Happy Birthday to TQftL

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1

Butterfree

Post #1
On this day exactly eight years ago, my parents got married. And that same day, for some mysterious reason, I felt the urge to start writing a new Pokémon fanfic and created what was to become the most important Word document of my life. Little did I know that at the age of twenty I would still be stuck chugging on with that same story.

Yes, The Quest for the Legends is eight years old today. That makes it older than Mozilla Firefox, older than Firefly, and twice as old as my boyfriend's dog (whose name unfortunately does not involve fire). Happy birthday, my dear awkwardly plotted mess. Know that my love for you knows no bounds.

Unfortunately I haven't finished the chapter, since I've had to do a job assignment all day (monies!), but I will continue writing now and may or may not finish it before I go to bed. In which case, uh, it's totally still the nineteenth if I haven't gone to bed yet.

EDIT: I feel obligated to note that while the server thinks it's the twentieth, that's because it's in London. It's still twenty minutes to midnight on the nineteenth in Iceland. So there.

COMMENTARY DONE

Kitsune

Post #2
Yes! I'm the first birthday comment! Such an unexpected move! >D

Happy birthday, TQftL, and may I express my amazement that a fic started by a twelve year-old continues to be lovingly worked on eight years later! :3

…in my pants.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left!

Say "thug aim" out loud. Prepare to be annoyed.

Steele

Post #3
Happy birthday, you little big bundle of awesomesauce that keeps me tied to fanfiction. :D

It's kinda funny that when you mentioned not expecting to still be writing this at the age of twenty, you still have a lot more to go.

Well, tell your parents happy anniversary from some idiot they don't even know and most likely never will.

"Do you think I enjoy telling you who you can screw and who you can't?" -Shadowdart

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, cause' it's already tomorrow in Australia!

elementalpenguin

(guest)

Post #4
This is what first got me into fanfiction… this fic right here.
Happy Birthday, TQftL! Happy Anniversary, Dragonfree's parents!

Sands Buisle

Post #5
I'm overjoyed! Not just because of the fics birthday, but the summer holiday started one hour, 25 minutes and about 5 seconds before I posted this!

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Oh-Paching

(guest)

Post #6
Hopefully you haven't gone to bed yet.

Pure Umbreon

Post #7
Happy Birthday TQftL!
I must also agree with many of the other posters… if it weren't for this story, I probably wouldn't know what in the world fanfiction even was.

Click if you have the time.

shadow_lugia

(guest)

Post #8
If it weren't for this fic, then I probably would never have given a second thought to Scyther, which is an awesome Pokemon that deserves more of my attention.
In other news, I have to wonder if you intentionally made the spam verifier Pokemon related to the fic, or if I'm just oddly lucky. I got Mew for the Prologue and now it's Gyarados.

Butterfree

Post #9
No; it's the exact same spam verification script used in my guestbook, so it's completely random (and has a 1/8192 chance of being shiny). You were just insanely lucky.

COMMENTARY DONE

Mudskipper

(guest)

Post #10
Happy Birthday, TQftL! One of the best pieces of Pokémon fanfiction out there.

Ice

Post #11
You'll need to revise the About page, it says "seven years and counting," ahaha.

I started reading this in '06 or '07, and it seems like I've been sticking around with this forever when in reality it's been around for a lot longer o3o.

Pages: 1

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog