Dilemma

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1

Butterfree

Post #1
Okay, so. Chapter 46. Is. Way. Too. Long.

I'm starting the eighth page and what ought to be the main subject of the chapter isn't even particularly close to starting. As much as I like the chapter beginning being a chapter beginning, I have to be reasonable and realize that all the stuff I've written so far, plus some more, really, really belongs in chapter 45, which was rather short anyway.

So! Do you think I should finish this part and just add it onto chapter 45? At forums I'd just post it as chapter 45 part II; here I'd tack it onto the end of chapter 45 and post a link here that goes straight to where the current version of the chapter ends.

You might now ask why in the world I don't just make this a separate chapter and then make what was actually meant to be chapter 46 into chapter 47 and so on. And yes, that would be very sensible as well. But then what I want to be chapter 50 will just be chapter 51. D: And I'm too obsessive-compulsive to do that. Darn it, now I really wish I had fused chapters… what was it, 41 and 42? Then it would all fit perfectly. D:

Buuut yeah. What do you say? I, at least, am starting to kind of like the add-onto-chapter-45 idea, even though my poor chapter beginning really should be a chapter beginning. D:

COMMENTARY DONE

Eternal

Post #2
I'd go for the add-onto-chapter-45 idea personally. Usually, if it seems like something belongs in a certain chapter, it usually does belong there. Or at least that's what I usually run into with this stuff.

"It will come to pass, as it has been foretold, but not in the way we've planned. The path twists, and many surprises will be in store for you."

bayleef

Post #3
I think adding on to chapter 45 sounds good. Chapter 45 seemed a little short anyway.

TexLugia

Post #4
Adding on would be great =3 I'm just looking forward to reading it ^^ I check this to make sure it hasn't been finished and I've missed it.

Automatistic

(guest)

Post #5
…I see three solutions.

1. Make the chapter REALLY long, people who come later when it's all finished and read it then won't really care if it's longer or not.
2. Merge the beginning into the end of 45, and have your favourite chapter beginning be a favourite chapter… middle.
3. Go back and merge 41 and 42, and move all the chapter after that back one. It would be sneaky =P

I think everyone's curious about the favourite chapter beginning that you've been talking about for ages now. I wanna see what happens to Quilava, mainly because Cyndaquil's one of my favourites and Quilava is gorgeous. X3

elyvorg

Post #6
I say put it in Chapter 45 as well. If that's where it belongs, that's where it belongs, and those little niggling desires for you to have it as a chapter beginning are getting ideas above their station.

Sad is happy for deep people.

Puredragon222

(guest)

Post #7
I say sneakily merge 41 and 42, so the best chapter beginning gets to be a beginning.

opaltiger

Post #8
I, for one, welcome our new megachapter overlord.

Pure Umbreon

(guest)

Post #9
Yes, adding on to chapter 45, even if it is already posted, is fine. Better to have two semi long chapters than one short and one mega-long chapter to follow :)

Leafpool

(guest)

Post #10
Any particular reason why it wouldn't work being long anyway? :/

Butterfree

Post #11
It's not the length, per se; it's that this chapter is supposed to be about the preliminary rounds of the League, and including all this stuff that is about Mark and May settling in at the League HQ and preparing for the League, particularly with the plot-relevant revelations in this part, would take the focus away from the actual point, the preliminary rounds themselves. It feels like an unbalanced chapter.

COMMENTARY DONE

Raitora Kuro Yamiraku

(guest)

Post #12
Yes, I very much agree with tacking chapter 46's beginning onto the end of 45. (I'm quite obsessive-compulsive, as well, and I have run into this problem many times.) So, yes, well, there you have it. The emo genius has spoken. *nods wisely*

Pages: 1

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog