Ask the Author

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends

Pages: First page ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Last page

Sands Buisle

Post #741
What is your opinion on balck & white thus far

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Butterfree

Post #742
Haven't played it, but it looks awesome in every way and I can't wait for the English release.

COMMENTARY DONE

Kevin

Post #743
Which BW starter are you going with?

Of all the new Pokemon, are there any that you have just fallen in love with the design?

Since I don't think it's fair to ask without telling, my starter will be Mijumaru. I have four favorites - Daikenki, Rankurusu, Zeburaiku, and Kirikizan.

Butterfree

Post #744
Which BW starter are you going with?
I haven't quite decided, but I'm starting to lean towards Mijumaru, since I'd prefer to get an Antagonist Tsutaaja and I don't like Enbuoo.

I am in love with Bachuru and Denchura. It is going on my team without question. I also love Sazandora, Choroneko, Aakeosu, and Ishizumai is adorable although I doubt I'll ever use it. There are lots of others that I like, if not quite as much.

COMMENTARY DONE

Kevin

Post #745
…You don't know how refreshing to see someone say that they're leaning toward Mijumaru.

It seems as though everyone is smitten with Tsutaaja - and I hate him. At least his final evolution is tolerable, but still.

I also don't get all the Mijumaru hate in the fandom - he's awesome.

I guess this was more of a comment than a question…

Butterfree

Post #746
I don't really like Mijumaru, honestly. :P It's just that its evolved forms get better and though I marginally prefer Jarooda to Daikenki in terms of design (though I don't really like any of the final stages), I'm really iffy on Jarooda's stat distribution, with Antagonist the main thing that could save it (what with Leaf Storm actually boosting Special Attack).

It's pretty much another Hoenn for me, in that I don't really like any of the final-form starters. Main difference is that then at least Sceptile had sweeper stats and I really, really liked Grovyle, whereas Janobii is just a "rather like" thing and their stats are inconvenient. I guess maybe Jarooda could be better in Sugimori artwork or something, but it just seemed disappointing to me.

A lot of people are picking Mijumaru after the evolutions got revealed. It's not as surprising as you'd think.

COMMENTARY DONE

Sands Buisle

Post #747
Is there any pokemon whom you think looks awful/ridiculus? Were there any previous generation pokemon you thought looked awful/ridiculus?

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Butterfree

Post #748
Is there any pokemon whom you think looks awful/ridiculus? Were there any previous generation pokemon you thought looked awful/ridiculus?
In the fifth generation, I really dislike Dasutodasu (the evolved garbage bag monster). Also Hihidaruma. And Maggyo looks kind of whut.

In the previous generations, Kingdra, Bibarel and Marill/Azumarill. Probably more that I don't remember at the moment. Sceptile and Scizor used to be on this list, but I've warmed up to them after using Sceptile and writing Nightmare (i.e. the character).

COMMENTARY DONE

Scytherian Poetry

Post #749
Which is your favourite starter from each generation, and which is your favourite overall?

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"

Butterfree

Post #750
Which is your favourite starter from each generation, and which is your favourite overall?
That rather depends on which stage of the starter we're looking at sometimes. In Kanto I prefer Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, but in Johto I like Totodile best of the first-stage starters but Quilava best of the second stages and it's something of a toss-up between Feraligatr and Typhlosion. In Hoenn I like the entire Treecko line best, in Sinnoh I kind of like all of them, and in Isshu it's a tie between Tsutaaja and Pokabu, then Janobii, then I mildly prefer Jarooda over Daikenki.

COMMENTARY DONE

Kevin

Post #751
…Do you really expect us to believe that you haven't had an interesting dream since early August?

Will Isshu Pokemon start popping up in the IALCOTN? (Like how you added Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon into the fic as they were revealed) Do you have any ideas for which ones you might use and for which characters (as in, Flora might use Mebukijka, for example.)

Butterfree

Post #752
…Do you really expect us to believe that you haven't had an interesting dream since early August?
I've had plenty of interesting dreams, but none that were long and vivid and sensible enough to make for a good journal entry. I believe I've posted a couple on Twitter, though.

Will Isshu Pokemon start popping up in the IALCOTN? (Like how you added Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon into the fic as they were revealed) Do you have any ideas for which ones you might use and for which characters (as in, Flora might use Mebukijka, for example.)
Isshu Pokémon will start popping up in both the ILCOE and the IALCOTN, just like Sinnoh Pokémon and Hoenn Pokémon before them, the moment Black and White are out in English. They won't necessarily be given to existing characters, however - it tends to be more of an add them where they weren't before thing than a substitute them for some other Pokémon from the previous versions thing.

COMMENTARY DONE

Sands Buisle

Post #753
The anime and the games both place isshu far, far away from the other regions, you can't find isshu pokemon in the other four regions, or find kanto/jhoto/hoenn/sinnoh pokemon can't be found there wild, wouldn't that mean that they won't appear in ouen, who seems to be near kanto/jhoto?

Butterfree

Post #754
The anime and the games both place isshu far, far away from the other regions, you can't find isshu pokemon in the other four regions, or find kanto/jhoto/hoenn/sinnoh pokemon can't be found there wild, wouldn't that mean that they won't appear in ouen, who seems to be near kanto/jhoto?
Ouen's location in relation to the other canonical regions has never been established, but so far it's indiscriminately contained a mishmash of every other region's Pokémon, so odds are I'm sticking with that.

COMMENTARY DONE

Rose

Post #755
So, you've seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, right?

So, yeah.

Doctor Horrible Count: 30 viewings

Butterfree

Post #756
So, you've seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, right?
Of course. It is one of my favorite things in the world ever.

COMMENTARY DONE

Rose

Post #757
Haha. I ask because I've only actually met 2 people (not over the internet) who've seen it and were not introduced to it by me. How many times have you seen it?

So, yeah.

Doctor Horrible Count: 30 viewings

Butterfree

Post #758
Haha. I ask because I've only actually met 2 people (not over the internet) who've seen it and were not introduced to it by me. How many times have you seen it?
I couldn't possibly keep count. I went a couple of weeks watching it several times a day (or, well, sometimes just listening to the audio while doing something else). For a while I actually knew it by heart from beginning to end, though I'm not sure if I still do.

…what? I get obsessed. (Granted, this one was pretty bad as far as my obsessions go.)

COMMENTARY DONE

Kevin

Post #759
On your FAQ, with the question about new games, do you automatically update it when new games are revealed, or do you wait until people start e-mailing you about them?

And, also, why do you update it? As I recall, you have, in brackets or something like that, to insert whatever the current game is.

Unrelated, but:
What do you like to drink? Milk? Pop/Soda? Or something else?

Butterfree

Post #760
On your FAQ, with the question about new games, do you automatically update it when new games are revealed, or do you wait until people start e-mailing you about them?

And, also, why do you update it? As I recall, you have, in brackets or something like that, to insert whatever the current game is.
As the bottom of the answer itself says, I update the actual question (but not necessarily the contents of the answer) whenever somebody e-mails me about a new game, just to demonstrate how ridiculously common this is. So, yes, the question talking about Black and White now actually does mean that somebody has e-mailed me to inform me about them (two people as of recently, in fact).

What do you like to drink? Milk? Pop/Soda? Or something else?
Coke when I can get it (I don't go out and buy it myself, but if it's there I usually can't resist it), otherwise water.

COMMENTARY DONE

Pages: First page ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Last page

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends