Chapter 53 up

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog

Pages: 1 2

Butterfree

Post #1
Finally! Took a little while to get it done completely, but here we go.

Chapter 53: Away

Enjoy.

COMMENTARY DONE

Pure Umbreon

Post #2
I smell an April Fools Joke… Oh, and by the way, Mitch's request just happened. Author wrote some May x Mark. =D

Click if you have the time.

opaltiger

Post #3
Hmm. I'm not sure I'm seeing it. Aside from being a bit of a departure for you, it just seems, I dunno, a little sudden. I mean, Mark/May? Bit of an unexpected plot twist, too - really not sure I like it. I'd suspected you weren't telling us everything, but this seems a bit of a lacklustre direction to take.

Also, your writing's a little below standard - mostly I noticed some stilted description (things like using varied dialogue tags for the sake of variety, and one or two slightly cliched expressions), that sort of thing.

Maybe it suffers in comparison to the last chapter. :P I'm a little unsure, but I have the feeling that you know where this is going. Looking forward to the next chapter, at any rate!

Tiffano

(guest)

Post #4
Wow ;_; I was rereading chapters 9,10, and 11 when I got the e-mail xD

Tiffano

(guest)

Post #5
Whoa. I always thought it'd be May+Alan. Taylor's change of heart is kind of… odd. It's so sudden and how he just decides to join them and release his Pokemon. He was a spoiled brat, yes, but I figured he must have had some love from his brother. . . kind of.

But as opal said, there's probably more coming on. :}

Leafpool

(guest)

Post #6
o.O I agree with Pure Umbreon. This is definitely an April Fool's joke, especially considering they've been done on TCoD the past several years.

Chaos16

Post #7
This is hilarious. Butterfree, you totally got me. I didn't suspect anything since its not April 1st where I am. I truly thought you had written some horrible fanfic stereotype. I didn't figure it out until the power of love thing and Taylor smashing the clone balls. Genius. Can't wait for the real chapter though

Interests:
Scott Pilgrim, No More Heroes, Portal, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Christopher Nolan movies, being hilarious
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade; make life take the lemons back!" -Cave Johnson, CEO, Aperture Science

Negrek

(guest)

Post #8
I'm not sure what opaltiger's problem is; "instantly, as if by the touch of a Suicune" is definitely one of your best turns of phrase to date, although it's deep enough that I can see how people wouldn't be able to appreciate it initially. You might not want to use "orbs" to describe eyes, though. It's a little overdone.

Of course, I was a little surprised at first by the revelation about the Power of Love, but reading back over some of the previous chapters, I can see how you were careful to build up to this point. Great job on the foreshadowing!

Very cute and fluffy. Definitely an improvement after being dragged through all those tedious battles in the more recent chapters.

elyvorg

Post #9
Eh, romance isn't really my kind of thing, but I'm sure it's fine for people whose tastes are more in that direction. And while I was sort of hoping Taylor would get some kind of comeuppance after the ridiculously unfair business with Mewtwo^2 last chapter, I suppose this is a good, non-violent way of dealing with it. :/

But aww, it's nice to see Chaletwo's daddy issues being resolved! :3

Sad is happy for deep people.

Nihila

(guest)

Post #10
Nice. As others have said, though, this is probably an April Fools joke. Or, Butterfree has been kidnapped by aliens and replaced with this imitator. Well, if this hasn't delayed the real chapter, I'm happy with it!

(guest)

Post #11
The question is… was the Chapter 53 that Butterfree looked so forward to the REAL chapter 53, or this spoof?

RLabs

Post #12
I only realized about halfway through reading this that it was already April Fool's in Iceland…

Leaving_a_comment

(guest)

Post #13
I really shouldn't laugh but I really hope all you guys realize this is a joke. There is no what Butterfree would end it like this. But maybe you all just love to fool around and make us think you are that dense, silly posters..

Eternal

(guest)

Post #14
Of course, this makes me wonder how far you are in the real chapter 53…because we all know you'd never write that sort of stuff into a story.

Eonrider

Post #15
Who are you, and what have you done with Butterfree!? You almost had me going there. Happy April Fools!

elementalpenguin

(guest)

Post #16
Heh, as soon as you said orbs, I fell out of the trance. Your Mary Sue guide criticizes exactly that.
Nice April Fools' Butterfree.

@lex

Post #17
Butterfree, you are a genius. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to read the digital words written by the greatness that is you.

Me

(guest)

Post #18
I seriously hope that this IS an april fools joke, Butterfree………This thing just totally isnt your style "The power of love is the only thing that can defeat the Destroyer"

Sorry but thats totally cliche and not your style………….Besides its just amazingly anti-climactic

Bloom

(guest)

Post #19
I really hope this is an April Fools joke, because this reminds me of a shojo mary-suefic, where "TRAAAALALALALA LOVE SAVES THE DAY AND EVERYONE JOINS THE HERO AND HEROINE BECAUSE THEY'RE IN LOVE TRALALALALA"

Sands Buisle

Post #20
At the begining I wanted to barf, then I relised this is just an Aprils fools joke, it is, isn't it?

Anyway, gotta go. <slips and falls on puddle of barf>

Ow.

Please check out my Fan Fics (They're in this forum).

I'm not always rational, but I think people think I am.

… errazib nialp tsuj era serutangis emos ,wonk ouy.

Buisle is the ruler of the seven seas of sand, it is the terror of all Floatzel!

Man, I wrote Fics of three different Pokemon story types! What's next?! A wild Pokemon fic?! Hmmmmm…

Pages: 1 2

Forum Index - Back to The Quest Blog