Ray set off into the west, toward the setting sun which looked even redder because of the floating ashes around him.
————————————————–
Question? Comments? Suggestions? Anything is helpful.

Bloop. No longer being as active as I was. Starcraft mapmaking and friends have become the main source of my attention. I shall be on a few times a month, but I probably won't comment stories and crap. Have fun guys and girls.

Sands Buisle

Post #25
Pokemon can't be caught if they are fainted, because it means they can't break free.

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

InnerDemon

Post #26
:O. Oh. Changing time~!

Edit : By the way, anyone notice a pattern in the city names? :D.

InnerDemon

Post #27
Eeh! Double posted. Sorry :[
————————————————–
Boom boom boom boom! Rawrr. <– Ignore this again.
————————————————–
Chapter 6
“Yeah, only eight that I know of. Our searches only showed eight of them.” The tall man’s glasses glinted off the computer’s monitor. “There can only be eight, another can’t be born until one dies. We formed the System to capture all eight and give them to each leader. We’ve been extremely successful in three spots. The Jupiter Leader has the Dark Slaking, the Earth Leader has the Dark Lucario, and we have just found a Dark Houndoom, which has been given to the Mercury Leader. Five more Dark Pokemon to go until we’ve got them all.”
“Do we know which Pokemon the other five are? That might speed up the process.” A even taller man stood behind the man. “That might speed up the process in finding them.”
“Uhh. I’m working on it. I’ve only found two other Darks so far. An Absol, whom the Houndoom fought before we found it, so we’ll be hot on it’s trail before we snatch it. I’m pretty sure someone’s captured it already and is using it to battle with, but we can compromise. The other one, is unheard of, because legendaries aren't born, they're made. That means someone created a dark legendary for another purpose. the readings I’ve received show it’s a dark legendary. I have no idea on how to catch it without the other seven so we should save that one for last. Also, to find the other three, I’ll need to individually scan the Dark Pokemon we currently have and find a matching gene that mutates their strength and color.”
“Get on it. I want the rest before we move on. A dark legendary will be interesting. So it is true then right? All eight Darks in one area, we’ll be able to summon legendaries at our will?” The man said excitedly.
“Better be true, we’ve spend years working on this project, Dave has already developed a Legendary Ball to catch them. We can summon legendaries depending on the area’s environment. Say Route 507 for example. We can probably summon Entei from that area because he’s directly involved in the history of that one area.”
“Okay. We’ll go after Entei first then, if it’s successful, we’ll factor in other areas.”
“Alright. I’m going to run another check on the surrounding areas for an abnormal Pokemon.
“I’m going to track that Absol. When I find it, it’s mine.” The man shrugged on a black jacket and walked out of the room.

“Finally!” Ray exclaimed exasperated from his trek. Night had already fallen, enshrouding everything in a dark cloak. The Pokemon Center in the distance glowed like a beacon for trainers. Pushing the door open, he handed his Pokeballs to Nurse Joy, who greeted him tiredly and set to healing his Pokemon.
“Staying for the night I assume?” Nurse Joy asked kindly, handing back his Pokeballs.
“Uhm. I don’t think so, I’m running low on money. I think it’d be best for me to camp out with my Pokemon. I can even fit in a few hours of training.”
“A room here isn’t that expensive. Only 100 Pokedollars. Oh and be careful. Somethings going around making all the Pokemon crazy. They look half-crazed when they come in for healing.”
“Uhh. No thanks. I’ve got no way to make more money. I’ll be fine, I’m careful! Night.” Ray replied, walking out again. Walking to the park in the middle of the city, Ray enlargened his Ultra Ball and Great Ball. Sending out both Absol and Magmar, he sat down on the provided bench.
“So guys… we’re finally here. Tomorrow we take on the gym. Fine with you guys?” Ray asked nervously.
“We’ll do great. We’ve got a Fire and a Dark and Normal type!” Magmar babbled.
“I’m enjoying battling more because of you Ray. I’ll help us win this badge. What Pokemon does the Gym train?” Absol inquired.
“Uh. I think they train Grass-typed Pokemon. No problem for both of you. Grass Pokemon have nothing that’s super effective against your types. Yeah. Let’s talk tomorrow, we’ll sleep here today.” Ray unfolded his sleeping bag laying it on the bench.
“We’re sleeping out here? It’s dangerous! We might run into-.” Magmar’s form was shrouded in red as he was recalled into his Great Ball.
“Night Ray. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Absol yawned as she was recalled into her Ultra Ball.
Drifting off to sleep, Ray’s last thought was about his Flying-type Pokemon he still needed.

“Glad your back. We’ve tracked another Dark Pokemon. Not sure which one it is, but it’s a Dark Pokemon nonetheless. Considering its position, I think it’s one we have not encountered yet. We need to catch it.” The man took off his glasses, wiping them off on his shirt.
“Good. I’ve had absolutely no progress on the Absol. It’s tracks just disappeared. Where’s its location. My Alakazam can teleport me there instantly.” The man took off his jacket.
“It’s located in the suburbs of Bishel. It’s scans just disappeared before you came. I was correct about it being a trainer’s Pokemon. Only a Pokeball can hide the tracks of Dark Pokemon from my scanners. You need to hurry over there and catch it before the trainer travels on.
“I’m already there.” The man maximized a Pokeball. “Alakazam, Teleport!” The humanoid with a beard and two spoons in his hand grunted its eyes became clouded before both the trainer and Pokemon were replaced by two blue streaks of light as they teleported away.
————————————————–

Steele

Post #28
This is tied for the best fic on the forum! Your tied with HFHD. By the way, what is your site named? Every time I click on the link it doesn't send me to your site.

"Do you think I enjoy telling you who you can screw and who you can't?" -Shadowdart

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, cause' it's already tomorrow in Australia!

InnerDemon

Post #29
Oh. About that. I have no site. I put it as Whee :]. Heh. Best fic eh? Better start writing seeing as how I wasn't even writing because it seemed like no one read :]

InnerDemon

Post #30
Whoopsy Daisy. Double Posted again. Dear me.
————————————————–
Dedicated to : Steele. Kidding. Rawrawr.
————————————————–
Chapter 7
“Give it. Now. I’m not asking again.” A blonde blue eyed girl named Terra eyed the Dark Slaking’s Great Ball with hungry eyes. Her looks gave no hint to her vicious nature.
“It was given to me by the System! It only obeys me now. Just leave me to do my job. I’ll find it again! I swear. I’d have it done if you hadn’t interfered!” The same man who called himself Eros whom had found Ray defended himself. “Do you think I knew it was a Dark Pokemon? The Absol was weak anyways. I thought it was just dirty when I saw it!”
“You. Are. A. Complete. Idiot.” The girl replied through clenched teeth. “Go Lucario!” A completely black Pokemon appeared. It looked like a really skinny humanoid with bunny ears and a single spike on the back of each hand. “Calm Mind!” The Lucario pressed its hands to its head and furrowed its brow, slowly glowing blue.
“Do you really want to battle me, the Jupiter Leader? You may be stronger but you lack the strategy. Brute force won’t destroy everything. Remember this when you lose.”
“Lucario. Stop.” The Lucario stopped glowing and stood up straight, ears perked for another command. “Let’s make a deal; you win, I’ll give you my Dark Lucario, you lose you give me your Dark Slaking. Deal?” The Earth Leader stared confidently into the shades of the Jupiter Leader.
“Fine. Have fun losing that Lucario of yours.”
“Cocky one aren’t you? Lucario. Extremespeed. Take the Great Ball.” Terra looked smug. Her Lucario turned into a dark colored blur, flashing over to Eros and back, standing up straight with a Great Ball in its hand. “Good job. Told you not to mess with me Eros. You say I lack strategy. Psh. Never let your guard down you idiot. Lucario. Teleport.” And with that, the man named Eros was left staring blankly at the place where Terra once stood seconds ago.
“That damned bitch! (Excuse my language, or are we allowed to use cuss words? I’ve been going out of my way not to use them.) I’ll get my Pokemon back if I have to commit murder.” Eros pulled on his shades and gazed at the clouds. “Espeon. Teleport me to wherever Terra went.”
“Buh-uht sir. I don’t know where she went.” The Espeon crouched down as if ready for a punishment.
“Useless thing. Return then.” The Espeon disappeared. “Go Aerodactyl. Take me to the System’s Headquarters. I need a word.” A flash of red appeared faintly and when it cleared, a ferocious, prehistoric Pokemon, that possessed serrated, saw-bladed like fangs. Its wings had skin stretched from its side to its arms. It had a triangular-shaped tail that was grey. It flapped its wings heavily and constantly to keep in the air. Eros got on its back and they flew off toward the north.

“Magmar! Fire Punch!” Ray shouted.
“Mahhhg!” Fire forming at its knuckles, it brought it up and make a direct hit on the Tropius they were fighting.
“Trahhh!” The Tropius screamed in pain. Tropius were large dinosaur-like Pokemon with brown and green bodies. They possess large green leaves on their backs which they use for flying. These leaves also doubled as leaves for photosynthesis, to give Tropius energy. Despite being very big and bulky, they are fast fliers in the air. Tropius’ have long necks. They also grow fruits of their own on their necks that resemble a bunch of ripe bananas. These fruits can be picked and consumed by other Pokemon and by humans, and grow twice a year because of the rapid reproduction of sugar in their leaves.
“It’s still not down! Fire Spin. Keep using it til it gives up!” Ray yelled.
“Gotcha.” The Magmar winked at Ray then opened its duck-billed out to emit large amounts of flames that rained down around the Tropius and formed a circle around it. The grass around it burned to a crisp and there were ashes everywhere. “Jeez. This thing doesn’t give up does it?” Magmar commented, with its mouth still open and the Tropius beating the fire around it with its leaves which also caught fire at contact.
“Great Ball! Go!” Ray yelled throwing a blue and white Pokeball with a ‘G’ inscribed on it. The Tropius was converted into energy and sucked into the Great Ball at Magmar’s feet as they both stared intently at it. The ball rolled over once, twitched twice, gave a small shudder and the button on it faded from a bright red to a pale white. Magmar bent down to pick up the Great Ball and handed it to Ray.
“Oh yeah! We did it Magmar. We rock!” Ray exclaimed.
“We do rock. I’m surprised he kept on fighting. I was expecting that huge thing to collapse immediately after we had it surrounded. It is a Grass Typed Pokemon after all. It should’ve fainted. Oh well. We won. New Pokemon. Yay!”
“Jeez. You talk nonstop. Anyways. Return. Let’s get to the Pokemon Center.” Ray maximized a Great Ball, recalling Magmar into it. “Go Tropius!” The huge Pokemon came out of its ball, still on fire. “Oh crap. Return. I’ll heal you then talk to you.” The Tropius was recalled and Ray set off toward the Bishel Pokemon Center to heal. Next was the Gym Leader!
————————————————–

Steele

Post #31
I definetly excuse your language.
This is an actual part of a fic, but I will censor it for you.
D— it! Son of a B—-! Bloody F—— H—!
Yeah, real line. And I read since I am on the forums everyday (Unless the internet is down or something) so keep writing!

"Do you think I enjoy telling you who you can screw and who you can't?" -Shadowdart

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, cause' it's already tomorrow in Australia!

InnerDemon

Post #32
Oh! I shall dedicate every chapter to you! I'm kidding :). Or am I :O. My language is excused. Time to use massive uncensored words! Whoo. Steele! Censoring is so easy to fill in the blanks :).
Woah. Everyday! So am I. I have no life. :/

Steele

Post #33
Awesome! We should have a No-Life club! And if swearing isn't allowed…..god help me…….
And now I will advertise.
New Blackberry Pearl Flip. Buy any Blackberry and get a second one free. Only at Verizon.
WHOOO! I GOT PAID! A PENNY! LET'S CELEBRATE! *Pinches penny*
Wonder why they still call me a penny pincher…..*Pinches penny*
COMPLETELY POINTLESS! But pleasant at that.
A Strange and sometimes disturbing fic that has no real plot, it just free roams. Now accepting charecter applications.

InnerDemon

Post #34
Our club will grow to epic proportions! Dam! A character application? Sign me up.
Name : Demon.
Type : Legendary god
Moves : Every single one.
Ability : Absorb (Takes enemy's HP slowly over time) :). Am I in?

Steele

Post #35
Um…….Is that a pokémon?

InnerDemon

Post #36
It is to me. It's me :). I'm a godly Pokemon.

Steele

Post #37
YOU'RE IN! Demon will be one of my pokémon in the fic. The pokémon will have their own theme songs. I know the right one for Demon. MWAHAHAHAH!

InnerDemon

Post #38
Whoo! I'm gonna rock everyone. If I faint even once, I'm coming for you Steele ;)

Sands Buisle

Post #39
<Sweatdrop>

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

InnerDemon

Post #40
Wait what SSB?
————————————————–
Whew! Longest chapter ever in my opinion :). Enjoy. You better enjoy it. Took forever :(. :). :(. :). :(. :). :(. :). Sad and happy alternate! :)
————————————————–

Chapter 8
There was a green tank filled with fluid in a shadowy room. Eros walked in and opened his mouth to curse at the man staring avidly at the tank.
“I want a word Triton. Terra took my freaking Slaking. Did anyone command her to do that?” Eros questioned furiously.
Terra’s twin, the Neptune Leader looked around. He was a spitting image of his older sister, blue eyes and blonder hair, but his hair was a darker blonde and he was taller. Before joining the System, he was a Pokemon researcher before he decided to dedicate his life to finding the Dark Pokemons.. “How should I know? You know that I study Dark Pokemon. I’m not informed by the System, I do my own research on my own time. Only when I am called do I report. The report I sent in a week ago stated that my artificial Pokemon is almost complete. I’ve been extremely successful in duplicating the Dark Pokemon’s unique genes. That’s all I’ve heard.” Triton reported.
“Well. Have you decided on a name for our Pokemon?” Eros asked, his anger evaporated to be replaced by elation.
“Firstly, it is my Pokemon. Not yours. Got it? I created this Pokemon,” Triton said angrily, “I’ve cared for it, it belongs to me. And secondly, it is called Garou, After the fabled werewolves. I’ve also been able to make it learn any move, albeit defensive skills like Sand-Attack and Calm Mind. Don’t bother me with trivial questions why. I know not.”
“I’ll be in touch then. Try and make another one for me if you can manage it.” Eros replied sending out his Aerodactyl and mounting it. He disappeared quickly, fading into the horizon.
“The hell I will,” Triton muttered to himself irritated. If this Pokemon fails, then I’m gonna release it into the wild. I don’t care what happens to it. Eros wants a Garou, he’ll have to formulate it himself, like I did.”
Ding. An alarm beeped, signaling that his files were clean. Lately, Triton had been paranoid that someone was stealing his research from him. He personally suspected Terra, she had the brains and the will to do it. He’d finish his Garou then confront her.

“Well. We’re going to battle the Bishel Gym Leader guys. They train Grass-Typed Pokemon and… we should do pretty well. A Dark/Normal, Fire and a Grass/Flying type should overpower their gym.” Ray looked around at his Pokemon’s faces anxiously.
“I’m ready. I’m gonna be strong. Just you watch Ray!” His Magmar replied.
“I’ll try my best Ray.” Absol said quietly, pawing at the ground in excitement.
“I… I’ll also try my best.” His Tropius was a shy Pokemon. After his usual talk with her, Ray realized that although his Tropius was shy, it was willing to give it all it had to fight.
“Well… we better get going. Back in your balls everyone. Let’s clobber this gym.” Ray said with a false bravado.
Walking through the front door, Ray gasped. The whole gym was covered in flowers and plants. His Tropius would feel at home here. The first junior trainer walked up to him.
“Ready to battle?” The petite girl asked. She had brown hair and big brown eyes, giving her the appearance of looking like a child.
“Uhh. Sure.” Ray said.
“Alright!” She said enthusiastically, “Go Gloom! Stun Spore anything that comes out!”
Ray frowned at her tactic. “Go Tropius! Whirlwind.” His Tropius formed from a shapeless red blob and waved its wings frantically to keep away from the yellow dust that was falling. His heavy green leaves blew it straight back at the Gloom, paralyzing itself.
“Ghloom.” The "flower" on top of its head resembled a flower found in the rainforests, which is said to smell like rotten meat. It struggled weakly against the paralysis.
“Oh no! Gloom!” The girl looked close to tears at her Pokemon’s fate.
“End it Tropius. Gust.” Ray ordered looking straight at the girl. His Tropius waved its wings again, this time sending up a gust of air straight at the Gloom. It collapsed from the attack and fell over.
“Return Gloom!” The girl walked over to Ray. “Nice battle. That’s a strong Tropius you got there. Continue on into that door right there, another junior trainer is waiting. Then it’ll be the leader.
“Uhh. Thanks. See yah.” Ray recalled his Tropius and quickly walked over to the door, stepping through. This arena looked almost the same, except for the pink flowers that dotted the ceilings.
“Finally. First challenger in days.” The girl stated boldly, eyeing up Ray like a cat after its meal. She had black hair and black eyes, accenting her black clothes. “Well. One on one again. Go Roselia!” It is a small Pokémon with a light green body. It also has a leaf skirt and holds a rose on each of its hands. Roselia has three thorns on top of its head.
“Go Magmar! This is gonna be snap. Fire Spin!” Ray yelled. His Magmar formed and spewed a pillar of fire that surrounded the Roselia.
“Roselia! Rain Dance!”
“What?! Roselia is a grass typed!” Ray yelled, outraged.
“Doesn’t matter.” The girl stated, looking curiously at Ray’s Magmar. Her Roselia’s dance finished and clouds formed in the small room, soaking everything. “Now! Energy Ball!”
“Dodge it and use a Sunny Day Magmar!” His Magmar dodged to the left and fired another pillar of fire, this time at the sky, which spread out into bright points of light that charred nearby plants. “Fire Punch!” His Magmar charged at the Roselia, fire forming at its knuckles.
“Dodge it. Do it now.” The girl said when Magmar brought its fist up to make contact. The Roselia, badly burnt from its encounter with the Fire Spin, hopped to side and lost its balance, falling on its face. “Damn you!”
“Fire Punch again. End it.” Ray said.
“Return. You win. Here. Take these freaking Potions, heal your Pokemon and battle the leader. I wait forever for a challenger and I lose. Dammit dammit dammit!” The girl looked absolutely deadly as she unlocked a cabinet disguised as a plant and handed bottles of Potions at Ray.
“Uhh. Thanks.” Ray set to healing his Pokemon and walked through the last door. It was dark and airy. “Hello? Anyone here?” Ray called out.
“Hello challenger. I am the Leader of this Gym in Bishel. We shall have a two on two battle. Now. The lights!” The voice was definitely feminine, and as the lights went on, Ray stared at his opponent. She looked about his age. “Go Bayleef!” It resembled a pale yellow dinosaur or a lizard, with leaf-like growths sprouting in a ring around its neck. A large leaf shaped like a scythe protruded from its head. It had red eyes, and has one large toenail on each foot. This look was accompanied by a small tail.
“Cool.” Ray breathed. “Go Absol.” His Absol materialized, crouching low on the ground, sizing up the Bayleef. “Double Team then use an Agility.” His Absol split into three and circled around, becoming a blur.
“Trivial strategy for a beginner. Magical Leaf Bayleef.” Bayleef’s huge protruding leaf glowed purple, sending out a flurry of purple leaves.
“Dodge it! Then use a Aerial Ace!” Ray shouted.
“And I repeat. Beginner. Magical Leaf can’t be dodged, other than by a two turned move that temporarily makes your Pokemon disappear.”
“Disappear… Disappear… I got it! Absol! Faint Attack!” His Absol stopped mid-stride, vanishing away on the spot. The Magical Leaf floated harmlessly down. “Attack it now Absol!” Ray’s three Absols materialized on either sides of the Bayleef, slashing it. “Now! Razor Wind!” Ray yelled again. His Absols leaped over the Bayleef, howling frighteningly. A gust of piercing wind swept through the arena, engulfing Bayleef and Absol.
“Agh. Bayleef return!”
“Pursuit Absol. Let’s make the most of this.” His Absol blocked the Pokeball’s beam, slashing Bayleef again and again.
Her Pokeball’s beam finally made contact with the collapsed Bayleef, recalling it. She scowled at Ray. “Cheap trick. It was down already.”
“I didn’t know!” Ray said innocently.
“Whatever,” She said, glaring at Ray. “Go Leafeon.” Leafeon is a fox-like creature with plant, dog, and cat characteristics. Its body is tan colored. It had one shade of dark brown that is carried out on the tip of its paws, as its eye color, and in the center of the ear. It had sprouts growing all over it, making it look more like a plant. It has a longer sprout of its forehead. It has a leaf-like tail. “Quick Attack.” The Leafeon darted forward, positioning itself to strike through all three of the Absols. It darted back and forth, its mouth slightly smug as it knocked down the real Absol.
“Ah. Bite Absol.” The Absol darted forward opening its mouth, showing huge sharp jaws, clamping the Leafeon, holding it. It screamed in pain.
“Razor Leaf now!” The girl squealed. Leafeon’s tail glowed a brighter green, sending a outbreak of leaves, cutting Absol. His Absol collapsed from the Critical Hit.
“Return. Go Magmar.”
The girl cursed under her breath. “I don’t want to damage my favorite Pokemon any longer. Just take this stupid badge. I never liked this job.” She recalled her Leafeon, tossing a flower badge over to Ray.
As she walked out, Ray called, “Then why do you bother with this job? Just quit and travel the world like I’m doing.” The girl turned and looked at Ray incredulously.
“Quit the job? I can’t quit being a Gym Leader. It’s how I was raised. My mother was the leader of this gym, she passed it on to me. I wish I could travel, but there’s no one to look after this gym.” She paused. “You know what? Screw it, let’s go. I’ll give the keys to my junior trainers.” She left the room. Ray heard distinct talking and a slam of a door.
“Let’s go. My name’s Amanda by the way. Amanda Fams.”
“Ray. Ray Brang. Nice to meet you. But are you coming with me on my journey?
“Well duh… I have nothing left in this city except for this gym, and this gym is tedious to take care of. I’m coming with you whether you like it or not.” When Ray opened his mouth to protest, she simply said, “You going to leave an innocent girl alone by herself?” Ray closed his mouth, furious at Amanda for playing on his morals.
“Well. I need to heal my Pokemon, then I’m leaving for the fourth badge.”
“Excellent. So do I. You have the first and second badge yet? I need those.”
“No. We’ll need to stop by those cities and pick them up. Let’s go.” They headed toward the Pokemon Center together.
————————————————–

Pages: 1 2 3

Forum Index - Back to Your Own Fanfiction