Embracing Destiny

Forum Index - Back to Your Own Fanfiction

Pages: 1 2 3

InnerDemon

Post #1
He was running away.
Another fight, another night. His dad had just left the house again to do who knows what. His mother was starting the waterworks. He just knew they were fighting about his presence in their cramped one bedroomed house.
The pain he was feeling just wouldn't leave him. He could leave and never come back. It would just be so easy to just disappear, the stress he put on his parents lifting away. Problem was, he had nowhere to go to, he was useless according to his father and he had no money. Maybe if his parents allowed Pokemon into the house… Everyone he knew had a Pokemon, the kid down the street, the toddler even had one. But here he was, twelve and no Pokemon to talk to or battle with. He had always wanted a unique Pokemon, not one of the stereotypical starters. Maybe a Sableye or a Trapinch, no one ever seemed to use those. He just wanted someone interesting to talk to, not the boring girls and boys at school who just bragged about their Pokemon. Nevermind wishing, he was going to leave tomorrow, after he packed his things. But where in the Yoohl Region could he go? He needed to stop thinking, just go to sleep and then he could set off himself. After another hour of tossing, he finally fell asleep.
The next day, Ray Brang was waking up, alone, again. The house was empty, he could feel the emptiness pressing slowly against the small apartment room. He packed his backpack with a change of clothes, his small radio, a bag of food, and a ultra ball he took from his father's dresser. No one would miss him or the ball, if anything, they'd miss the ball more. It was noon when he left but by the time he left town and reached the Flower Fields of Yoohl, the sun was setting. He had seen lots of Pokemon on the way to the Fields, but none of which he wanted to actually use, what use would he have for a weak Rattata or a Pidgey? Those were common Pokemon. Walking had given Ray lots of time to think.
He wandered towards the Fields when a man neared him. The man had dark aviator shades tucked into his shirt, and wore dark jeans with a faded Houndoom shirt. Not noticing his hostile stare, Ray took notice of him and entered the high grass. The man swaggered after him taking out a Great Ball and pressing the release button. A bright red light exploded from the Great Ball and when the light faded and Ray was left blinking red spots from his eyes trying to concentrate on the Pokemon materializing in front of him, a Mankey attempted to run away with his bag. The recently materialized Pokemon, which Ray now noted was a Slaking used an Earthquake on the retreating Mankey, knocking it out in a single blow.
"Woah. That was awesome!" Ray exclaimed.
"I helped you, you are now indebted to me. You owe me." The man boomed, recalling his Slaking, his shades now on.
"Whatever. Thanks mister."
"By the way, the Fields of Yoohl are dangerous. There are more than Pokemon out here nowadays."
"What? More than Pokemon? What else could there be?" Ray asked surprised. The man ignored him, staring at the dimishing light from the sun.
"You take care now, your parents would be worried if you got hurt."
"Huh?" Ray said taken by surprise again. The man swaggered off, stuffing his hands into his pockets and as he did, a piece of paper fell from his pocket.
"Hey Mister, you dropped something." The man took no notice, and soon disappeared in the underbrush. Ray went over to find the paper, which was a boat pass.
"Woah, wonder if I can use this? That man obviously has no use for this." Ray talked to himself.

————————————————–
Question? Comments? Suggestions? Anything is helpful. First attempt ;D. I realize the plot is also going REALLY slow.. :/

Bloop. No longer being as active as I was. Starcraft mapmaking and friends have become the main source of my attention. I shall be on a few times a month, but I probably won't comment stories and crap. Have fun guys and girls.

hellfirehoundoom

Post #2
the fic is off to a good start!

InnerDemon

Post #3
Haha thanks ;]
————————————————–

The Fields were dark. Ray looked around him, taking in the darkness and squinting for the things that the man had talked about. There was a rustling in the dead brush behind him and Ray spun around, looking wildly in the general direction of the noise. He picked up his bag and slowly backed away remembering the man warning him to be careful. The rustling grew nearer and Ray got ready to run as soon as he caught a glimpse of what was coming toward him. There was whimpering then the thing burst out of the brush, covered in blood and dirt. It collapsed in a shining heap near where Ray was tensed. Looking closer, Ray realized that this was a Dark Absol. The shining came from it's large single horn protruding from it's head and it's fur was gray instead of white, the perfdect camoflague in the dark starless night.
"Holy crap. That's a Dark Absol! But there are no Absol inhabiting Yoohl that I know of." Ray exclaimed. "Eh, the Absol's hurt, I'll need to find a Pokemon Center… Let's see the nearest is in Rookly."
The Absol moaned," Help me please, he'll come back soon." It faded into unconscienceness twitching occassionally. Ray looked at her in concern.
"Sorry girl," Ray muttered, enlarging the Ultra Ball in his hand and tapping it against her. The Pokemon was engulfed in red light and the ball twitched once, twice, and stopped. Ray was filled with excitement, his very first Pokemon! He stopped and picked it up then ran toward Rookly picking up his bag in his rush.

The man in the black Houndoom shirt chuckled to himself in the dark. He felt a sense of satisfaction after sending the Absol to Ray after subduing it with his Slaking.

When dawn broke, Ray arrived at the Pokemon Center in Rookly. The door slid open and the same Nurse Joy that was in every city greeted him.
"I know I'm here a bit early, but I have a mauled Absol in this Ball. Can you fix her up?" Ray questioned.
"Slow down, slow down. You have an Absol that's been hurt?" Nurse Joy looked at concern at the Ultra Ball. She held her hand out for the ball and Ray handed it over without hesitation.
"Come back later to check on her, she looks alright, just a little dirty with minor scratches, oh… there's a big cut here running paralell to her neck. I've never seen anything like it…" Nurse Joy trailed off looking troubled. "Go and explore or something. Come back in a few hours. Don't forget now!" Nurse Joy sounded much cheerier.
Ray walked out and went to a Pokemart, checking to see if he could sell a bit of his belongings for some money. He looked through his bag and found a necklace with an emblem of fire on it, from his Mom for his tenth birthday. He studied it, and stuffed it in his pocket to sell. When he did, the boat pass poked him and he was again reminded of his new start in a new region.
As he walked into the PokeMart, he was amazed at the long shelves filled with anything a trainer could want or need. Ray walked up to the counter and the owner greeted him with a grunt and faced him.
"Whatcha need partner?" The owner was dressed in slacks and a dirty white undershirt that was stained with sweat and dirt.
"Eh, how much can I get for this?" Ray asked, struggling to pull the necklace out of his pockets. He set it on the counter.
The man's eyes widened for a second then shrank back to it's normal size. "I'll give you fifteen thousand for this little beauty." He said, still awed. Ray looked at the man in surprise, who was still enchanted by the shining necklace.
"Excuse me," Ray said, waving his hand in front of the man's face. "It's a deal." The man handed over fifteen thousand on a PokeCard.
Ray went to the Pokeball section, picking out three Ultra Balls and two Great Balls, and a Pokeball Belt. Next, he went over to the Potion aisle and picked out five Potions. Next, he went and picked out a black Pokedex engraved with Sableeye on it.
He went to the counter and in total, it cost him about three thousand.
"You have a good day now!" The man said to Ray as Ray left.
"Ah! Look at the time! Time to check on Absol." Ray said as he looked at the time.
As he arrived at the Pokemon Center, Nurse Joy handed him his Ultra Ball.
"Your Absol is a bit tired, but she'll be okay."
"Alright thanks!" Ray said.
Ray opened his new Pokedex and scanned the Ultra Ball, seeing that his new Absol had a rare genetic mutation that made it stronger, which gave it the name Dark Absol. It was level eighteen with the moves Tackle, Quick Attack, Growl, Aerial Ace, Bite, Faint Attack, and Agility.
Taking out his Ultra Ball and feeling nervous, he let out Absol.
Once again, red light shot out, materializing into a shape next to him. The newly formed Absol growled at the air then turned around.

————————————————–
Question? Comments? Suggestions? Anything is helpful.

Bloop. No longer being as active as I was. Starcraft mapmaking and friends have become the main source of my attention. I shall be on a few times a month, but I probably won't comment stories and crap. Have fun guys and girls.

Sands Buisle

Post #4
Interesting, but most people wouldn't sell a birthday present just because they need money, and he had that check, you need a riallety check.

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

InnerDemon

Post #5
Haha. What check?
Well… he wants to start over.

Sands Buisle

Post #6
Why did you change it to a boat pass? So that he'll have to sell it?

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

InnerDemon

Post #7
Haha. So that he could start over! I realized the check was a BITT too convenient so I changed it so. :D Sorry.
————————————————–

"You saved me?" The Absol whispered.
"Eh, how the heck can I understand what you're saying? Never could understand Pokemon til now." Ray replied. "Oh yeah, and yes I did."
"Well, most people can only talk to Pokemon that they caught themselves, or Pokemon that they can relate to."
Ray had to know. "Your parents… are you close to them?"
"Never knew em, came out of my egg and I was alone, I hunted alone, and I lived alone, I guess that is, until now. Since you helped me, I'll be your Pokemon."
"Well… I've never had a Pokemon so you'll have to bear with me alright? Not to mention I only just learned what moves you have." Ray said dully. "You can leave if you want, I won't stop you."
"Stop talking. Let's battle. Been a while since I had any fun." The Absol replied excited.
"Well alright. Let's battle that Pineco over there." Ray recalled his new Absol.
Ray ran to the high grass where Pineco and Growlithe were known to play. He found a Pineco Headbutting a tree and decided to engage it. Sending his Absol back out, he took charge.
"Absol! Agility!" Ray yelled at the top of his lungs. It felt great to battle. At his command, his Absol began to move at an impossible speed toward the Pineco. The Pineco saw the threat approaching and used a Sand Attack, kicking up dust everywhere covering itself. The Absol reached the spot where Pineco was seen but it disappeared.
Ray saw the Pineco approaching too late. It tackled his Absol then used another Sand Attack and disappeared into the dust again.
"Boy, this is annoying." Absol replied picking herself up.
"Sorry! I'll see it next time!" Ray replied.
The Pineco charged again and Ray screamed, "Faint Attack!" The Absol faded away as the Pineco fell over from the momentum of it's charge. The Absol reappeared next the Pineco, slashing it with it's blade on her head. The Pineco let out a squeal and used another Sand Attack, disappearing once more.
"Good call Ray." The Absol said.
"Well… time for another Agility then a Bite!" Ray yelled once more as the Pineco popped up. The Absol charged toward the Pineco, and then jumping over it, spinning in a one-eighty and charging once more to Bite the Pineco. The Pineco used a Protect as Absol Bit him and the Absol was thrown back by the barrier created.
The Pineco got nasty. It charged the downed Absol with a Take Down.
"Just what level is this Pineco?!" Absol screamed as she was thrown back once again.
Ray took out his Pokedex scanning the Pineco as it charged again.
"Level twenty-four." The Pokedex beeped.
"It's level twenty-four?" Absol screamed again as the Pineco used Spikes around her. She slowly got to her feet then yelled in rage.
"Absol! Aerial Ace!" Ray screamed, desperate to gain control of his raged Pokemon. The Absol was through listening, it used an Agility and an Aerial Ace, charging toward the Pineco again with an impossible speed and jumping high up and crashing down with her horn slashing the Pineco's hard shell.
The Pineco readied itself for a Selfdestruct, glowing white hot. Absol charged with an Agility and jumped up again for another Aerial Ace. She crashed down again and the Pineco exploded, sending a shock wave in all directions.
"Absolll!" Ray screaming rushing toward her as she stumbled toward him fading into unconciousness, reminding Ray of the first time he saw her in the Fields. Ray enlarged her Ultra Ball and recalled her. He ran to the the direction of Rookly once again.
Nurse Joy greeted him again. Ray rushed up to the counter with the Ultra Ball.
"Sorry, but can you heal my Absol again? I know it's my second time. I got into a stupid battle." Ray said in a rush.
"No problem, she only has minor injuries, I'll fix her up quick." Nurse Joy said reassuringly. "Just wait a few minutes."
Ray waited a few minutes, and sooner enough, Nurse Joy handed him back an Ultra Ball.
"Thanks again!" Ray said, already running out the door. He ran near the place where he fought the Pineco and let Absol out again.
"Eh, sorry Absol. I know I screwed up badly." Ray apologized.
"Sorry I lost it. Just went kinda crazy after all the damage I took."
"Wanna try this again?"
"Yeah why not?" Absol replied, tossing her head.
Ray ran into a Growlithe next. This time, he checked both the Growlithe which was level twenty and his Absol, which was a level twenty also after the battle with the Pineco. His Absol had also learned Double Team and Taunt.
The Growlithe approached them, attacking first with a Quick Attack toward Absol.
"Dodge it and use a Taunt!" Ray commanded. He smiled, he was getting the hang of this. Absol obediently moved out of the way and danced around, pointing her behind at Growlithe.
The Growlithe growled low and long, then opened it's mouth, spewing fire from it's mouth, an Ember.
"Absol! Double Team! Quickly! Then a Agility followed by a Faint Attack!" Ray said quickly. His Absol split, forming into three seperate images, which quickly charged toward Growlithe. They all faded away at the same time as the Growlithe circled slowly around wary of his surroundings. In a triangle around Growlithe, the three Absol appeared slashing it with it's horn.
The Growlithe fainted, knocked out by exhaustion and damage.
"Heh! We did it!" Ray and Absol yelled to at each other.
"You rocked Absol!" Ray yelled, filled with pride and triumph, he checked her on his Pokedex again, she had leveled again and learned Razor Wind and Pursuit.
"You are so good with orders Ray!" Absol screamed. She tossed her head back and forth. Suddenly, she stopped, cocked her head and looked to her right.
"What's up Absol? You see a Pokemon?" Ray asked worried at her sudden change.
Absol shook her head saying," I thought I saw a Houndour. I never liked those things. They always ganged up on me when I was younger." She shuddered.
"Wanna get him back for old time's sake then girl?" Ray asked concerned.
"I'd love that." She was filled again with excitement, tossing her head.
Ray recalled Absol, chasing the Houndour. He soon caught up and the Houndour turned around. It was another Dark Pokemon. What was going on here?
————————————————–

Sands Buisle

Post #8
She shouldn't have gotten any EXP. if she fainted, the damage is dealt and then the EXP. is rewarded to all of the participating consous pokemon.

hellfirehoundoom

Post #9
SSB has a point there. And last time I checked, Absol need a A lot of levels to get Razor Wind.

InnerDemon

Post #10
SSB: Well yeah… she kinda stumbled first :D. Then she fainted. So I count that as EXP, sorry if that makes no sense :/.
HFH: Mm. About Razor Wind's level requirement for Absol I checked "http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/absol&dexmode=all" and it said Absol's level had to be level 17. I only delayed her skill because I am a total retard.

hellfirehoundoom

Post #11
Oh, heh, musta got it mixed up with a different move, and Demon, not that it matters, I like HFHD, and with my fic, I have a Prevolution of Chatot that evolves thru a held item, but In my 'One Shot' chapter, he evolved thru a boost of adrenaline, like Letal in TQFTL. Great job so far though :)! And don't say you're a total Retard.

InnerDemon

Post #12
Mmkay. No more insults to myself or anyone else.
By the way… what's HFHD? :/

hellfirehoundoom

Post #13
I use it For Hellfirehoundoom.

InnerDemon

Post #14
Ohhh. I'll call you HFHD from now on :P My bad.

Eminai

Post #15
Hello there. You have something going here. If this is your first attempt at writing something like this, then this is a suitable job. I will not be too harsh, considering you're just starting out, however, try to describe the setting a bit more. Think of ways the character can interact with the environment. Also, though it is not a major concern of the moment, try the pacing slower in some areas. Elaborate more on the developing relationship between Dark Absol and Ray before getting into any major plot points. Keep it up.

InnerDemon

Post #16
Haha. Thanks for the feedback. I'll improve on the areas mentioned.
————————————————–
Rawrrr. :] <– Don't mind that. Random.
————————————————–
The man in black recalled his Slaking, throwing a Great Ball at the groaning Espeon on the floor. He chuckled to himself. This was the easiest job ever, catch a few pokemon then release them. How easy was that? Heh. A Jupiter leader doing a trivial task like this. Oh well, money was money, no matter how it was earned.

Ray scanned the Houndour. It was level twenty-three, just on the verge of evolving. This was not going to be pretty but if his Pokemon wanted to fight, how could he deny her that experience? The experience that he also needed to become better.
Ray sent out his Absol against the Houndour. Upon materializing, the Absol crounched, growling at the Houndour who stood across for her. The Houndour simply stared at her, unfazed.
"Time for action," Ray said. "Double Team Absol! Then follow that up with Aerial Ace!" Obediently, Absol split again into three images then charged at the Houndour. Pushing herself with the intent of crashing down onto Houndour with her blade. The Houndour lazily looked up just in time to get a blade in the face three times from three Absols.
The Houndour let out a Roar, throwing back Ray's Absol, making it collide with a tree. She struggled to get back up, splinters embedded in her back.
"Eeh. Are you okay?" Ray questioned.
"I'll be fine. I just want to take this thing down."
"Don't strain yourself. Double Team Absol! Then use a Razor Wind!" The Pokemon split once again into three, howling at the wind in unison. A strong breeze passed over Ray as he covered his eyes with his hands. The Absols howled again and it triggered a memory of his school teacher telling him that Absol were known as the Disaster Pokemon, they knew when disasters were approaching. The Houndour looked curiously at the Absol howling then rushed in for a bite. It bit the Absol in the middle, which disintegrated leaving the Houndour hopelessly confused. The wind had made it's approach and Ray knew why it was called Razor Wind, it actually felt like razors were stabbing you. The Absol's howls stopped abruptly, only to be replaced with screams of pain from the Houndour.
"God. This is fun!" Absol screamed as she and her mirror image leapt back in front of Ray, crossing their blades into a X. The Houndour, bleeding in different spots let out a misplaced Roar which passed over them.
"Uhh. Absol! Double Team again! I wanna see if we can make more than the three regular images! Then use a Quick Attack!" The two images of Absol glowered at the Houndour, as they both tripled, forming six Absols.
"Hah! Awesome!" Ray shouted.
"Didn't know that was possible…" Absol muttered before rushing in to form a perfect circle around the Houndour, each using a Quick Attack over and over.
The Houndour let out scream after scream, completely aggravated before blowing another Ember toward the closest Absol. The Absol disappeared and the Ember traveled onto a lone Pineco that was sleeping under the shade of a tree. The Pineco burned as Ray watched in horror. Slowly, it turned into part of the landscape as the fire disappeared with the Pineco.
The Houndour glowed a bright white as another Absol rushed in to attack it. The blow hit the Houndour in the side, but the Absol disappeared.
"Woah. That looks pretty cool." Ray stated after the Houndour finished evolving. The newly evolved Houndoom looked like a demonic dog, black with silver rings around it's back, legs, and his neck had a silver necklace with a skull on the front, the eyes on the skull glowed slightly. It's curved horns gave the impression of a ram's horns and a tail that looked like an arrow pointing to the side, on all fours was about the size of Ray standing. It howled at the sky and opened it's mouth spewing purple gas, Smog. One by one the Absol's all faded into nothingness until one was left. Exhasuted and poisoned, Absol screeched, using a Razor Wind.
"I swear to god, I'll take you down with me!" Absol raged. The Houndoom was hit again and again by the Razor Wind. Slowly, it struggled to stand up, moaning from it's many open wounds. One last time, it howled, fainting in the shade of the tree it took cover under for protection from the wind. Ray took out his PokeDex, scanning the Houndoom.
"Species: Dark Pokemon. Average Weight : 35 kg. Color : Usually black. Pokemon Description : Long ago, people imagined its eerie howls to be the call of the grim reaper." his PokeDex beeped.
"Eh. Absol. Let's go, I don't need a Houndoom anyways. I need a flying Pokemon next. Wanna go and find one?" Ray asked.
"Might as well," Absol replied nudging the fainted Houndoom with her blade." Can't believe we won though huh? Thought I was a goner when it evolved."
"Honestly, I feel kinda bad for it, you really worked him over. Let's just go shall we?"
"Yeah yeah," Absol replied absentmindely. "Mind giving me a Potion first though?"
————————————————–

Sands Buisle

Post #17
you forgot about the fire.

hellfirehoundoom

Post #18
SSB, what the "Dark Pokémon" means is Houndoom's species, like Lati@s' is the "Eon Pokémon" and Dialga's/Palkia's are the "Temporal/Space Pokémon", Respectively. Not exactly referring to the type.

InnerDemon

Post #19
Ohh. So Houndoom is a fire/dark type o.o

Sands Buisle

Post #20
I was talking about the wildfire! He/She said the Houndoom set the tree/area on fire.

I just now rellized that it said the fire disapeared, my bad.

Pages: 1 2 3

Forum Index - Back to Your Own Fanfiction