Ask the Author

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends

Pages: First page ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... Last page

Spoon

Post #681
Considering the many revisions of this fic has had and how long you've been writing it, how difficult is it to change a long time aspect of a character or the plot?

Also, is the death of May's dad's Meganuim a homage to Venusaur's death in Ties that Bind?

Butterfree

Post #682
Difficult in the attachment-to-the-old-silly-idea sense, or difficult in the already-wrote-this-in sense?

It was a Charizard that died in The Ties that Bind, at the hands of a Venusaur, so the situation for May's dad's Meganium was reversed. I did think of that fic, but I was trying not to make it too similar, beyond the starter-dying-battling-another-starter thing.

COMMENTARY DONE

Scytherian Poetry

Post #683
Do you mind everyone making all their own theories about the Destroyer?
(I think that needs a name change too. Calling something which Destroys a "Destroyer" is kinda… Generic? How about… The Consumer? Something like The —— One? Seriously, add a good describing word and run with it. It works!)

/endrant

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"

Butterfree

Post #684
I love theories about the Destroyer. They make me cackle evilly and look forward to writing the end.

It's called the Destroyer because it's the destruction part of the trinity with the Creator and Preserver. That's sort of the whole point. Changing the Destroyer's name would destroy the parallel between them.

Besides, the Destroyer isn't even "something which destroys" except in a very indirect sense, and since absolutely nothing is known about the Destroyer except that it's something that drains the power of the legendaries and causes the War of the Legends, "the Destroyer" is in fact probably the least obvious name you can give it without making assumptions out of nowhere; I mean, I'd consider "the Power-Drainer" or "the War-Causing One" far worse.

COMMENTARY DONE

Scytherian Poetry

Post #685
That's true. Of course it's got logic behind it, this is a Butterfree fic, after all.
Would you consider making a spin-off about Alan's journey to catch Rainteicune?

Butterfree

Post #686
Would you consider making a spin-off about Alan's journey to catch Rainteicune?
I actually answered almost that exact question a while ago.

COMMENTARY DONE

Scytherian Poetry

Post #687
Oops… Sorry…
Anyway, I have another question. What happens to Dialga and Palkia in the War? Have they ever been in a War?

Butterfree

Post #688
Anyway, I have another question. What happens to Dialga and Palkia in the War? Have they ever been in a War?
Aaaand this one is in the FAQ.

COMMENTARY DONE

Sands Buisle

Post #689
Are you even going to tell us who/what the destroyer is by the end of the fic?

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Butterfree

Post #690
You will know what/who the Destroyer is by the end of the fic, yes.

COMMENTARY DONE

Spoon

Post #691
I was thinking more along the lines of "attachment-to-the-silly-idea-sense," but it seems like you'd have to take in account both senses when you change something. So, um, describing the closest thing to a method you use when that happens would probably be best.

My mistake for switching Venusaur and Charizard around D: ; I should reread it soon.

Thank you for answering, as well.

Scytherian Poetry

Post #692
Oh, man, I feel like a moron now. Look at the FAQ before asking questions. Got it.

Butterfree

Post #693
I was thinking more along the lines of "attachment-to-the-silly-idea-sense," but it seems like you'd have to take in account both senses when you change something. So, um, describing the closest thing to a method you use when that happens would probably be best.
It's pretty much a matter of thinking very hard about the new way I want it to be and why it's strictly superior to the old way. After a while, the new way starts to feel familiar and I can push the cringeworthy old one out of my head in the knowledge that the new way is much better.

COMMENTARY DONE

Tiffano

Post #694
Does being in a closer proximity to the Destroyer speed up the process of their energy being absorbed?

Butterfree

Post #695
Does being in a closer proximity to the Destroyer speed up the process of their energy being absorbed?
No. Or at least not as far as Molzapart and Chaletwo know.

COMMENTARY DONE

Tiffano

Post #696
Hmm…
What happens to the Destroyer during the War of the Legends? No "Power" is being sent to it so it wouldn't go insane, per se. Does it just avoid the war altogether or use the remaining Power to join in the War?

Butterfree

Post #697
Unfortunately, nobody knows that. I can explain details of what the characters already basically know, but I can't go around telling you about things that are explicitly a mystery to everyone in the story.

COMMENTARY DONE

elyvorg

Post #698
Who is Mark drawing in your current sig extract? For some reason I'm ridiculously curious. D:

Sad is happy for deep people.

Butterfree

Post #699
Charizard.

COMMENTARY DONE

Kevin

Post #700
You should totally change the name of this thread to "Ask God", as in Word of God. But, that's not my question. In fact, it's not even a question…

If you were to write a spin off or one shot revolving around a human character, who would it be? Timeline wise, how would it relate to TQFTL?

Pages: First page ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... Last page

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends