Nearly done

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1

Butterfree

Post #1
So. You may, or may not, have noticed at some point in the past several days that my signature has been saying I'm less than a page away from finishing the chapter.

Well, basically, I'm writing the final scene of the chapter. The scene is just being a little tricky to get right, mostly because it's bringing up a silly made-up bit of Pokémon world mathematics that I'm not sure whether to try to have the characters articulate in full or if I should just mention it fairly out of nowhere with little explanation and make an extra/worldbuilding article about what they're talking about.

There is also stuff earlier in the chapter I'm kind of iffy on, so it may need a lot of proof-tweaking. We'll see.

COMMENTARY DONE

Raitora Kuro Yamiraku

(guest)

Post #2
Hm.

Well, if you think about it, it makes much more sense to make them mention it in passing, then write an article about it. After all, they're not teaching a class. In reality, they wouldn't take time to explain every minor detail of a concept. *shrug*

Sounds like an interesting chapter. Can't wait.

Butterfree

Post #3
Well, Mark has no clue about it, so it makes sense for it to be at least partly explained to him. The problem is whether it will still feel like they're teaching a class, which would be bad for the actual point of the scene (it's not supposed to be a random geeky infodump).

COMMENTARY DONE

Pure Umbreon

Post #4
Please take all the time you need. If I were to voice my opinion, make them mention it with enough explanation to make sense and write an worldbuilding article on it. I would personally enjoy that better.

Click if you have the time.

ShadowDusk

Post #5
ya, chapter up date soon!

Shadow "the GhostGirl"

Mudskipper

(guest)

Post #6
Go ahead and explain it just enough that Mark would understand it (unless he isn't supposed to get it) and enough that we'd understand it without an article. Then go as in-depth with the article as you please.

Shadow Serenity

Post #7
Thirding the opinions in the comments by Pure Umbreon and Mudskipper.

Scytherian Poetry

Post #8
This is where an ignorant or stupid main character comes in useful. In explaining to him, you are explaining to your audience. I think a brief outline for the actual chapter, then a details description on it in the Worldbuilding article.

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"

Pages: 1

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog