Ask the Author

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends

Pages: First page ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last page

twiggylover

Post #221
You say it…

Torterra will save us!

…We're doomed if turtwig wont take the job….

elyvorg

Post #222
I would be very interested in seeing a long breakdown of just how messed-up Dave is, regardless of it being weird to analyse one's own fic. Now that you mention it, I do see where you're coming from, although only vaguely. I'll have to keep an eye out in future Dave scenes now, won't I?

…damn. You really make me want to write more messed-up characters in my own fic. From the way you always talk about it, it sounds like the most delightful fun. :<

(Oh, and the other reason the styles are being delayed because of me is you having spent part of the day before the birthday fangirling with me on MSN, right? 8D)

Sad is happy for deep people.

Scyther

Post #223
What does 'HELVÍTIS TÖLVUFJANDI' mean, and how do you pronounce it?

Butterfree

Post #224
:P Roughly, "COMPUTER DEMON FROM HELL". Although the literal translation sort of tones down the swearing; we don't really have any sexual swear words in Icelandic, so "hell" is actually one of the worst ones we have. So perhaps a more context-appropriate translation would be "FUCKING SHIT COMPUTER", but that's actually more offensive because we aren't that sensitive about swearing in general. Well, whatever.

It is kind of hard to teach people how to pronounce complicated Icelandic words.

COMMENTARY DONE

SilverLatios47

Post #225
So, uh, how would I submit fan art? I apologize for asking if there is a form somewhere on the minipage for it >///<

Still waiting desperately for the next chapter.

Butterfree

Post #226
You can e-mail me with it. And I think there is a thread here somewhere too where you can post it.

COMMENTARY DONE

Scyther

Post #227
So, uh, what do you dislike most about your story?

Butterfree

Post #228
All the cringeworthy plot aspects that don't make sense. Molzapart, Rainteicune, Alan finding Rainteicune, May's finding of Spirit and her subsequent kidnapping by the unnamed rich kid. And the poor writing in the first half of the ILCOE.

COMMENTARY DONE

Scyther

Post #229
What is used to code these forums? Invisionfree?

Butterfree

Post #230
I coded them myself. Hence, you know, the lack of features.

(Invisionfree is a free forum host; I could not possibly be using Invisionfree, since the forum is integrated into the minipage and is obviously not remotely hosted.)

COMMENTARY DONE

Scyther

Post #231
Wow. That's absolutely amazing.

sreservoir

Post #232
^application coding is a bit like writing. It isn't really hard if you have a general idea of what you want, but you usually don't know what you want, and even when you do know, it's annoying, takes a long time, and it tends to get rewritten.

anyway, do you plan to do anything with the forum code, or just let it sit there and rot?

Butterfree

Post #233
What do you mean, do anything with it?

COMMENTARY DONE

SlowCrow

Post #234
^ I think what he means is "Do you plan to add any features to the forums by altering the code in the future?" or something like that. And if I recall correctly, the topic of new features has been discussed already, but I forgot what was agreed by the end of said discussion. >_>

-___________- Kaw.

-___________- Kaw.

Days without a new chapter: 1 and counting.

Butterfree

Post #235
There was no agreement. I just had a thread where you could suggest new features, which might be added if people want them, they sound good, and I can think of a way to make them without the biggest headache in the world.

COMMENTARY DONE

hellfirehoundoom

Post #236
Why is it my sprites won't go in my signature?

Butterfree

Post #237
How should I know? How are you trying to do it?

COMMENTARY DONE

hellfirehoundoom

Post #238
Copy From paint and paste?

Butterfree

Post #239
…that would be because you can't just paste an image into a text field and people on the Internet can then magically see it. Go upload the image at an image host, such as Tinypic, and then use the URL it gives you.

COMMENTARY DONE

hellfirehoundoom

Post #240
Thank you Bfree!

Pages: First page ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last page

Forum Index - Back to The Quest for the Legends