Ask the Characters

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends

Pages: First page ... 44 45 46 47 48

Butterfree

Post #921
May: Why did you release Quilava? Even if she didn't want to evolve, wouldn't she still be useful in the legendary battles?
May: Unevolved Pokémon just aren't very powerful. The time that would have gone into training her was better spent training a new Fire Pokémon who would end up in a stronger form. She was better off in the wild.

to all willing to answer: if there was a movie based off of your lives, who do you think would play you?
This question doesn't really make any sense. Why would the characters know contemporary real-world actors that you'd recognize?

COMMENTARY DONE

likeafinalboss

Post #922
Very good, in-character answer from May. I'm surprised it didn't occur to me in the first place.

Raichu: During the Thunderyu battle, you and Jolteon teamed up to sap the electricity from the funnel cloud, but you don't have the Volt Absorb ability. How could you do it? Is this a trait that all Electric Pokémon possess, or does your absorption differ from Jolteon's? If it does, how?

Scyther/Razor: You mentioned in Ruxido that you used to slash through tall grass for fun (or training, I can't remember which). Did you ever accidentally slash a wild Pokémon? What happened if you did?

Racko: Have you chosen to stay as a Grovyle, or are you not powerful enough to evolve into a Sceptile?

(IALCOTN) Mark: The school you go to has a Porygon to help with grading tests; how can it stay in Sailance without becoming debilitated and tired? Or can it avoid this by converting itself to computer code?

Venomoth

Post #923
Mark's Sandshrew: How many moves do you know?
Pamela: Do you use ranged moves (Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Round…) often?

ShadowKaiserin

Post #924
Victor: Do you think Mutark's ability to grow in size and power is a way of making up for it's lack of evolution? And I don't recall, is yours male or female?

May's Stantler: You said you're a mother, how long ago did you have your baby? And have you had more than one?

hoadleysp

Post #925
to Mark, May and Alan: What's your favorite species of Pokemon and why?

Scytherian Poetry

Post #926
(Mark's) Charizard: In the event of a battle between Charlie and yourself, who would be the victor?

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"

Scyther

Post #927
Mark/May: Have you considered buying or stealing a Pocket Healer? Seems that it would be awfully convenient.

likeafinalboss

Post #928
@Scyther: I was planning on asking that sometime. You beat me to it! ^_^

May: Is it possible to hold a normal conversation with Mutark in any of her forms?

Female Color Dragons: What do you suppose your male siblings are up to?

Male Color Dragons: What do you suppose your female siblings are up to?
(I realize they'll just rant, but I find it hilarious.)

Destroyer: Do you know you're the Destroyer?
(That last one is optional if you really want to conceal every aspect of its identity.)

Butterfree

Post #929
Oh, God, why do I keep forgetting about this thread.

Raichu: During the Thunderyu battle, you and Jolteon teamed up to sap the electricity from the funnel cloud, but you don't have the Volt Absorb ability. How could you do it? Is this a trait that all Electric Pokémon possess, or does your absorption differ from Jolteon's? If it does, how?
Raichu: We were just gathering the electrical energy to be able to use it to power our own attacks. Any Electric Pokémon can do that.

(Volt Absorb is the ability to use absorbed electricity for healing and had nothing to do with what they were doing there.)

Scyther/Razor: You mentioned in Ruxido that you used to slash through tall grass for fun (or training, I can't remember which). Did you ever accidentally slash a wild Pokémon? What happened if you did?
Scyther: Slashing grass is loud; normally the wild Pokémon would have plenty of time to get out of the way. But if you did accidentally hit something, you'd eat it, or take it back to the swarm and share it if you weren't hungry.

Racko: Have you chosen to stay as a Grovyle, or are you not powerful enough to evolve into a Sceptile?
Racko: I just like this form! I'd feel naked without my wrist leaves.

(IALCOTN) Mark: The school you go to has a Porygon to help with grading tests; how can it stay in Sailance without becoming debilitated and tired? Or can it avoid this by converting itself to computer code?
Mark: The Porygon are just in the computers, and presumably the Effect wouldn't reach them there. I don't think they ever take physical form.

Mark's Sandshrew: How many moves do you know?
Sandslash: I don't keep count. Fifteen, twenty?

(As I keep saying, asking the characters is not the best way to find out factual information. He knows Sandslash's natural level-up moveset plus Rock Slide and Aerial Ace, unless I've forgotten some off-hand mention at some point.)

Pamela: Do you use ranged moves (Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Round…) often?
Pamela: Sometimes. Alan likes Swift and Power Gem.

Victor: Do you think Mutark's ability to grow in size and power is a way of making up for it's lack of evolution? And I don't recall, is yours male or female?
Victor: Precious is male. I wouldn't say it's a substitute for evolution, per se; its utility is quite different, since it relies on enticing the opponent to underestimate it before it grows.

May's Stantler: You said you're a mother, how long ago did you have your baby? And have you had more than one?
Stantler: I had one calf, some five years ago, after my trainer died.

to Mark, May and Alan: What's your favorite species of Pokemon and why?
Mark: Lugia and Articuno.

May: Skarmory.

Alan: All Pokémon have their own strengths and weaknesses, and they're all their own individuals to be judged on their own merits, not their species. The idea of having a favorite Pokémon rubs me the wrong way - like having a favorite race of people.

(Mark's) Charizard: In the event of a battle between Charlie and yourself, who would be the victor?
Charizard: Probably Charlie. He is older and has more experience.

Mark/May: Have you considered buying or stealing a Pocket Healer? Seems that it would be awfully convenient.
Mark: Well, they're really hard to get and limited in scope, since they can only heal mild injuries - they're basically like a Max Revive and Full Restore in one. Serious damage like legendaries can do mandates proper Pokémon Center care.

May: Is it possible to hold a normal conversation with Mutark in any of her forms?
May: Kind of, but she only transforms during battle, so there isn't much of an opportunity for it.

Female Color Dragons: What do you suppose your male siblings are up to?
Raudra: They're scheming to leave us powerless and have us grovel before them as they rob us of our homes and mock us and slowly kill us!

You can't ask the male color dragons or the Destroyer, because they haven't appeared on-screen in the story (or, in the Destroyer's case, you at least don't know that he has), one of the requirements for being able to ask questions. Furthermore, all information I'll answer regarding the Destroyer in Ask the Author, etc. is basically channeled through Chaletwo - I'm basically telling you his beliefs about the Destroyer - and even if you could in fact ask the Destroyer questions, this would still violate the rule about not giving characters important information they may not actually know in the story.

COMMENTARY DONE

Ditto

Post #930
As a new user, I have plenty of questions, which I will give off in small doses:

Chaletwo: I'm confused about Arceus's place in the war of legends. Has anyone captured him? Did he create the universe, or are the Sinnoh myths false?

Lapras: How has life been treating you since you were released?

Letaligon, Quilava, and Tyrannitar: same as above

Butterfree

Post #931
Chaletwo: I'm confused about Arceus's place in the war of legends. Has anyone captured him? Did he create the universe, or are the Sinnoh myths false?
Chaletwo: Arceus has nothing to do with it. He is usually sleeping in his own universe, and he isn't affected by the Destroyer and doesn't participate in the War. As I understand it, he created the universe but has only interfered with it a couple of times since.

Lapras: How has life been treating you since you were released?
Lapras: It has been fine. I have yet to find another Lapras, but I enjoy being free.

Letaligon, Quilava, and Tyrannitar: same as above
Letaligon: …All right, I suppose.

Quilava: I'm part of a colony of Cyndaquil and Quilava now. It was a bit weird adjusting to life in the wild, but I'm having a better time now than I ever was with my trainers.

Tyranitar: …

COMMENTARY DONE

elyvorg

Post #932
Raudra: Say you and your sisters somehow managed to become a lot more powerful than your brothers (such as if the Destroyer drains them more than you now that you're captured, like the humans talked about) - enough that your brothers would never be able to hurt you no matter what they tried. If that happened, would you just happily live by yourselves and leave your brothers be? Or would you still want to kill them, even though they'd no longer be a threat?

[…and if her sisters have anything interestingly different to say, I'd like to hear their answers to this, too. I just defaulted to Raudra because she's the most fun.]

Sad is happy for deep people.

Ditto

Post #933
Mitch: How did you survive the Scorplack sting?

Butterfree

Post #934
Ack, I managed to start answering these a while ago only for my browser to crash before I'd finished the post and then I forgot about it again. Sorry!

Raudra: Say you and your sisters somehow managed to become a lot more powerful than your brothers (such as if the Destroyer drains them more than you now that you're captured, like the humans talked about) - enough that your brothers would never be able to hurt you no matter what they tried. If that happened, would you just happily live by yourselves and leave your brothers be? Or would you still want to kill them, even though they'd no longer be a threat?
Raudra: They are always scheming. You can't trust them, never. Even without their powers they plot and plan and cheat.

Mitch: How did you survive the Scorplack sting?
Mitch: If only I knew that.

COMMENTARY DONE

CaptainJ

Post #935
Charizard and Gyarados: Would you like to be able to mega evolve?
Rick: Can any of your clone pokemon mega evolve?
Mew:Did you create Arceus?
Chaletwo: Is it possible that Yveltal is the destroyer? It is the death pokemon after all and its signature move drains energy.

To catch Mew in Pokemon X and Y you jusALL GLORY TO THE SEISMITOAD!!!

Butterfree

Post #936
Charizard and Gyarados: Would you like to be able to mega evolve?
Charizard: It could be nice, I suppose. I don't think that's likely to happen, though. Doesn't it need some special stones only found in another region?

Gyarados: No. I'm fine as I am.

Rick: Can any of your clone pokemon mega evolve?
Rick: …

Mew:Did you create Arceus?
Mew: No. Arceus was the Original One. He created Dialga and Palkia, and with them space and time. They live outside of the universe and do not take part in the War.

Chaletwo: Is it possible that Yveltal is the destroyer? It is the death pokemon after all and its signature move drains energy.
Chaletwo: That would have been a theory, but Yveltal has already been caught without problems and yet our power continues to be drained. It's most likely someone we don't know of.

COMMENTARY DONE

Chirrio

Post #937
Letaligon: How is your life in Ruxido? Are you dissapointed about your father's death? Would you come back with Mark if you had the opportunity?

Chirrio

Post #938
Mrs Grotentwoski (or whatever your middle name is): What would you say if I told you Mark is one of the 4 best trainers in Ouen this year?

ObsidianAbsol

Post #939
Chaletwo: If you did absolutely nothing to stop the War of the Legends, who do you think would win?
Mark and May: If you had a chance to become any Pokémon, which Pokemon would you choose to become? (No legendaries)

trapinch123

Post #940
Mewtwo
how do you like chaletwo being a more powerful version of you

Pages: First page ... 44 45 46 47 48

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends